First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got these https://www.kchilites.com/kc-50-ove...I_-j6zNskHbS2umP4UZHzRB82X9sRYnxoCKFwQAvD_BwE

Because i love the retro look, and i love the halogens, but, I dont have the AUX switches. I see videos of people wiring them to the pre-wired switches all day long, but i dont see anything about running the wires if you dont have those. Do I just go thru the little weather stripping slots on the passenger side, above the windshield and try and fish the wire down the pillar, to the glovebox where the aux wire WOULD go if i had it? or what? Im kind of at a loss on this one.
Sponsored

OP
OP

lolzfail

Big Bend
First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks like it’s a 50amp draw anyway, so, couldn’t run off the upfitters anyway. So…ideas lol

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Jeep JKU, 2022 Cyber Orange 4Dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No sure the wire could handle it but you already have one wire up in the A pillar and two in the glove box, you could connect the light to the one in the A pillar then tie that one into a glove box wire then hook a relay and switch to what ever wire color you went with near the drivers side wire drop (Maybe)

OP
OP

lolzfail

Big Bend
First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No sure the wire could handle it but you already have one wire up in the A pillar and two in the glove box, you could connect the light to the one in the A pillar then tie that one into a glove box wire then hook a relay and switch to what ever wire color you went with near the drivers side wire drop (Maybe)
Yeah according to ford that wires only rated for 30 amps and this draws about 50, so I don’t think that would be such a good idea? Even without the aux switches those wires are still ran?

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yeah according to ford that wires only rated for 30 amps and this draws about 50, so I don’t think that would be such a good idea? Even without the aux switches those wires are still ran?
Yes the basic wires are dropped to every location, They dead end in a harness in the A pillar (two different harnesses for the Aux and Without Aux) and the Fuse box does not have "Pins" for the 6 Aux switches. if you look under your hood near the drivers side fire wall you should see 6 wires taped to the harness with "caps" on them and two or three more headed forward also capped. Those are the pre run wires.

Sponsored
OP
OP

lolzfail

Big Bend
First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes the basic wires are dropped to every location, They dead end in a harness in the A pillar (two different harnesses for the Aux and Without Aux) and the Fuse box does not have "Pins" for the 6 Aux switches. if you look under your hood near the drivers side fire wall you should see 6 wires taped to the harness with "caps" on them and two or three more headed forward also capped. Those are the pre run wires.
hmmm. Okay. So that like, brown wire for wiring the accessory from the roof to the glovebox area is still there, and the wire from the glovebox to the engine bay is there, but where it would connect to the fuse box is gone?
So since it isn’t rated for the amperage my lights will draw, do you think I could just tape my wiring to the wire in the pillar, and then pull it through? Or is it too secured in the pillar?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got these https://www.kchilites.com/kc-50-ove...I_-j6zNskHbS2umP4UZHzRB82X9sRYnxoCKFwQAvD_BwE

Because i love the retro look, and i love the halogens, but, I dont have the AUX switches. I see videos of people wiring them to the pre-wired switches all day long, but i dont see anything about running the wires if you dont have those. Do I just go thru the little weather stripping slots on the passenger side, above the windshield and try and fish the wire down the pillar, to the glovebox where the aux wire WOULD go if i had it? or what? Im kind of at a loss on this one.
This guy ran the wires down the outside of the windshield.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ion-bronco-by-middleton-motorsports-🌵💡.24431/

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Run the wire down the side of the windshield (outside). That's the best way. You can try and sandwich the wire under the soft top if you want, but that might hurt the wire over time and/or let water in.

DO NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES use the wire Ford left you at the top of the pillar inside (you have to drill a hole to get to this anyway). It's a small wire and is NOT rated for the power these light bars use. I don't even know WHY Ford used such a small wire.

Then go into a switch panel system (we offer a few on our site)

OP
OP

lolzfail

Big Bend
First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Run the wire down the side of the windshield (outside). That's the best way. You can try and sandwich the wire under the soft top if you want, but that might hurt the wire over time and/or let water in.

DO NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES use the wire Ford left you at the top of the pillar inside (you have to drill a hole to get to this anyway). It's a small wire and is NOT rated for the power these light bars use. I don't even know WHY Ford used such a small wire.

Then go into a switch panel system (we offer a few on our site)
Yeah I knew that wire wouldn’t work for me, lol. How do you secure the wire into the windshield though do you just wedge it in there and then go under the removable cowls?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah I knew that wire wouldn’t work for me, lol. How do you secure the wire into the windshield though do you just wedge it in there and then go under the removable cowls?
double stick zip tie holders

Sponsored

Keerplunk

Big Bend
First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you wanted to go to the trouble you could remove the trim around the A pillar on the Passenger side and follow the harness down thru the dash and out the Gromit in the firewall.

OP
OP

lolzfail

Big Bend
First Name
nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you wanted to go to the trouble you could remove the trim around the A pillar on the Passenger side and follow the harness down thru the dash and out the Gromit in the firewall.
Do you think that I could tape my wire to the factory aux wire that’s up there and use it to pull it through to the glovebox?

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What did you end up doing? Thanks

drvahe