First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The part numbers are on the boxes in the photo. Hope you get your Bronco soon .
Wet interesting . My dad was just asking me about this and I said ya ya it’s there says on the window sticker lol. Sneaky ford. So how long did it take you to do this. How much was the parts and what does it do now.? When someone gets close the alarm goes off? Thanks
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The regular perimeter alarm is one in which if someone breaks the glass out to gain entry to the inside of your vehicle your alarm will go off But your glass is broken by then.
With the perimeter alarm Plus I installed here, if someone tampers with your vehicle like attempt to damage it, hit the glass or steal something off of it or even tow it the perimeter alarm Plus will detect it. Your covered from all angles with the two alarms.
Nice job.
But in my situation im not concerned if they damage it. Thats what ins is for. Im more concerned of people sticking their hands in my vehicle with doors and top off and stealing things. I hate having to make sure every single last thing in my bronco is put in a strong box every time I run in a store for a minute.

So I bought this rediculous 50 dollar motion sensing alarm on amazon with 115 db alarm. Mind numbing loud. It is hidden under my center console barely showing. I arm it with a fob. If you stick your hands in my vehicle it goes off. Its battery operated. You can only shut it off via fob. Of course any body determined to be an asshole will be an asshole but its another layer. A jeep owner told me about it. Works shockingly good and cheap. Im prolly overthinking it btw. Thats what I do.

Last edited:

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The perimeter alarm Plus has an adjustment that can be tuned for almost any situation. You can have it where the mother in law shows up the alarm goes off (thats why I got it) 😂
Don't eat the pie your MIL will be making this holiday season 😂

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice job.
But in my situation im not concerned if they damage it. Thats what ins is for. Im more concerned of people sticking their hands in my vehicle with doors and top off and stealing things. I hate having to make sure every single last thing in my bronco is put in a strong box every time I run in a store for a minute.

So I bought this rediculous 50 dollar motion sensing alarm on amazon with 115 db alarm. Mind numbing loud. It is hidden under my center console barely showing. I arm it with a fob. If you stick your hands in my vehicle it goes off. Its battery operated. You can only shut it off via fob. Of course any body determined to be an asshole will be an asshole but its another layer. A jeep owner told me about it. Works shockingly good and cheap. Im prolly overthinking it btw. Thats what I do.
Post up the link.

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice job.

That’s a good work around. We got a Mustang vert and never had anybody messing with it. It have the factory alarm like the Bronco. If I leave it I’ll put the top up.

2B5E792C-261D-4946-BB5F-A2928516FA92.jpeg

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wet interesting . My dad was just asking me about this and I said ya ya it’s there says on the window sticker lol. Sneaky ford. So how long did it take you to do this. How much was the parts and what does it do now.? When someone gets close the alarm goes off? Thanks
It was almost $300. CDN. It took me two hours to do it. With the pro alarm if someone tries to tow it, hit it, steal something off of it the alarm will go nuts.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s a good work around. We got a Mustang vert and never had anybody messing with it. It have the factory alarm like the Bronco. If I leave it I’ll put the top up.

2B5E792C-261D-4946-BB5F-A2928516FA92.jpeg
Yup, If my doors are ON I put top up. But when I have all 4 doors off it really doesnt matter putting top up. :)
again,anybody hell bent on damaging your vehicle or stealing is going to do it no matter what. Just a cheap layer of more security. Ive never had it sounding after coming out from somewhere but I know it works from testing it from several different directions.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4DR, 2007 Saturn Sky
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the perimeter plus. My neighbor just had her catalytic converter stolen. I turned up the sensitivity just in case.
Then it stormed the next day and thunder from a lightning strike a couple blocks away set it off. :)

Just for reference, you can temporarily bypass the shock sensor by clicking unlock 3 times then lock. It’ll honk twice to indicate shock is bypassed. It will turn back on after cycling the ignition on and off once, so isn’t persistent.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have the perimeter plus. My neighbor just had her catalytic converter stolen. I turned up the sensitivity just in case.
Then it stormed the next day and thunder from a lightning strike a couple blocks away set it off. :)

Just for reference, you can temporarily bypass the shock sensor by clicking unlock 3 times then lock. It’ll honk twice to indicate shock is bypassed. It will turn back on after cycling the ignition on and off once, so isn’t persistent.
my fellow firefighter while his vehicle was parked in firehouse parking lot had his catalytic converter stolen over night. He had an alarm. They cut the battery cable and stole the registration. Cant sell converter without registration. Honda accord. These guys dont care and most will have a firearm with a guy standing watch. Crazy times.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you get an aftermarket alarm system, they should have a backup alarm battery available if you are worried about the battery cables being cut. Viper has something like that, and I'm sure most pro installers would be able to wire something like that in.

DEFCON 1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you get an aftermarket alarm system, they should have a backup alarm battery available if you are worried about the battery cables being cut. Viper has something like that, and I'm sure most pro installers would be able to wire something like that in.
Yes, DEI (Viper, Clifford, etc.) has a 12v backup battery option. (DEI 520T) It's easy to slide under some lifted vehicles to cut the ground from the battery at the frame. On our Jeep, there's no hood lock and the latches are on the hood. Even then, with the doors off, they'd have access to a hood release anyway. A good installer would need to identify and isolate the constant power to the factory alarm module. Another option would be to add an actual DEI alarm module with a T-harness adapter designed specifically for the Bronco. This will also sound the alarm the moment the battery is disabled.

Reading Ford's description, the "Perimeter Plus" module just adds shock and maybe tilt sensors to the factory "modular security system".
Since the doors come off, I was hoping it added a proximity radar as well, so if someone is too close it "warn away" chirps, or goes into full siren if someone reaches in to the cab area. We have this feature on the Jeep and it works amazingly well after an hour of fine tuning.
If the Plus module doesn't have a proximity sensor, we're going to just add the Viper/Bronco adapter w/T-harness and the DEI 508D proximity module, a 520T backup battery for the main system and a DEI 515R mini siren w/built in battery inside the cab.
We've tracked our Bronco to our local rail yard, just waiting for it to make it to the dealership now.
Thanks to the OP for this thread, I assumed all features were included because of the widow sicker too, but after some searching learned it's a modular system and some features are sold separately 🙄.

Edit: The 520T battery needs replaced every couple of years in my experience.
Also, looks like you can get 20% off Ford accessories til the end of the month. (up to $1000)
Sponsored

Last edited: