First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my Bronco has started doing this thing where sometimes the touchscreen or both the touchscreen and instrument cluster flicker. They get super bright and washed out with white for a second or two and then revert to normal. Typically this occurs only once within the first few minutes of driving but not every time the vehicle is driven. I seem to notice this happens during my morning commute when i drive towards the sun and go under and underpass or at sunset as I drive around large buildings.

I have had some other "strange" things happen. I went to use my key fob to unlock my Bronco and the fob wouldn't do anything like the battery was dead. I tried the fob an hour later and it worked fine. I also notice sometimes the clock is off by a few hours on startup but once I start it a second time the clock is correct.
Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Try to capture the touchscreen/cluster issue on camera then present to the dealer.

I had a similar issue in my Cadillac. Dealer could never observe the reported problem. I was able to capture the issue and show them the video. They ended up replacing the the HMI (infotainment control unit).

I'm just trying to say, gather what you can and show the dealer what its doing. You might have found a bug in the software that controls the light output based on the ambient light sensor input. Perhaps Ford can patch it before others experience it.

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is a setting to switch the screens back and forth from day mode to night mode (black background vs white background). Maybe this is what you are catching? Try disabling it and see if that helps

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So my Bronco has started doing this thing where sometimes the touchscreen or both the touchscreen and instrument cluster flicker. They get super bright and washed out with white for a second or two and then revert to normal. Typically this occurs only once within the first few minutes of driving but not every time the vehicle is driven. I seem to notice this happens during my morning commute when i drive towards the sun and go under and underpass or at sunset as I drive around large buildings.

I have had some other "strange" things happen. I went to use my key fob to unlock my Bronco and the fob wouldn't do anything like the battery was dead. I tried the fob an hour later and it worked fine. I also notice sometimes the clock is off by a few hours on startup but once I start it a second time the clock is correct.
Turn off the auto light adjusting and see if it stops

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve heard of cases through other threads of near bye WiFi effecting the key fob.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scabieathrax

Scabieathrax

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Silverado 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This issue is happening well after the sun is up or as the sun is starting to set. I did notice once that it went super dark before switching to dark mode when I was under covered parking and shutting it off. The dealer is replacing some connectors and some other parts.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, mine does this when switching from day/night mode automatically. It's confusing when it goes all white then I see the screen difference and remember what it was.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My Fusion with the big touchscreen does some funky things sometimes when it's trying to decide to go from light mode to dark mode, but once it makes up it's mind it's fine. It just knows it's going to be replaced as the primary vehicle soon. At least till the bronco gets broke in.
Sponsored