First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good write up , but where's the 2.7L analysis ? Assume these are all on Map 7, but did you do any dyno pulls on other maps you can show? (i.e. I run Map 5 or 6 and would like to know what those figures look like).
Sponsored

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F250, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Good write up , but where's the 2.7L analysis ? Assume these are all on Map 7, but did you do any dyno pulls on other maps you can show? (i.e. I run Map 5 or 6 and would like to know what those figures look like).

With the newly acquired knowledge of how this works, let’s take a look at a few different dyno graphs to observe the differences between maps. You may see that the changes between consecutive maps are marginal, but that is why they are referred to as “Fine Tuning Maps”. We are seeing anywhere from 2-3% gains in HP and TQ between the maps. I’ve attached these dyno sheets below to help demonstrate the differences between maps 3 and 5 to show how the power band is affected. This allows you to select the appropriate map for your liking and driving style. The biggest gains you will see are not peak HP or TQ, but rather everything else under the curve.

bronco 2.3 map 3.png

bronco 2.3 map 5.png

We value the power under the curve much more than peak power, and I will tell you why. The gains made earlier in the power band see the largest increase, and that is great because that is the power that you will be using most often. You will likely be using this section of the power band much more, especially when you account for the Bronco working harder to move larger tires under acceleration. For more on our tuning philosophy, check out our Blog by clicking here! Since we cannot get a true 1:1 gear ratio in the Bronco’s Automatic Transmission we do have some variance between different Broncos we tested on the dyno as they had different rear gear ratios. We are unable to get the 1:1 ratio that 7th gear provides because we hit the OEM speed limiter and it will not allow us to reach the speeds necessary to get a full power run. We are also limited by the tires as the speed rating would be surpassed in the heart of 7th gear. Shown below is a separate run from a Bronco with a different rear end gear set than our Bronco.

Bronco2.3 3k comp.png

We provided Maps 3 & 5 to show the gains and explain why we made the different maps for you guys to find what works best for you and your bronco.

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for highlighting that, I glossed right over the Map 3/5 comparison comment. I know you said 2-3% gains between maps but just wondering if you could show the dyno data in a format where you're able to amalgamate stock and maps 1 through 7 (see example below).

Ford Bronco The Panda Power Module is HERE! The First 2.3L Tuning Solution by Panda Motorworks! Screen Shot 2022-05-06 at 9.12.17 AM

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just ordered mine. @Caleb@PandaMotorworks thank you for the detail you provided, it really helped me decide. As for the super in-depth analysis demands... for a $600 bolt on, I'm more than happy to let my butt dyno be the judge ;)

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just ordered mine. @Caleb@PandaMotorworks thank you for the detail you provided, it really helped me decide. As for the super in-depth analysis demands... for a $600 bolt on, I'm more than happy to let my butt dyno be the judge ;)
Love to hear it! Thank you for your support! #PandaArmy #PandaBronco

Sponsored

ctowna

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XC90 Momentum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Super in depth demands? Since when is asking for dyno stats (that they already have) an unreasonable REQUEST for an engine tuning product on a 60k vehicle? It's literally the defacto standard in tuning.

Last edited:

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
this reminds me of the DTE boost module from the raptor before the real tunes came out....
I have a few questions...

which sensors does the module communicate with?
what is the change in boost pressure from stock-map7?
what effects do the higher boost pressures have on intake temps?
what are the plugs gapped to and what tool do you use to check?

the dyne graphs you posted have a sept 2021 date stamp, why the long delay in posting these graphs?

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

this reminds me of the DTE boost module from the raptor before the real tunes came out....

the dyne graphs you posted have a sept 2021 date stamp, why the long delay in posting these graphs?
Sounds like we may need to get this and then post the real graphs when we take it to our real dyno.

Caleb@PandaMotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We use data from the MAP sensor. The Panda Power software module processes in real time and then transmits the optimized data to the sensor in your vehicle. The result is a considerable power boost you can feel – by automatically increasing the boost pressure, adjusting timing, and fueling. To increase the boost pressure, the turbine RPM is increased within a range defined by us, which increases your engines efficiency level. This provides more air for the engine, which allows the ignition timing to be adjusted more precisely and makes combustion in the cylinder more effective.

Map 7 utilizes the most boost pressure we can safely and efficiently achieve to produce the most noticeable gains in power, while also not making sacrifices to reliability. From maps 1 to 7 there is a 2-3% gain in HP and TQ in between each of the fine tuning maps. Meaning your boost pressure will slightly increase with each map to accommodate for the gain in power.

Boost pressure has no effect on intake temps. Your intake temps should be slightly lowered when in boost because of the extra air being sucked in. However, intake temps can have effects on boost pressure. As temperature increases, the density of the air, and the amount of oxygen it holds, decreases. This means the turbo has to work harder, spin faster, and compress more air to produce the same amount of boost as it would at lower temperatures.

The spark plugs we provide with the power module are NGK 6510 LTR7IX-11 IX Iridium gapped to .026. We use a PQY Spark plug gapper with a feeler gauge (NOT A COIN GAPPER)

That one dyno graph dated in September is from our product research and development in which we were getting ready for our product release in November. We had a dyno graph in our first post in this thread from day one, showing the max gains from stock to map 7. That yellow graph from September shows map 5, which we had stored from our R&D period and posted after requests.

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Little Secret you can use bronco6g code still ;)

ppm.png

Sponsored

mikelicalsi

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi everyone - any new updates on this from everyone’s experience using it? I have a 2.3L (manual) and I hope to install it over the weekend. I also have 35s and new wheels, so I am hoping to see some extra juice 🧃

chris@pandamotorworks

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi everyone - any new updates on this from everyone’s experience using it? I have a 2.3L (manual) and I hope to install it over the weekend. I also have 35s and new wheels, so I am hoping to see some extra juice 🧃

Check out this video!

mikelicalsi

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Got mine installed yesterday on my manual Bronco (Big Bend 4-door) with 2.3 liter engine. I have 35s with 20 inch Fuel Warrior wheels (pretty heavy). Very noticeable difference with the Panda & very happy with it. For me, I started at level 1 (which essentially is the same as the regular setting on my stock 2.3L engine) and then set it to level 4 and then 5 (all while using 93 octane). The difference from 1 to 4 or 5 is night and day. In setting #4, I can get to 50 mph 3rd gear (for example) at about 2,800-2,900 RPMs. Even at the 4 setting, each gear has a lot more capability. It also makes my Flowmaster muffler delete sound a little less loud at high RPM. Between the Panda and the muffler delete, it feels like a new car. 🐼 🥊 💥

Last edited:

mikelicalsi

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone know what to do with this error message??

64456039-C3C3-4696-BF73-106690E3C2E8.png
Sponsored