Sponsored

Interest in fixed top with a moon roof option?

rca309

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Passat wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, definitely! Especially if it provided a little more interior headroom clearance ... and if it had safari windows I might even pre-order!

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to see other options.

One piece front to back removable hard top, and removable side and rear just like the soft top.

A hard top with soft center that pushes back like you see on the jeeps.

Sponsored

FortheWifey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would a fixed top with a moon roof option something others would be interested in?
I don’t take my top off very often since the weather where I live is unpredictable. So, in order to keep it a Bronco, I’d want a high quality and heavy duty (durable & sound deadening) one-piece hardtop with a sunroof it it, keeping the option to take the whole thing off

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Armadillo top is going to have everything I need. Aluminum fix in place, center sections come off, gullwing, and rear comes off. That's all I will need.

Even with my soft top, I really have only had it in the fully down position once. The second position is cool, but I would not trust that position on the highway.

I do believe Anderson CF is making a 1 piece top.

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yes.

My main priority is having a roof with greater quality. No interest in taking the top off so not worth taking any risk of annoyances from leaks, noise, cracks etc.

Have been watching since before the release and thought that I'd be in a Bronco by now - if not for the roof issues (though other delays and concerns have been popping up).

For frame of reference: Have owned two Ford pickups in the past that were my daily driver go to work. go fishing, vehicles that I loved dearly and kept for a total of 30 years. First one did not have air conditioning (19 years) so am not afraid of open air. Also owned a retractable top Miata for 12 years and it was a fun vehicle but taking the top down had no appeal for me - would have purchased it as a hard top.

Have no problem with those that want a cloth top or removable top.
Was just hoping that Ford would provide an option for those of us with other priorities (or a better top for everyone).

rak2

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn’t have to be an either or…

Just give us the option for the one touch sky top Jeep has offered for years and that’d be enough for most.
You're right it is not an either or. Ford already decided. And a one-touch option wouldn't satisfy. We would still get these same threads and polls every few months, which was kinda my point by way of the dead horse getting beat ad nauseum.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're right it is not an either or. Ford already decided. And a one-touch option wouldn't satisfy. We would still get these same threads and polls every few months, which was kinda my point by way of the dead horse getting beat ad nauseum.
I think the Explorer Timberline being so lame really adds the hard top bronco crowd. There’s also no AT4 version of the Expy which would help.

I’m ok with the polls, they make for good entertainment sometimes 🤣

Tacanta14

Black Diamond
First Name
Wasichu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond 4 Door 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw a company (can't remember their name) when I first got my Bronco almost a year ago that was selling a clear panel to replace the front roof panel, but as I remember they were asking $1700, which seemed ridiculous; great concept for winter driving, but way overpriced!

Born2Drive

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would a fixed top with a moon roof option something others would be interested in?
I would like replacement roof panels made of a clear transparent material or a sunlight window on similar OEM like roof panels. I like nature light and I do not want to give up the Bronci removal roof panel design.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If a one piece roof WITHOUT MOONROOF OR SLIDER was an option I would have went for it. Probably will never remove top because I don't like that much dust inside when off road. And no, I am not a neat freak. Took top off of my gen 1 once in 18 years and regretted it most times. It's great that the Bronco has a removeable top but I would rather it have been an option with a solid top standard.
Sponsored