First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 Door Badlands, Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these short/partial intakes quieter than the full length ones that eliminate the resonator box?

Does this intake require you to remove the whole box to change/clean the filter like some of the bronco intakes?

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these short/partial intakes quieter than the full length ones that eliminate the resonator box?

Does this intake require you to remove the whole box to change/clean the filter like some of the bronco intakes?
Haven’t cleaned it yet, but pretty sure you unscrew the lid and pull it out

Leafy

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 Door Badlands, Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright that’s good. Really would love to go with this intake to get the Donaldson power core filter, just want to make sure I’m not sacrificing on getting the most turbo noise and having an annoying filter cleaning.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick question, when I go to clean my dry filter, just wash with water and dry, or do I need soap (and if soap, which kind?)

Sponsored

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Quick question, when I go to clean my dry filter, just wash with water and dry, or do I need soap (and if soap, which kind?)
Wet or oiled I've used a cleaner. K&N type cleaner for oiled and just plain dish soap for dry filters. I use an old paint brush to lather it up some. Anything with stiffer bristles had a tendency to fluff up the filter material. Kinda like link. So any scrubbing I do is always on the input side of the filter which is always the nasty side anyway. This might not even be an issue with these filters. I have no experience with that manufacturer

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wet or oiled I've used a cleaner. K&N type cleaner for oiled and just plain dish soap for dry filters. I use an old paint brush to lather it up some. Anything with stiffer bristles had a tendency to fluff up the filter material. Kinda like link. So any scrubbing I do is always on the input side of the filter which is always the nasty side anyway. This might not even be an issue with these filters. I have no experience with that manufacturer
And if I got a filter sock on it?

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And if I got a filter sock on it?
Not really a difference
A pre filter, in my understanding, is intended for larger particles than the main filter. I have never seen pre filters oiled. Even K&Ns pre filters weren't oiled. I honestly haven't looked at the pre filters in a long time so I could be wrong about the oiling. When I worked construction many years ago I ran them on my truck. Even when I used plain old paper filters. They did their job. Pull it off, whack it against a tire to get the big chunks off and put it back on. Yes, I did actually wash it occasionally (y)
I don't see oiled foam filters mentioned here much. I ran a Uni foam filter for more than a decade on my MINI and never had an issue. Dirt bike guys loved them.

CarmeloS

Badlands
First Name
Carmelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Introducing Volant Performance Intakes, Available at Panda Motorworks! 🐼 IMG_7914

Could I still use this or would I be asking for trouble
Sponsored