Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don’t understand some of the hate for people wanting a fixed roof. Some people just want a vehicle that is a bad ass off-roader and don’t care about a removable top. Some people want a convertible but don’t want to settle for something that sits low to the ground like a couple. Some people want both. I think it’s cool that the bronco has a removable top however I just wanted a bad ass two door off-roader to go overlanding with. I don’t need a removable top but I went with the bronco because of the reasons mentioned and because it just looks better than anything else to me. Not saying they should make fixed food either by the way.
Some people buy the Bronco for no other reason than because the top comes off, some will never take them offroad, and some wouldn't even care if it has 4WD. Some people buy 2.3L Broncos just because it has a manual transmission. Some people buy Broncos for the manual transmission alone, it could literally be a car and they wouldn't care. These people are interested in Broncos for specific reasons that have nothing to do with offroading. Taking the top off is entirely separate from offroading, the two do not imply one another at all. Before the 6G, only one Bronco had a true removable top, and that was the first gen...so having a removable top is not a necessity for it to be considered a Bronco in that regard either.
Sponsored

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Traditionally, the Bronco style of vehicle was a 2 door with a removable top, back to the days of the CJ, Blazer, Scout, OG Bronco and Land Rover Series. You could pop the half shell on the original 4Runner. Then working my poor little brain trying to recall if anything was built with a HT or a pop top version all I could come up with was the Samurai, at least in the US market.
And I wouldn't call it "hate" on the idea of a HT Bronco, more like confusion. If you want a SUV with a removable top you have Bronco and Wrangler. If you want a SUV with a hard top you have "everything else". If there really was a market for a 2 door HT SUV Toyota would still be selling the FJ Cruiser.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the only reason this is even discussed is that Ford is incompetent at best in making a competent hard top work.

Sponsored

JeffL

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye / 2023 Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
upgrade the radio it will drown out the wind and tire noise. Or a defender 90 with the v8 would be about ideal except of course it's a range rover.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco Fixed roof Bronco 1689772672160

Can't buy it in the USA though...

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of the 3rd party vendors was making a solid hardtop, with no provisions to remove sections. It was either Anderson or ADV. That may be what some are looking for.

As for Ford, I would doubt that they make a hard top non-removable for the Bronco. It would defeat the sale design model of the Bronco.

fallguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Defender, 2022 Outerbanks SAS, 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
upgrade the radio it will drown out the wind and tire noise. Or a defender 90 with the v8 would be about ideal except of course it's a range rover.
Actually... its a Land Rover :eek:
Sponsored