Sponsored

Integrated winch bumpers recommendations?

OP
OP

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thought there was a bumper thread out there specifically that breaks down all the available ones what they're capable of, and maybe even pictures.

The instructions are non-existent, but if you're looking for a bumper that only slightly interferes with the front camera, and tucks away the winch pretty well, I'd highly recommend BAMF overland.

you can see how tucked away the winch is....

20230105_094948.jpg
You have any more pics you wouldn't mind sharing? I like the BAMF setup. It's the side pic I'm interested in. Someone mentioned the "bulldog underbite" on some of the setups. Trying to minimalize that. Don't want to just bolt on the RC mount. Easiest cheapest yes, looks no.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Havok steel bender looks pretty sweet. Anyone have it?

TexAZ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have any more pics you wouldn't mind sharing? I like the BAMF setup. It's the side pic I'm interested in. Someone mentioned the "bulldog underbite" on some of the setups. Trying to minimalize that. Don't want to just bolt on the RC mount. Easiest cheapest yes, looks no.
I also have the BAMF Overland with hoop…
Ford Bronco Integrated winch bumpers recommendations? 93F6B7DC-4008-44A3-9EEF-7DAB852F3D32
Ford Bronco Integrated winch bumpers recommendations? 3A768D27-0E5B-4D01-A71C-8CFBBF6F83F2

Sponsored
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Let me know if you need more or from a different angle.

Ford Bronco Integrated winch bumpers recommendations? 3A768D27-0E5B-4D01-A71C-8CFBBF6F83F2

Thank you for posting these, it helped me make my final decision. My Fab Fours premium bumper just came in. I'll post the before/after as soon as its done!

WakeSS

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AGM Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same questions here.
I thought there would be tons of bumpers out by now. There are but most of them have significant downfalls, especially on a Lux.
I had ruled out the RC Hidden Winch early due to the cutting and moving the intercooler on the 2.7 but leaning back to it and see what else comes out in the future. I hate to drop 2k on something I'm not happy with.

Another option is the RC high mount. Apparently it fits the capable - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...build-with-3”-lift-and-37s.46621/post-1522028

OP
OP

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same questions here.
I thought there would be tons of bumpers out by now. There are but most of them have significant downfalls, especially on a Lux.
I had ruled out the RC Hidden Winch early due to the cutting and moving the intercooler on the 2.7 but leaning back to it and see what else comes out in the future. I hate to drop 2k on something I'm not happy with.

Another option is the RC high mount. Apparently it fits the capable - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/badsquatch-perseverance-build-with-3”-lift-and-37s.46621/post-1522028
There are some bumpers that look pretty good. How much do I want to spend though?

WakeSS

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AGM Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a bang for my buck kind of guy. Even though I feel some of the prices are insane, if a $2700 bumper had EVERYTHING I was looking for I would pull the trigger. Nothing has tempted me to compromise yet... Today I'm thinking one of these $3-400 winch mounts and wait for the goldilocks bumper or fab my own.

PC Austin

Badlands
First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep liberty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have the BAMF Overland with hoop…
I just ordered this one. I have the badlands, lux. So I hope it all works well. Thinking of getting the harbor freight winch. Also, I'm thinking of getting the jcr camera relocation so I won't need to relocate the solinoid.

Sponsored
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally got around to posting this before/after. Anyone viewing feel free to reach out for more pictures/measurements, pretty happy with how it turned out, next up is wheels and tires. Sorry the pictures aren't exact before/after... 🤦‍♂️
Ford Bronco Integrated winch bumpers recommendations? Old Bumper Front
Ford Bronco Integrated winch bumpers recommendations? Old Bumper Side
Ford Bronco Integrated winch bumpers recommendations? New Bumper Front Driver
Ford Bronco Integrated winch bumpers recommendations? New Bumper Front Side
Ford Bronco Integrated winch bumpers recommendations? New Bumper Side

New Bumper Front Side.jpg

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Finally got around to posting this before/after. Anyone viewing feel free to reach out for more pictures/measurements, pretty happy with how it turned out, next up is wheels and tires. Sorry the pictures aren't exact before/after... 🤦‍♂️

Looks amazing! Enjoy, :)

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has to be installed first, but you're going to want it slid outwards as far as possible and leave it a little loose for final adjustments.

One person mentioned you can get to the winch if you're willing to take the whole front grill and everything apart.
After a two month wait my winch finally arrived and will be installing the bumper over the weekend hopefully. I'm not finding much in the way of BAMF install instructions. Did you have to remove the rubber gasket between the MOD bumper and intercooler to install the new bumper?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After a two month wait my winch finally arrived and will be installing the bumper over the weekend hopefully. I'm not finding much in the way of BAMF install instructions. Did you have to remove the rubber gasket between the MOD bumper and intercooler to install the new bumper?
I didn't have the MOD bumper, but yes. That rubber rectangle gasket like thing I removed along with the empty cover for the ACC that I don't have.

As for install instructions, it's kind of straightforward because there's four bolts and you can pretty much tell where they go. The only thing that was really lacking was explaining how you transfer over the sensors. The grommets that you take out of your old bumper do not fit as is in the BAMF (unless they have modified it since) so you have to file/sand/cut off a few of the tabs on the grommets to get them to slide in. I really tried to leave as many of the tabs as possible (at least one minimum) which prevents the grommets from spinning.

Once the grommets are seated, The sensors go back in without issue. If I remember right, the two inner sensors I may have had to horizontally spin 180 just so that the plugs would point in a better direction and not hit.

Bronc69

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, 2022 X3 (wife's), 2015 GTI (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the JCR Vanguard front bumper in aluminum.
I wanted to try to keep the weight down a bit since I'm not going to be doing really extreme off-roading, plus the weight of the winch up front would have added a ton if I went with steel.
The bumper with the PIAA pod fog lights weighs 47lbs. That's almost half of what other bumpers weigh.
I still have to install the winch, but this will give you an idea of the look. I like the cleaner lines of this bumper than other designs.

IMG_6691 (2).jpg
Sponsored