Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I like the noise as it's part of this type of vehicle.
However, there's definitely a market for a fixed top with pano roof.

Ford Bronco Fixed roof Bronco 5fc107ce1d766a85c47945a5860d569d
Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can get this same top on the new Defender as well, except Land Rover also lets you get it on the 2 door Defender 90, and its a $400 option to add it.

Ford Bronco Fixed roof Bronco 5fc107ce1d766a85c47945a5860d569d
we did consider this option, but what we found was that to get there you needed to upgrade to the $63K level of Defender and then get the fabric roof option. My british wife called it the "skip" roof and explained it made the truck look like a skip, or dumpster in freedom talk.
The Defender is very capable, and from my exreience with the LR3 I did love the EAS, what a smooth ride and instant lift kit at the push of a button. But man that beast was heavy.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think you misunderstood my post. I’m more than content with my Bronco. Those wanting a ‘fixed roof’ and the accoutrements that come as long with it, are not the Bronco target audience.
I think I should have pointed my reply more towards the OP and other members who were wanting a fixed roof Bronco. You are correct and I kind of wonder why you'd want a Bronco without a pop top.

Sponsored

Badlandslux

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Rebel, 2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you tried weatherstripping the panels? Cuts down in wind noise a lot !

OP
OP
drzmat

drzmat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, 1966 Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I should have pointed my reply more towards the OP and other members who were wanting a fixed roof Bronco. You are correct and I kind of wonder why you'd want a Bronco without a pop top.
Its funny since i always wondered the opposite, why do people need so badly that pop top on a vehicule that has been designed to be a super capable offroad machine? :D

But hey, its nothing new here and in all honesty i think i understand why, plus without you pop top guys, offroad enthusiasts probably would have never been able to enjoy that new 6th gen Bronco :)

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think there should be a fixed roof option or as a stand-alone trim. It would allow for a proper roof rack and increased weight capacity. I know there are options with aftermarket suppliers to address the short-comings. But anyone relying on the OEM rack/MIC top is misplacing their trust and confidence in the design. Dispersing the weight on plastic covered cardboard seems like a really bad idea and a bad gamble playing rooftop Jenga.

I know the Bronco II is the red-headed step-child in the Bronco family. But I'll be first in line if a Bronco body-on-frame with a fixed top is offered.
In my climate and for my purposes, it will be all or nothing with the top. Even in the winter, it is too sunny to run without a bikini, so I never see me ever just removing the front panels. So a one-piece removable top would be fine, and a non-removable hard top could be okay, too. Although for me, the perfect top would be a fixed hard-top with removable rear windows.

And I thoroughly agree about the roof rack, I wouldn't feel safe putting much more than a few orange buckets and some sleeping bags on my flimsy roof. 🤪

For reference...

The EB had a one-piece removable roof which someone has mentioned in this thread, that is tons sturdier than my 6G roof...

Ford Bronco Fixed roof Bronco 20161114_173131

Ford Bronco Fixed roof Bronco 20230715_090827

Ford keeps showing pictures of the 6G with fancy roof-rack systems with rotopax and road showers mounted to them, but I can't see it being safe to put that much liquid on top.

Has anyone heard if the painted mod top has the same whimsy rack rating?

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I voted YES for a fixed top.

1. Just not a convertible person.
2. Interested in less noise and increased insulation.
3. Interested in less maintenance as in the ability to wax a metal roof along with the rest of the vehicle.
4. Interested in less maintenance from any minor scratch and dent damage to the roof.
5. Interested in avoiding any issues with water leaks etc.

For frame of reference, I owned a couple of Ford pickup trucks as daily drivers for 30 years. Tried a sports car for 12 years (power retractable hard top MX5) and now ready to move back to something more with more utility (and truck like).

Last edited:

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just be prepared for the folks who will post "GO BUY A FORD FLEX OR AN EXPLORER OR A BRONCO SPORT!!!" Because those trolls live in the shadows of B6G.

IMO, I actually wouldn't mind a fixed top Bronco. Add a large sunroof or something like that, would be pretty cool. I think based off where you live is also a factor on if you're for-or-against a fixed roof top.
What about " go buy a jeep" if certain Wranglers are not fixed roof they sure look like it

Sponsored

rak2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 - sold
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Have been watching the Bronco news since before the initial release and thought that I would have one by now. Have the money saved up. But,, the current roof quality is a show stopper for me.

Went back to window shopping the Jeep Wrangler again but also having quality concerns.
Now waiting to see if the next version of the 4Runner is something I can get excited about.

Old man trying to spend his kids inheritance ... ... .. . .

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In my climate and for my purposes, it will be all or nothing with the top. Even in the winter, it is too sunny to run without a bikini, so I never see me ever just removing the front panels. So a one-piece removable top would be fine, and a non-removable hard top could be okay, too. Although for me, the perfect top would be a fixed hard-top with removable rear windows.

Fixed roof with sliders. I'm not sold on playing hot potato with glass windows.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'd have searched this topic before starting this dumpster fire over again. I think the last guy that brought it up is still in therapy. I personally bought amazing off-road capability and the Bronco name plate. I'm really glad Ford didn't put the name on the Australian SUV, but I also think the Everest needs to come to America, because Toyota.

OP
OP
drzmat

drzmat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, 1966 Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd have searched this topic before starting this dumpster fire over again. I think the last guy that brought it up is still in therapy. I personally bought amazing off-road capability and the Bronco name plate. I'm really glad Ford didn't put the name on the Australian SUV, but I also think the Everest needs to come to America, because Toyota.
Im having fun now :)

If you cant take bad jokes and cant respect other people opinions you don't write on forums.
Sponsored