@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone have the dyno numbers at the wheels? Or is the dyno graph they posted already at the wheels?
Sponsored

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Last edited:

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@Mitch Panda Motorworks
@chris@pandamotorworks

Can yā€™all answer this week old question? Youā€™ve been making posts, but havenā€™t had time to answer this I guess.
We have only had our 2.3 on the Dyno so far. We do have another coming in next week.

We have had 2 2.7 and they are very consistent in the graphs for power.

With that said what is important is the base # to the tuned # for the gains you see. Every dyno & conditions can change the outcome.

A dyno is a tuning tool and not to chase #'s This is why we focused on the gains and not the peak #'s. Also90% of Bronco owners are going to be between 2-5k so the meat of the curve is our most important part for reliability and gains.

As we get more time on the dyno with more broncos we will be providing updates and more graphs.

Thank you

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have only had our 2.3 on the Dyno so far. We do have another coming in next week.

We have had 2 2.7 and they are very consistent in the graphs for power.

With that said what is important is the base # to the tuned # for the gains you see. Every dyno & conditions can change the outcome.

A dyno is a tuning tool and not to chase #'s This is why we focused on the gains and not the peak #'s. Also90% of Bronco owners are going to be between 2-5k so the meat of the curve is our most important part for reliability and gains.

As we get more time on the dyno with more broncos we will be providing updates and more graphs.

Thank you
This didnā€™t answer the question at all. Why does the dyno you published for the stock 2.3L, show it having more HP than the tuned 2.7L?

This is the Panda Motorworks 2.3L Dyno that YOU published:

BBF75BED-5F4A-4319-8D26-FA56B4791792.jpeg

This is the Panda Motorworks 2.7L Dyno that YOU also published:
FE83A21A-5DE2-473C-B7DA-E034B519CDFD.jpeg

And here is where YOU say that both graphs show power at the wheels:

Our graph is at the wheels!
So why do the dyno graphs show the stock 2.3L being more powerful than the 2.7L (even after adding the power module)? Are the dyno graphs incorrect? Or is one at the wheels while the other is at the engine? Variances between dyno machines should not have this much of a difference.

I look forward to an actual answer. Thank you.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They are not incorrect

What you see is 2 different dynos and why I mentioned they can read different and why peak #'s are not as Important as gains and why we focus on the percentage of gain vs the peak #'s

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are not incorrect

What you see is 2 different dynos and why I mentioned they can read different and why peak #'s are not as Important as gains and why we focus on the percentage of gain vs the peak #'s
Looking forward to further tests and more legitimate documentation. Gotta be honest here - still seems like you released a product that wasnā€™t fully tested on us early adapters. Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m enjoying the hell out of it. I donā€™t know/understand EXACTLY what itā€™s doing to my engine and drivetrain - but, you should.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looking forward to further tests and more legitimate documentation. Gotta be honest here - still seems like you released a product that wasnā€™t fully tested on us early adapters. Donā€™t get me wrong, Iā€™m enjoying the hell out of it. I donā€™t know/understand EXACTLY what itā€™s doing to my engine and drivetrain - but, you should.

I'm not sure I follow how you do not understand what it's doing. Our first post,video etc explain how we are making the power and that each map increases the power to thr max of 20% gains.

We tested this with miles not dynos. The dyno was used to get the engineering data to understand what was safe and not. After that we hit the streets we had over 5k on our bronco by December and other testers in the 2-3k range when these were shipping.

This was validated with daily drivers, street pulls and other tests before shipping. We made sure this was 100% safe and ready for customers.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm not sure I follow how you do not understand what it's doing. Our first post,video etc explain how we are making the power and that each map increases the power to thr max of 20% gains.

We tested this with miles not dynos. The dyno was used to get the engineering data to understand what was safe and not. After that we hit the streets we had over 5k on our bronco by December and other testers in the 2-3k range when these were shipping.

This was validated with daily drivers, street pulls and other tests before shipping. We made sure this was 100% safe and ready for customers.
None of that internal test information was shared until now. I appreciate the feedback. Real world tests are most important for sure.

Weā€™ve requested info on what each map is doing - and havenā€™t had much response from your team. Are the gains evenly distributed through the 1-9 settings?

Iā€™m super happy with the results - I guess the lack of data made me skeptical and seemed like ā€œit just worksā€ was your answer.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Regardless of all the tests. I installed this weekend and love it. Thats all i care about . Not the numbers. I can tell a difference and appreciate it. Thank you.

Ford Bronco The Panda Power Module is HERE! The First 2.3L Tuning Solution by Panda Motorworks! 0C1281A0-768C-4618-8CC5-B9B648BE20DB
Which rack is that?

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
None of that internal test information was shared until now. I appreciate the feedback. Real world tests are most important for sure.

Weā€™ve requested info on what each map is doing - and havenā€™t had much response from your team. Are the gains evenly distributed through the 1-9 settings?

Iā€™m super happy with the results - I guess the lack of data made me skeptical and seemed like ā€œit just worksā€ was your answer.

Would it help if we had a % increase over stock per setting? (Only issue is being realistic every car will have a variance so we will have to put average not exact if that make sense)

I'm sorry if I thought more was shared and wasn't. I have a lot going on and may have missed that.

Rmill133

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco 1st edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Which rack is that?
Z-Roads. So far so good. Got my solar up there feeding my rear - kitchen / fridge/ pantry . Bike rack. No complaints yet. Use a wheel stool to reach the bike when needed.
Sponsored