First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am interested. Will it work with a Manual Transmission?

Sponsored

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have only had our 2.3 on the Dyno so far. We do have another coming in next week.

We have had 2 2.7 and they are very consistent in the graphs for power.
As we get more time on the dyno with more broncos we will be providing updates and more graphs.

Thank you
Any updated dyno graphs yet? Itā€™s been 3 months since you posted this.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mine is for sale. Because there has been zero communication regarding this - I have turned it off to see if I noticed much of a difference. The main difference is I gained 3MPG back...

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mine is for sale. Because there has been zero communication regarding this - I have turned it off to see if I noticed much of a difference. The main difference is I gained 3MPG back...
Hey! My name is Caleb, I am the new social media community ambassador at Panda and will be doing most of the communication on the forum from now on. As Mitch and Chris have stated before, this is a priority for us. Thank you for bearing with us as we have been very busy with day-to-day operations. These Modules have been flying off the shelf and we are so excited to see so many people including yourself enjoying it! We thank everyone for the support and I will do what I can to get those graphs out this week. Thank you!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey! My name is Caleb, I am the new social media community ambassador at Panda and will be doing most of the communication on the forum from now on. As Mitch and Chris have stated before, this is a priority for us. Thank you for bearing with us as we have been very busy with day-to-day operations. These Modules have been flying off the shelf and we are so excited to see so many people including yourself enjoying it! We thank everyone for the support and I will do what I can to get those graphs out this week. Thank you!
Yā€™all just spatter the same jargon over and over. Iā€™m sure theyā€™re selling like hot cakes. I was very interested in this type of solution myself. But, without actual data from your team - Iā€™m a bit skeptical on what itā€™s doing to my engine and drivetrain. Iā€™d love to believe everything that Panda claims about their experience with Ecoboost engines - but, there hasnā€™t been any factual data to back that up.

Also, since Iā€™ve turned it off - Iā€™ve gained back 3-4 MPG without changing my driving habits. I turned it off April 13.

Ford Bronco The Panda Power Module is HERE! The First 2.3L Tuning Solution by Panda Motorworks! 5983E6E9-F816-42EC-B1D6-A61D81372ABB

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yā€™all just spatter the same jargon over and over. Iā€™m sure theyā€™re selling like hot cakes. I was very interested in this type of solution myself. But, without actual data from your team - Iā€™m a bit skeptical on what itā€™s doing to my engine and drivetrain. Iā€™d love to believe everything that Panda claims about their experience with Ecoboost engines - but, there hasnā€™t been any factual data to back that up.

Also, since Iā€™ve turned it off - Iā€™ve gained back 3-4 MPG without changing my driving habits. I turned it off April 13.

5983E6E9-F816-42EC-B1D6-A61D81372ABB.jpeg

There is plenty of factual data to our experience with these motors the only solution that has the data and years of tuning these engines so far in the platform.

We have explained how this unit works from the get go and provided answers to your questions minus the graphs and under curve power #'s which @Caleb@PandaMotorworks will get out this week. Noce having someone that can assist with this. We are a small shop doing big things for you all and mitch and I are simply to overwhelmed and have been looking for someone to assist us in this realm which we now have šŸ˜ƒ

Your habbit may have not changed but the power did at those habits. To make power you need fuel.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is plenty of factual data to our experience with these motors the only solution that has the data and years of tuning these engines so far in the platform.

We have explained how this unit works from the get go and provided answers to your questions minus the graphs and under curve power #'s which @Caleb@PandaMotorworks will get out this week. Noce having someone that can assist with this. We are a small shop doing big things for you all and mitch and I are simply to overwhelmed and have been looking for someone to assist us in this realm which we now have šŸ˜ƒ

Your habbit may have not changed but the power did at those habits. To make power you need fuel.
Right, I understand that one doesnā€™t buy a tuner to save on gas. But, weā€™ve requested graphs and data months ago and nothing was provided.

So all of those units that fly off the shelf are finally affording you some staff to spend time to get that together. Great. Iā€™m looking forward to it.

Iā€™ve never had an adjustable tuner. It was always stages and each one had definitive information onto what it was doing.

The attitude of ā€œtrust us, we know what weā€™re doingā€ isnā€™t enough.

If I had a better understanding of each setting - Iā€™d be able to adapt the usage to my needs. Is it just a linear increase of power from 1-9? Letā€™s start there.

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Right, I understand that one doesnā€™t buy a tuner to save on gas. But, weā€™ve requested graphs and data months ago and nothing was provided.
^This right here. I can understand why they rushed to get their Bronco powerpack to market. But why would they release a performance product, without having any accurate data to show? Let alone months later, even after being asked by multiple customers, they STILL canā€™t provide any data.

They claim they donā€™t have the resources to provide accurate dyno charts, several months after the release. This is completely ridiculous for a tuning company. And makes me think they never had any good data to begin with.

