First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happened to us on Sat morning in Payson, AZ. Stepped out of the hotel room and started it. Had the following:
  • Instrument cluster blank
  • Speedo not working
  • Turn signals not working
  • HVAC set temp on big screen was showing in C, but outside temp was showing in F (this is the most puzzling to me)

Took it to Steve Coury Ford nearby and the tech there started thru the process. He got to the first thing (checking the fuse), and pulling the fuse to check it with the multi-meter was a long enough time to reset it and bring it all back to normal. Shout out to the service dept at Steve Coury Ford for getting us back on the road in an hour. The tech showed me the process:
  1. Pull open dash panel under steering wheel (he said a tool will help, but you can get it open just by carefully and firmly pulling on the top lip of it and opening it from the top)
  2. Locate fuse box behind that panel
  3. Pull fuse #13
  4. Put the fuse back in and test
  5. Put it all back together

Would have been a shame to come back home with a clean Bronco rather than this:

20220319_164931.jpg
This exact fix saved me hours at the dealership, thank you very much for posting. This happened when I unhooked the battery in order to install raptor led lights to a new 2022 Wildtrak with 30 miles on it.
Sponsored

JohnieB

Outer Banks
First Name
Johnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Outer Banks - 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Happened to us on Sat morning in Payson, AZ. Stepped out of the hotel room and started it. Had the following:
  • Instrument cluster blank
  • Speedo not working
  • Turn signals not working
  • HVAC set temp on big screen was showing in C, but outside temp was showing in F (this is the most puzzling to me)

Took it to Steve Coury Ford nearby and the tech there started thru the process. He got to the first thing (checking the fuse), and pulling the fuse to check it with the multi-meter was a long enough time to reset it and bring it all back to normal. Shout out to the service dept at Steve Coury Ford for getting us back on the road in an hour. The tech showed me the process:
  1. Pull open dash panel under steering wheel (he said a tool will help, but you can get it open just by carefully and firmly pulling on the top lip of it and opening it from the top)
  2. Locate fuse box behind that panel
  3. Pull fuse #13
  4. Put the fuse back in and test
  5. Put it all back together

Would have been a shame to come back home with a clean Bronco rather than this:

20220319_164931.jpg
Thank You! Happened today on my 2022 2 Door OBX. Drove fine...just zero dash display. Found fuse 13, pulled it out, reset it back in, the display started up! Now I have a check engine warning because the it says the fuel level sensor has not changed over an extended driving range. (Drove it without the dash for probably 15 miles this afternoon) I'm assuming that will clear soon and wasn't reporting because of the fuse issue on the dash.

** Drove around the block, check engine warning cleared on it's own.

Thanks again! Saved me hours at a dealership. 👍

Last edited:

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This exact fix saved me hours at the dealership, thank you very much for posting. This happened when I unhooked the battery in order to install raptor led lights to a new 2022 Wildtrak with 30 miles on it.
That's the exact scenario (well, apart from installing something else) that caused it to happen on mine. Not sure what brought it back as it returned 5 mins later without touching the fuse.
Sponsored