BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I remember camping in the Sierras back in the 70's with the family CJ5. Roof, doors, and front windshield all removed. The powder dust covered everything all the time on every dirt road. Removing anything less than everything just made it worse.
My Bronco would rattle bad on washboard roads but I could pull in air from the vent and keep some of the dust out. No one had AC so heat was fun.
In a few years everything that can and has been removed from the 21 Bronco will rattle and leak. If you want quiet and tight cab, look at the 4Runner design.
IMO, a Bronco with curved frame doors with curved glass and "can" be removed with a moon roof would be a solid, quiet watertight cab. But you can't always get what ya want. Ford will sell more than they can make for a few years then they can redesign it as they have in the past. BTW, the Bronco II was the worst thing ever. Unlike many, I think that time will tell on the 21.
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Come on now....Not even close to being in the same class of vehicle, Unibody vs Body on Frame.....Ford really made thing confusing for everyone calling that a Bronco as that is all ANYONE thinks about when I talk Broncos. If anything, they should have released the Bronco first and then followed up with the Bronco Sport afterwards.

The Bronco with a fixed hardtop would directly compete with Wrangler and the Sky Top Roof, 4Runner and Land Rover, while also pulling people from those brands.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Come on now....Not even close to being in the same class of vehicle, Unibody vs Body on Frame.....Ford really made thing confusing for everyone calling that a Bronco as that is all ANYONE thinks about when I talk Broncos. If anything, they should have released the Bronco first and then followed up with the Bronco Sport afterwards.

The Bronco with a fixed hardtop would directly compete with Wrangler and the Sky Top Roof, 4Runner and Land Rover, while also pulling people from those brands.
How would only a fixed top make a Bronco a legitimate comparison shop with any of the Land Rover lineup? Have you ridden or driven a modern Range? Even the most affordable LRs are much more upscale than the Bronco in terms of road manners, internal design and materials and the pricing is way different.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How would only a fixed top make a Bronco a legitimate comparison shop with any of the Land Rover lineup? Have you ridden or driven a modern Range?
right...Bronco would really have to up their cupholder game as well!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Especially for those not wanting a removable top, the Bronco Sport is arguably the better vehicle for lots of customers, in terms of real functional usage.

• Sad
Reactions: Jrl

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How would only a fixed top make a Bronco a legitimate comparison shop with any of the Land Rover lineup? Have you ridden or driven a modern Range?
I have not driven a Land Rover in about 10 years, so the answer has to be no, but it seems that a lot of people are comparing a Land Rover to Bronco to determine which is better and there also seems to be a lot of people that would prefer a fixed hard top instead of something removable. The insulated fixed hard top also allows for other upgrades that san include sound systems, etc...

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry Bronco Sporty Shorties, you ain't the first. We just called them Bronco Deuces

That ASC Sunroof could leak just as well as the MIC panels but we loved them just the same.

And pay attention to the 2nd pick. THAT'S how you pull off Kodiak Brown and make it look good too

As for a good looking 4Dr Hardtop, it was called an Explorer. And it would be perfect sharing the new chasis with the Ranger and Bronco.

Ford Bronco Fixed top Bronco could happen if Ford goes full Land Rover fighter 1630259010408
Ford Bronco Fixed top Bronco could happen if Ford goes full Land Rover fighter 1630259010408

This was my first car. 1988 Bronco II Eddie Bauer Edition.
Ford Bronco Fixed top Bronco could happen if Ford goes full Land Rover fighter thumbnail_IMG_8274

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Who would have thought the biggest selling point. removable roof, would be shooting them in the foot.

Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have not driven a Land Rover in about 10 years, so the answer has to be no, but it seems that a lot of people are comparing a Land Rover to Bronco to determine which is better and there also seems to be a lot of people that would prefer a fixed hard top instead of something removable. The insulated fixed hard top also allows for other upgrades that san include sound systems, etc...
I think the Land Rover comparisons have everything to do with the new Defender model releasing last year plus there really is only one direct competitor to the Bronco (Wrangler), rather than the Defender and Bronco truly filling the same use cases. The Defender comparisons were always a stretch imo, I'm saying that as a person who has open orders for one of each.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The 5th gen wasn’t truly made for the top to come off. People did anyways 🤷🏻‍♂️

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Loved my Bronco II (the real 2nd Gen Bronco), but I have to say the idea of a removable roof is what makes the Bronco. Perhaps a more substantial full top that is sealed and insulated, but never really practical to remove - unless you really really wanted to do it. Kind of like the other Broncos in history.
Fact is the bronco ll was the only varient that had a solid top... And the worse of the gens

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Especially for those not wanting a removable top, the Bronco Sport is arguably the better vehicle for lots of customers, in terms of real functional usage.
The Sport is small and cramped, further it has similar steering wander as the Escape.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

:) 😂 :)

But it truly the version for the soccer mom, Mall crawling sect... Those will never see a trail unless you driveway ain't paved...:)😂:ROFLMAO:
Sponsored