Sponsored

Integrated winch bumpers recommendations?

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't have the MOD bumper, but yes. That rubber rectangle gasket like thing I removed along with the empty cover for the ACC that I don't have.

As for install instructions, it's kind of straightforward because there's four bolts and you can pretty much tell where they go. The only thing that was really lacking was explaining how you transfer over the sensors. The grommets that you take out of your old bumper do not fit as is in the BAMF (unless they have modified it since) so you have to file/sand/cut off a few of the tabs on the grommets to get them to slide in. I really tried to leave as many of the tabs as possible (at least one minimum) which prevents the grommets from spinning.

Once the grommets are seated, The sensors go back in without issue. If I remember right, the two inner sensors I may have had to horizontally spin 180 just so that the plugs would point in a better direction and not hit.
Thanks man. Agreed, the bumper itself is pretty straight forward, just couldn't find anything definitive on the gasket. I'll have to check out the sensor grommets.
Sponsored

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cursed with the capable bumper and 2.7 (no real hidden winch options), it's time to look into winch mount bumpers. Searched every winch/bumper thread to no avail. Anyone care to share their setup?
Chose Icon bumper and skid plate after an extensive search. Reasons,
- Tight clean install, and very well made.
- Retains great approach angle, with easy access to cable, unlike the under bumper options.
- Retains airflow to the intercooler via screen in lower bumper.
- Considered BAMF but did not want to relocate control pack, and the winch appears to be inaccessible after install with BAMF.
Downside
- Blocks part of the camera…but not enough to be of a concern to me. The camera is still trail useable, not that I ever really use it.
Ford Bronco Integrated winch bumpers recommendations? B1DA1DBB-1C29-4A6D-802D-A384DE4BDBB6
Ford Bronco Integrated winch bumpers recommendations? 535D35C1-5FDB-4688-9A22-50BD6E9A3760
Ford Bronco Integrated winch bumpers recommendations? E95F34A3-F95D-4715-AE4A-FEDB1B9D57C1
Ford Bronco Integrated winch bumpers recommendations? B24813F8-CBE0-4603-97F2-0175425A8EFB

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would recommend a full bumper replacement over a just a winch mount. I have officially broken both my from plastic covers on my capable bumper from snow wheeling. These are $50 a piece online. Capable bumper is not that much of an upgrade over the plastic one I had on my Big Bend.

qJBkKWJyydhp-dbJi-aGazo=w1335-h751-s-no?authuser=0.jpg

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm leaning either JCR Vanguard or CBI because I really want a prerunner tube for no good reason.

Not much out there on the CBI though. And no one shows images of camera view after install.
Sponsored