Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife drove our 3 day old 4 door, badlands to work this morning. When she got in to drive home the instrument cluster did not come up. So she had no gas gauge, or tachometer, and could not select any GOAT modes. I got in this afternoon to head to work and saw the same issue. I called the dealership on my way in to see if they new anything. They simple said I needed to bring it in to have diagnostics ran on it. Well I ran out to my bronco while talking to the service department and wouldnt yout know it? The display fired up and had all appropriate GOAT modes and dials. It was very strange that for approximately 4 hours today the display was dark. Has this happened to any one else on here?

Image from iOS (1).jpg
Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Shhhhh…. We don’t want Ford to hear that the Analog Speedo was useful for once 😜

Hopefully it’s just an easy module swap at the dealer… the multitude of issues isn’t very inspiring for “Job 1 Quality”

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Guess that's why they have the mechanical speedometer... At least you won't get tickets when all the electronics stop working.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually looks better that way :unsure:

1976BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 BRONCO, 89GRANDWAGONEER, 2014WRANGLER, 07FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YES just happened to me today. Just shut down. Loose wire to battery. When reattached no Instrument Cluster. Blank. No blinkers. No goat modes. WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT DID YOU DO?

Sponsored

1976BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YES just happened to me today. Just shut down. Loose wire to battery. When reattached no Instrument Cluster. Blank. No blinkers. No goat modes. WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT DID YOU DO?
UPDATE on my story......Apparently there is a Service Bulletin on a wiring harness coming loose for the instrument cluster. Took it to the dealer with a blank instrument cluster at 1000 miles. They re-seated the clip for the wiring and it all came back to life. Did a reset on the Ford sync screen as well. All is good for now!

volvoboiclw

First Edition
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Dr Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just received my 4-dr first edition and on arrival the instrument display is dead. The local ford deal is 3 weeks out on appointments. Fun.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

UPDATE on my story......Apparently there is a Service Bulletin on a wiring harness coming loose for the instrument cluster. Took it to the dealer with a blank instrument cluster at 1000 miles. They re-seated the clip for the wiring and it all came back to life. Did a reset on the Ford sync screen as well. All is good for now!
Was it the plug behing the glovebox or a different one? I've heard of double checking the glove box one to help eliminate electrical gremlins.

1976BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was it the plug behing the glovebox or a different one? I've heard of double checking the glove box one to help eliminate electrical gremlins.
not sure. It sat at a Ford dealer for 3 days waiting service then they called it was fine. So little info on the facts. Bottom line Battery cable was loose, wiring harness for instrument cluster was not seated. Just glad I made it home from Texas to Chicago before it happened.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

not sure. It sat at a Ford dealer for 3 days waiting service then they called it was fine. So little info on the facts. Bottom line Battery cable was loose, wiring harness for instrument cluster was not seated. Just glad I made it home from Texas to Chicago before it happened.
It's too much to ask an employee who's paid to assemble vehicles to make sure things are tight and plugs are fully seated?

Or do we have to reward them employee of the month for just doing the job they are paid to do?

Sponsored

1976BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
MIKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's too much to ask an employee who's paid to assemble vehicles to make sure things are tight and plugs are fully seated?

Or do we have to reward them employee of the month for just doing the job they are paid to do?
Hey I'm just happy it came right back to life and died in a reasonably safe place. Got it started by wiggling the battery cables then the cluster went dead. I thought for sure it was fried-out. Driven another 1000 miles now Bronco is perfect!!!!

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Had this happen to me, at least a similar thing I believe, I wanted to check with you since they serviced your Bronco. Has the instrument cluster had any issues since?

My service department is telling me they think I need a new cluster, I suspect they just don't know how to fix this issue.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Instrument Cluster Shut Down 7D23E39D-654C-400F-86C0-6B8CD7204461

Happened to us this morning
If I'm reading this right, your blank instrument cluster was related to your battery?

Not the most mechanically inclined, so would love any insight you have.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 12" sync display flickered and shut off a couple times for about 20 seconds today. Then came back on and was fine the rest of the drive. Hmmm
Sponsored