Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is my first convertible vehicle. I was wondering if the interior on this or on convertibles in general are more durable than a nonconvertible vehicle.
For example are the seats and dashboard/plastic made or treated with any protection from water/dust/dirt/UV rays?

I just seems like the manufacturers would take into consideration that the interior needs to be made to withstand more abuse than normal.
Sponsored

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the first convertible produced since the Model T.. Let's just all hop for the best. is it true you have to apply sunscreen to your seats?

OP
OP

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol you guys are funny. This was a serious question though

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not a chance parts are made by the lowest bidder. The plastics some say scratch if you look at them wrong. Buy a quality uv protectant and hope for the best.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Other than the hose-out design with drain plugs on some of the Broncos, the plastic interior and leather seats on mine didn't have any type of protection on them. There are plenty of interior cleaners/protectants that are available with UV protectors.

I have two boats that sit outdoors on a covered lift for 5+ months each year where they are exposed to dust/pollen/insects. It would be the equivalent of leaving your Bronco outside without the top under a pop up canopy all summer. I love the Boat Juice Ceramic or Meguiars Extreme Marine cleaners/protectants.

Ford Bronco Interior durability of Bronco Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 9.09.47 AM

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Other than the hose-out design with drain plugs on some of the Broncos, the plastic interior and leather seats on mine didn't have any type of protection on them. There are plenty of interior cleaners/protectants that are available with UV protectors.

I have two boats that sit outdoors on a covered lift for 5+ months each year where they are exposed to dust/pollen/insects. It would be the equivalent of leaving your Bronco outside without the top under a pop up canopy all summer. I love the Boat Juice Ceramic or Meguiars Extreme Marine cleaners/protectants.

Ford Bronco Interior durability of Bronco Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 9.09.47 AM
UV stabilizers would be in and not on the material from factory

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
UV stabilizers would be in and not on the material from factory
No Doubt all automotive plastics have UV stabilizers, I was just sharing what works for me to protect my boats that see much harsher, more exposed weather conditions each year than most peoples Broncos ever will. I’ll be using the same products on my Broncos.:)

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No Doubt all automotive plastics have UV stabilizers, I was just sharing what works for me to protect my boats that see much harsher, more exposed weather conditions each year than most peoples Broncos ever will. I’ll be using the same products on my Broncos.:)
I agree that will help long term. Owning a new to the market vehicle is a love hate relationship! Let’s just hope we don’t get Dodge Ram dash 😂
Sponsored