Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m Not spending a little over $50,000 on a WildTrak with Camo seats. Did a 9 year old design this?
Completely agree. I’ve been set on a Wildtrak from the beginning and I seriously can’t believe these are the two interiors they chose for a $50k+ vehicle.

Last edited:

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the most part, the color combinations for the interior aren't bad - though some of the Outer Banks...

I think the real problem here is that Ford decided to have different color combos by trim. You have all these different options, in some cases 3 or 4 options on a single trim if you change material, but you have completely different options on other trims. And you often have fewer options on higher end trims. I haven't added them all up, but it seems like we've got probably close to 10 different interior color combinations.

Problem is, no customer can actually choose between all of those. If they don't have a major preference on interior material, they get 3 or 4 options to choose from. If they care about material, they may not have a choice at all.

Because very few customers are going to let the interior colors dictate their trim on a vehicle like this. So the other features on the trim level are dictating your interior color.

It seems Ford would have been far better served by coming up with 2 cloth interior options, 2 vinyl options, and 2 leather options and made those 6 options available across trims. It's far easier for Ford from a supply and build standpoint (and even easier if you still limit vinyl to only a couple of trims) and you're actually giving the customer more options to choose from.

Seems crazy to me they have this many different color combinations in a first year vehicle when they're still trying to figure out supply issues. Who thought that was going to be a good idea?

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really can’t stand having colors only suited for types of models. That makes no sense. It can clash with what color choice you make on your exterior and maybe you just don’t want what they force you to have. I thought we were about options and customizing.

Having some cooler options and nicer materials on higher models sure but give us a couple options and not just what model you order. So dumb. ?

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For the most part, the color combinations for the interior aren't bad - though some of the Outer Banks...

I think the real problem here is that Ford decided to have different color combos by trim. You have all these different options, in some cases 3 or 4 options on a single trim if you change material, but you have completely different options on other trims. And you often have fewer options on higher end trims. I haven't added them all up, but it seems like we've got probably close to 10 different interior color combinations.

Problem is, no customer can actually choose between all of those. If they don't have a major preference on interior material, they get 3 or 4 options to choose from. If they care about material, they may not have a choice at all.

Because very few customers are going to let the interior colors dictate their trim on a vehicle like this. So the other features on the trim level are dictating your interior color.

It seems Ford would have been far better served by coming up with 2 cloth interior options, 2 vinyl options, and 2 leather options and made those 6 options available across trims. It's far easier for Ford from a supply and build standpoint (and even easier if you still limit vinyl to only a couple of trims) and you're actually giving the customer more options to choose from.

Seems crazy to me they have this many different color combinations in a first year vehicle when they're still trying to figure out supply issues. Who thought that was going to be a good idea?
Exactly!!! You said it better then I did. This makes so much more sense.

Sponsored

ChargedUp!

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fox body mustangs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ugh. So my plan was to get the Wildtrak but digital camo?? WTF? Really? Ugly tan and black leather with some blue stitching? I priced mine out at $55k and change with cloth interior. I was thinking I could have the seats changed on the aftermarket at an interior shop but then the dash is tan and door arm rests are tan. Come on Ford! I honestly don't know if I can do it now? Mid $50's, no X plan, no black painted top and now no real interior options? I want to like this think so bad but staring at that interior all day when driving would make me nauseous. I really need to see one in person before dropping this kind of coin. Maybe it would have helped if the darn video actually showed images in focus... Definitely disappointed.

AngryIrishman

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
She said, "Like, um, it's bad ass"....….............NOPE!!! No, it just isn't.

This is a video from Ford Motor Company, right? Am I taking crazy pills?

I can't believe what I just watched. I'm being nice by saying I couldn't have imagined uglier interiors being offered. Did Ford hire a pimp to select the color combinations? Also, the video was horribly put together. Watching it quite frankly just convinced me that I'm out of the Bronco game.

If a company can't professionally produce a simple video highlighting the interior of a vehicle (ass ugly) all while consistently flip flopping on all the information while "marketing" said vehicle I have to question if they can build a quality product and then deliver this thing as they are advertising. I'm guessing they will likely be late (later than being predicted) delivering trucks as well. All of this bad history, the X plan foul yesterday and now this "interior"? Nope, no more consessions; not for a $60K truck that I don't even need.

To each there own. If you're still in love with this truck, this interior and willing to put up with the potential delays, ever changing policies and quite frankly unprofessional marketing, I truly hope you enjoy! ....its just not for me anymore.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is too easy to screw up.
Black
Gray
Tan

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That was like watching an insurance seminar, where do I sign up to get my credits for that class. Base not so bad but oh boy them upper trims is busy. I saw colors put together that would never happen in nature unless something was wrong lol. All kidding aside I’ve seen worse just can’t remember when?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you're telling me I can't get all black leather seats in my WT? Please tell me they are trolling us all w/ that digi camo.
You can get perforated black leather seats on a Jeep. I just checked.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That was like watching an insurance seminar, where do I sign up to get my credits for that class. Base not so bad but oh boy them upper trims is busy. I saw colors put together that would never happen in nature unless something was wrong lol. All kidding aside I’ve seen worse just can’t remember when?
I posted the video earlier - I did it one piece at a time, and it didn't cost me a dime...

KTP 30

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wildtrak 23 Bas Squatch 93 Mustang 87 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only one color option for the Wildtrack. Sandstone. I don't want sandstone hate it! Could at least have black or grey option

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So badlands dash is wrapped in vinyl and Wildtrak is plastic, is that correct? Would have loved to see what the Wildtrak dash looked like instead of the fucking floorboard. Everyone that was a part of this video should be embarrassed.

tenmidgets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is pathetic!

Where is the white marine vinyl w/ red lettering? Are they holding it back for a later date or is that just a tease with no hope of production availability?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The production quality on this video is honestly super bad for a major automaker. The camera work is horrible. It looks like someone shot it with their phone. Half the time they aren't even showing you the whole interior so it's super hard to get a good idea of how it looks. They didn't do any really good close ups of the cloth vs MGV vs leather to show texture differences. So many freaking jump cuts where the speakers messed up or forgot their lines. Low quality mics and and outdoor environment so you get a bunch of noise contamination from wind. This was so rushed and it shows.
I think they did it this was as more of a laid back, every-day person vibe. I mean, it could have been stuffy old guys in suits doing a boring PowerPoint from a boardroom while discussing the molecular density of the MGV vs. cloth.
They were in everyday comfy, outdoorsy clothes, in the outdoors.
It's probably a psychological thing to relate to the customer base and relate the product to a laid back, earthy environment.
Just a thought.
Not meaning to just quote your post here and seem like I'm arguing (not my intent at all, but something I see in their intent vs. perception)...there are several talking about it.
Sponsored