Honesty is the best policy. At this point, they should just tell us they have no clue, and have no intentions of answering our concerns/questions. But instead, they continue with the non-answers and PR jargon, and treat the customers like weā€™re stupid.

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Forgive me if this was asked before, but does it matter what the plugs are gapped to?

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey everyone, my name is Caleb and I am the newest member of the Panda Motorworks Team here on Bronco6G. I am excited to be here and assist with anything that you may need help with. I have been around cars for years, but am fairly new to the Off Road side of things so I am excited to learn more about this platform! I have plenty of awesome resources around me so I will be able to provide you with some expert knowledge on any question you may have! This is also my first technical write-up so Iā€™d love to hear your thoughts! So letā€™s hop right in!

A little over 6 months ago we released the Panda Power Module, a plug-n-play device that was the first of its kind being available for both the 2.3 and 2.7 liter Broncos! We have discussed this product in great detail within this thread, so if this is all new to you, or you need a refresher, check out our product outline on page 1 of this thread. This device comes preloaded with 7 maps, and it has been highly requested that we discuss the differences that each map has. Luckily I was able to sit down with our product development team to get some answers so I could present it to everyone in the thread who is curious!

To understand the differences of each map, we must first understand how this device works and how it is different from an ECU tune. An ECU tune completely overrides the OEM settings in favor of the custom tune, where the Panda Power Module does not. The Panda Power Module modifies the standard sensor values and sends them to the sensors without the need to touch the factory ECU settings. This allows the vehicle to retain all of its OEM failsafes and makes the device 100% reversible, keeping your factory warranty in tact. The sensor values that are modified can be split up into two different categories: Active & Passive. Active changes are the changes that we make, while passive changes are changes that the vehicle makes to accommodate the active changes. For example, we can make an active change to increase boost pressure and the vehicle will passively adjust parameters such as timing and fuel trims to accommodate the increased boost pressure. These passive changes are all made in accordance to the OEM failsafes, so your Bronco will go into protection mode before any damage is done if a problem were to arise.

Prior to the release of this product, we spent MANY hours testing on both the Dyno and the streets. Using an OEM datalogging tool, we were able to observe the changes we were making in real time to confirm that the changes we made were safe and did not trigger any OEM Failsafes. The Power Module device carefully controls the modified values to ensure that ALL changes made are kept within safe parameters. We repeated this process on each of the 7 maps to make sure that each map presented an increase in performance over the last AND did it safely. Because of the observations we made, we HIGHLY recommend installing the Included NGK spark plugs and running 93 or 91 octane fuel in maps 5, 6, and 7 to keep your Bronco happy!

Ford Bronco The Panda Power Module is HERE! The First 2.3L Tuning Solution by Panda Motorworks! fixed graph

With the newly acquired knowledge of how this works, letā€™s take a look at a few different dyno graphs to observe the differences between maps. You may see that the changes between consecutive maps are marginal, but that is why they are referred to as ā€œFine Tuning Mapsā€. We are seeing anywhere from 2-3% gains in HP and TQ between the maps. Iā€™ve attached these dyno sheets below to help demonstrate the differences between maps 3 and 5 to show how the power band is affected. This allows you to select the appropriate map for your liking and driving style. The biggest gains you will see are not peak HP or TQ, but rather everything else under the curve. As demonstrated on the sheet above, there was a gain of 20% in HP and TQ at the 3k rpm level.

Ford Bronco The Panda Power Module is HERE! The First 2.3L Tuning Solution by Panda Motorworks! bronco 2.3 map 3

Ford Bronco The Panda Power Module is HERE! The First 2.3L Tuning Solution by Panda Motorworks! bronco 2.3 map 5

We value the power under the curve much more than peak power, and I will tell you why. The gains made earlier in the power band see the largest increase, and that is great because that is the power that you will be using most often. You will likely be using this section of the power band much more, especially when you account for the Bronco working harder to move larger tires under acceleration. For more on our tuning philosophy, check out our Blog by clicking here! Since we cannot get a true 1:1 gear ratio in the Broncoā€™s Automatic Transmission we do have some variance between different Broncos we tested on the dyno as they had different rear gear ratios. We are unable to get the 1:1 ratio that 7th gear provides because we hit the OEM speed limiter and it will not allow us to reach the speeds necessary to get a full power run. We are also limited by the tires as the speed rating would be surpassed in the heart of 7th gear. Shown below is a separate run from a Bronco with a different rear end gear set than our Bronco.

Ford Bronco The Panda Power Module is HERE! The First 2.3L Tuning Solution by Panda Motorworks! Bronco2.3 3k com

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Forgive me if this was asked before, but does it matter what the plugs are gapped to?
We highly recommend using the included set of NGK Spark Plugs that come with the module. We pre-gap the spark plugs to .026, which we have determined works best for all 7 of the included maps.
Sponsored