Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wildtrak

First off, in the factory Ford build sheet (on the Wildtrak interior), it is referred to as the Cartier interior.

Look at the build photo?
Notice the factory photo reflecting what you are agreeing to purchase.
Beautiful right? dark brown with dark charcoal and nice "Cartier" centers.

Nice mocha brown... not a huge contrast between the complimentary colors.
Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 1.28.49 PM.png

Now look at the actual materials from their Ford video. (and yes, Ford Nation is the factory speaking not some club)
Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 1.30.07 PM.png

Still in the ball park of what they represented.... Right?

NOW LOOK AT WHAT THEY ARE REALLY SELLING YOU... This is NOT EVEN close to the same mocha color and there is a huge contrast. What is laughable, is that the Cartier (seat center) is now "computerized camouflage". Truly an insult to anyone's intelligence.
Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 1.30.46 PM.png

NO way in hell does the above interior even come close to resembling the interior the below.
Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 1.28.49 PM.png

I'm not an expert but any reasonable person can see they misrepresented their finished product.

I am truly disappointed. I will not be ordering anything based on Ford's inability to be honest and forthright. This unprofessional video is clealry not Ford's finest hour.
That combination of tan and black is truly horrendous.....for a vehicle that could cost us 55k+ we should have more classic options. Go look at old broncos being restored, find one that has two tone seats. These designers really screwed up the customer experience because the exterior of this Bronco exceeded my expectations. Did any of these designers look at the classic bronco scene before they picked these horrible combinations? I have zero faith in the CGI. I will demand to see and touch these materials at the dealership before I give Ford any money for this vehicle. That baseball glove tan in that prototype yellow bronco was stunning and they used the same leather on the steering wheel and the shift knob. What happened to that? I’m really pissed off. I think maybe I can build an outerbank model with wildtrak specs to get to a combination that doesn’t make me sick to my stomach but it’s still CGI
Sponsored

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Come on Ford, bring back the designers out of retirement that gave the original Bronco silver vinyl seats ?

Texas99

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm in the clothing business and I'm surrounded by fabrics of all colors and textures everyday. This is the most obvious case of designers over designing a simple product. There's no need to get fancy on a vehicle that historically is basic. Just give us brown, black, gray and tan. Use the exterior color for accent stitching and Done.
AGREED

Texas99

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Brown and black usually look terrible together. Navy blue and black usually look terrible together. Light tan and black always look terrible together.

Digital camo? Is that a fucking joke?

Loud accent colors that can’t be changed? WTF

It looks like on one of the trims if you want leather the only option is navy pier and black, but the dash will remain black and coffee brown. Jesus.

bold prediction, 2022s get complete interior makeovers.
I will be waiting until 2022 if they dont change this BS

Sponsored

Texas99

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How do you screw this up, I can't believe how bad these combos are.

Get rid of all those different color combos for each platform and make it easy. As a base throughout the entire lineup, just start with an all black interior, black cloth seats with white stitching, it's super simple and goes with any paint job. Throw in some pops of color with the grab handles, dash panel and vent trim that match the exterior paint and you're done.

Offer leather in any trim level like the Jeep in black or tan/brown. Same goes for the MGV, black is nice but it's going to be hot as balls, they have to offer a white or at least a light gray.

Why the hell would you have orange or blue stitching in the seats, blue panels, camo panels, orange or blue grab handles, bronze dash etc? Just hideous clashing colors and if you have the two door with the paint showing inside, look out LMAO. This may force some to compromise on their paint color choice just so the clash isn't so awful. That's a non starter for me if I'm spending so much cash on a vehicle.

Most of this mess is from the exterior paint vs interior color choices. Some of them look decent if you're sticking with the earthy colors or grays but when you get into the bright fun colors it's a total disaster. Contrast is good (black interior with pops of color), a mishmash of colors is baaaaaad.

How the hell is the top not black, a white top is a must as well.

Those shots in the video with the cactus gray 4 door and white/gray interior, white top and grill is perfect, it's what hooked me as well as some of the other interiors like in the 2 door Cyber Orange. They looked absolutely amazing, where the hell did they go?

You could get a myriad of great looks with just a few options that would satisfy the majority of people. Black, any of the reds, blues and grays with black interior and white MGV seats. White, black, reds or cyber orange with brown/tan leather or just any color (including future paint colors) with just black cloth or leather. You don't need an art or design degree, this is simple stuff, I can't believe they botched it so bad.
As many have said, ALL BLACK, Brown/Tan and Light Grey should be available on all trims... this two tone color mashing nonsense is absurd. You are better than this.

RACERED-WT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FORD are you listing to this thread?!?! The interior of the WildTrack is horrendous. I was not happy about the painted mod top being late availability but was willing to wait for it. But now I'm actually seriously considering just backing out all together. The Badlands is awesome and awesome for those that originally want it. I want the WT. And for 55k+ I was hooping to custom build it to my liking. You dropped everything that actually mattered. You replaced it with various gray colored mismatched trim and MIC top.

