First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Apologies. I still need therapy after the original thread that covered this (it got stupid, and was way over the top). I'm a nameplate/off-road capability/nostalgia Bronco owner. I might have one use case for the roof, and zero intentions of removing doors. We have two types of weather here. Too hot and too cold, so open air is meh to me. Again, no intentions to offend.
Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Apart from the price, i really like the Defender, its a super capable, more polished truck.

Am i interested in a Defender and would i buy one? Maybe yes but it would have to be a 4 cylinder lower trim.

The fact is that im a Ford guy, and in stock form, my Badlands Sasquatch is probably more capable than a base Defender is, and at a lower price point.

Not knowing the Land Rover products that much, i presume i dont need half of the fancy stuff that the Defender gets vs the Bronco anyway.

My current truck with a fixed roof would be a winner.
I was shopping Defenders when the Bronco came out. Price was a factor and other than the Bronco being a pop top overall other specs between the two are very similar.

I am happy with my Bronco but it would be cool if there was a truck version like Ineos has in the works. Grenadier pricing however starts where Bronco stops, sort of.

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

A fixed roof would most likely require a complete redesign of the sport bars and whatnot, integrating them into the structure of the roof itself. That would provide a bit more room and possibly some additional strength and rigidity to the body as well. Another french benefit would be the ability to mount actual dome lights in sane places. Probably some grab handles or something not made out of stupid paracord too.

OP
OP
drzmat

drzmat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, 1966 Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A fixed roof would most likely require a complete redesign of the sport bars and whatnot, integrating them into the structure of the roof itself. That would provide a bit more room and possibly some additional strength and rigidity to the body as well. Another french benefit would be the ability to mount actual dome lights in sane places. Probably some grab handles or something not made out of stupid paracord too.
Yep, lets be honest the interior would benefit a lot from a standard/fixed roof configuration for those interested in that.

Sponsored

Motoxslow

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HD Pan American, 2003 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

10,000 miles w/ 2-door, hard top and my only wish is for a rear vent to cut down the annoying harmonic when top panels removed and windows up. It would be nice on chilly mornings to get the fresh air flow.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

10,000 miles w/ 2-door, hard top and my only wish is for a rear vent to cut down the annoying harmonic when top panels removed and windows up. It would be nice on chilly mornings to get the fresh air flow.
or maybe a simple deflector over the top of the windshield might do the trick. Most vehicles with sunroofs have a little pop up deflector. My LR3 had one and if you pulled it down you could feel and hear the difference. Because you are right about that.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Have been watching the Bronco news since before the initial release and thought that I would have one by now. Have the money saved up. But,, the current roof quality is a show stopper for me.

Went back to window shopping the Jeep Wrangler again but also having quality concerns.
Now waiting to see if the next version of the 4Runner is something I can get excited about.

Old man trying to spend his kids inheritance ... ... .. . .
The new fixed roof Land Cruiser (below) will reveal in a month or two, the new 4Runner not for six months or so.

Ford Bronco Fixed roof Bronco Toyota_Teaser_2-1-1 - cropped

Last edited:

BigMac

Base
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150 and a lot of bikes
Your Bronco Model
Base
one of the reasons I went Bronco is for the removable roof/doors. Zero interest on my part for a fixed roof.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is like going on the corvette forum and asking if there is any interest on adding 4wd.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The fact is that most Wrangler and Bronco owners buy those things for the "open top" experience.

I wont blame them if they never make a fixed roof version .
Tried it twice. Open top on the Bronco is pretty sucky with the giant roll cage. Nothing at all like a Mustang. Doubt I'll ever bother top down again.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanna fixed roof, Ill get a classic defender 90 or 4runner

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don’t understand some of the hate for people wanting a fixed roof. Some people just want a vehicle that is a bad ass off-roader and don’t care about a removable top. Some people want a convertible but don’t want to settle for something that sits low to the ground like a couple. Some people want both. I think it’s cool that the bronco has a removable top however I just wanted a bad ass two door off-roader to go overlanding with. I don’t need a removable top but I went with the bronco because of the reasons mentioned and because it just looks better than anything else to me. Not saying they should make fixed food either by the way.
Sponsored