First Name
Khalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Over the past weekend, I got the Slideout Tailgate installed on my Outer Banks Bronco. Bought it online and had it shipped to my house. The whole install is very simple and can be done in under an hour. The price is up there but with the right sale on the Ford Accessories website or other ford parts sites, you can definitely knock a few hundred off (part # N2DZ-99402K19-AB). Obviously, it would be ideal to get this as a factory option for half the price.

Ford Bronco Installed the OEM Slideout Tailgate BroncoTailgateInstall.00_11_51_18.Still001

I originally was torn between tailgate table options for months because I had no desire to add any additional rattles to my Bronco, either now or later down the line. When I started to see these roll out with the Everglades models, I knew this was the solution I was looking for. It levels out the cargo floor for me to sleep inside when camping. It adds a large solid food prep and cooking surface. I am able to stand on it to reach my roof rack. It even just acts as a nice place to sit. Pretty versatile piece of equipment that still leaves my cargo area open and usable.

Ford Bronco Installed the OEM Slideout Tailgate IMG_1460_2

I made a video just to document the process for people who want to see what effort is required to get it installed. Also tried to give a peak of what the cargo area looks like loaded out with the Slideout Tailgate installed.

Sponsored

tfrazier

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco BL 2.7, Lincoln MKZ, Newell Coach (RV)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video. Thanks for taking the time to make it. Iā€™ve been looking at this for awhile and had the same concerns that you mentioned. Have you noticed any rattles or squeaks since the install?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice. I have been looking at this for a while and should have hit it when it was on the Ford site for 27,424 (mistake) and now the 274,240 which I guess is the points it always was.

I have decided that I need a few more mods at this price before this table, so I have not pulled the trigger yet. Thanks for the video. I will get this one day.

OP
OP
3wheelkhalil

3wheelkhalil

Outer Banks
First Name
Khalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great video. Thanks for taking the time to make it. Iā€™ve been looking at this for awhile and had the same concerns that you mentioned. Have you noticed any rattles or squeaks since the install?
I'm glad to say there have been absolutely no rattles or squeaks so far. When it locks back into place, you get a pretty satisfying clunk. It makes me hopeful that it will stay quiet long term, but we will see. And thank you!

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm glad to say there have been absolutely no rattles or squeaks so far. When it locks back into place, you get a pretty satisfying clunk. It makes me hopeful that it will stay quiet long term, but we will see. And thank you!
Any update now that its been a few months and assuming a few thousand miles?
Iā€™m on the fence with itā€¦

Sponsored

JawnyBronco

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Mine was factory installed, 7 months and 6k miles and remains the Best Accessory Ever!!! Still completely quiet, extra storage underneath the deck for thin items, the deck is strong enough that even loaded doesnā€™t effect tailgate function, the deck has a grippy surface so cargo doesnā€™t slide even when you want it to šŸ˜ā€¦ use it tailgating on the beach, prep area when biking, etc

Last edited:

WIDirtFishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Lariat 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine was factory installed, 7 months and 6k miles and remains the Best Accessory Ever!!! Still completely quiet, extra storage underneath the deck for thin items, the deck is strong enough that even loaded doesnā€™t effect tailgate function, the deck has a grippy surface so cargo doesnā€™t slide even when you want it to šŸ˜ā€¦
Welpā€¦ you just spent $1150 for me. Thanks! Haha

OP
OP
3wheelkhalil

3wheelkhalil

Outer Banks
First Name
Khalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ditto to what everyone else has said, it has been awesome. I haven't heard it rattle once while driving. Also, the leveled out space when the seats are down makes it easier to load the bronco out for trips. I even stand on the slideout to get to my roof rack. Still really happy with it.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

do u happen to have this dimension? and also the height? Trying to see if i could fit amps
in the space.

IMG_2210.jpeg

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You also get the hidden benefit of some additional storage under the false floor - or in my case an area to mount some electronics. Before the amp was installed there was enough room to keep a coiled 25' air hose to use with my ARB onboard air setup. Also you can get a thin rubber floor mat to place (I used velcro) on the slide out portion so that you can rest items on it without fear of messing up the surface or unstable due to the design indentations.
Ford Bronco Installed the OEM Slideout Tailgate PXL_20240311_011040910
Ford Bronco Installed the OEM Slideout Tailgate PXL_20240311_011109846
Ford Bronco Installed the OEM Slideout Tailgate PXL_20230704_171905770

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

One of the best things about my HE (though there are many). It is indispensable if you have dogs. I use it to load them, put on their E-Collars, remove briars, brush them, and I even get to sit on it when they let me.....

I did not want mine scratched so I overlaid it with removable indoor-outdoor carpet.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, I want one of those. I just need to get it out of my mind to pony up 1K+ for it.

David Armstrong

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over the past weekend, I got the Slideout Tailgate installed on my Outer Banks Bronco. Bought it online and had it shipped to my house. The whole install is very simple and can be done in under an hour. The price is up there but with the right sale on the Ford Accessories website or other ford parts sites, you can definitely knock a few hundred off (part # N2DZ-99402K19-AB). Obviously, it would be ideal to get this as a factory option for half the price.

I originally was torn between tailgate table options for months because I had no desire to add any additional rattles to my Bronco, either now or later down the line. When I started to see these roll out with the Everglades models, I knew this was the solution I was looking for. It levels out the cargo floor for me to sleep inside when camping. It adds a large solid food prep and cooking surface. I am able to stand on it to reach my roof rack. It even just acts as a nice place to sit. Pretty versatile piece of equipment that still leaves my cargo area open and usable.

I made a video just to document the process for people who want to see what effort is required to get it installed. Also tried to give a peak of what the cargo area looks like loaded out with the Slideout Tailgate installed.

I was wondering if the Slideout tailgate works with the pull out cargo drawer also ?