Yes I'm ranting and upset. But seriously, its worth complaining about when you have been shown so much awesome stuff and none of it is even available. Tbh, I don't think I'll ever buy a Ford unless the future Broncos actually have whats been advertised and quality is delivered. If not, yea I'm sticking to my euro cars. I hope your listening Ford. ?

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I keep going back to the video like “maybe the OBX and Wildtrack interiors aren’t that bad, let me look again” and holy shit, they are bad. I actually like the obx roast/black seats in either cloth or leather but then they ruin them with a metallic roast dash. Who in the hell wants a metallic dash??? If it was just a dark roast vinyl, it’d look great and it’d be a cheaper version of the prototype interior we all wanted.

I feel like years down the road people will look at these like I look at some cars from the 60s/70s. Sometimes you’ll find a bitching muscle car that is or was green and it has a matching green interior and it just makes you ask “what the hell were they thinking? Why didn’t they just make the interior black?”

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just one example, an anecdote.

But I cancelled my MY21 reservation and fired up a new one for MY22, hoping they'll have decent interior options by then.

Was getting frustrated with my OBX build, with options for a blue or bronze dash. Ummm ... no. Neither is acceptable.

So I started looking at other trims. But the lower ones don't allow high or lux packages. Badlands is vinyl seating only. Wildtrack has even worse cloth options than OBX and is beyond what I'd like to spend.

Staring at huge compromises either way, threw in the towel and will wait.
Wrong. Badlands is not vinyl seating only. You can option leather seating in the badlands.

Reactions: DHC

Sponsored

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just wish someone would start a power seats thread.

CumminsWayne

Wildtrak
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 Ram CTD
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It’s crazy how bad Ford dropped the ball on the interiors. Hopefully they actually are “listening”. I know a lot of people will keep their reservation, but there is also going to be a lot of people cancel if they don’t make changes. If they didn’t roll out the awesome looking interiors on the Pre production Broncos, maybe less people would be upset. Just sucks that’s we know what the interiors “could” look like and yet this is what they roll out.

Honestly, if Ford took a poll asking if the customers would wait an extra 6months to a year for a interior like shown in pre prod models, I truly believe the majority would say yes. I know I would wait. Why rush something like this and throw out a poor product. If I was Ford I’d face the backlash of delaying the product, and make this thing right.

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am completely fine with the interiors on the base, BB (except sandstone), BD, and BL. I actually like the Navy Pier and Roast cloth interiors in the OBX. I actually built an OBX with the Navy Pier interior and thought it went well with white, iconic silver, carbonized grey, cactus grey, area 51, antimatter, and lightning blue. Roast goes well with the rest of the colors. I'm not in love with the digital camo in the WT but I also don't hate it. I mainly just think they shouldn't have paired a dark version with sandstone. They could have made a desert camo with the sandstone trim and the current pattern with the roast trim. In the end I'm going with a badlands for the MGV.

However, I think all of the leather options look really bad and cheap. I love sandstone/tan interior normally but really dislike it in the bronco because they mixed it with black on the seat. They should have made the entire seat sandstone/tan. I also wish they had a lighter MGV option (preferably that white/grey from the concept or a caramel or saddle tan). I also think the decision to have paint come through the door skin on the 2 door was a mistake without single color interiors. It really limits your exterior color options on some trims.

My biggest problem with all of this is just the quality of the video that was released. They did such a poor job of actually showing the materials and real pictures of the interior that show you the entire thing and not just a close up of a seat back or dash. They need to show use real pictures of the entire interior.

CanadianHorseMan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R || 2019 Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s crazy how bad Ford dropped the ball on the interiors. Hopefully they actually are “listening”. I know a lot of people will keep their reservation, but there is also going to be a lot of people cancel if they don’t make changes. If they didn’t roll out the awesome looking interiors on the Pre production Broncos, maybe less people would be upset. Just sucks that’s we know what the interiors “could” look like and yet this is what they roll out.

Honestly, if Ford took a poll asking if the customers would wait an extra 6months to a year for a interior like shown in pre prod models, I truly believe the majority would say yes. I know I would wait. Why rush something like this and throw out a poor product. If I was Ford I’d face the backlash of delaying the product, and make this thing right.
Exactly what I was just about to say until I read your post. I would rather place my god damn order the way I want my Bronco with my reservation and wait x number of months for what I want then to have to just buy what Ford has decided I want. Unbelievable.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wrong. Badlands is not vinyl seating only. You can option leather seating in the badlands.
Thought it was only Leather Trimmed... and you then get carpet and loose a huge part of Ass in "Bad-ass"

I did a long winded post elsewhere but Badlands IS the most off road capable, but not the Top. Once you get over all the Off road stuff, you find that you have a basic vehicle with very little creature comforts. YES.. you can start adding those on with packages.. but better be ready to pay for it.

BadLand = Most Off Road Capable = YES
BadLands = Most potential to have it all = YE$
BadLands = Higher Trim = No way.
Sponsored