Sponsored

Is anyone else considering a Bronco that is overkill for your daily use...but looks so cool you want to buy it anyway?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am between two builds

1) 4Dr Badlands - 2.7L, Mid Pkg, hardtop, rim upgrade $51,165
2) 4Dr Big Bend - 2.7L, Mid Pkg, hardtop + sound deadening, rear diff lock, Signature lights, Aux Switches, rockrails $44,335

Badlands is $6830 more. Call it rough $7k difference w/tax.

I'm a cash buyer and can afford what I want. That said, I'm cheap and scrutinize purchases. Badlands is overkill for my off-road needs. I drive fast and know Big Bend is a better on-road daily driver. BB with Sig lights & grills looks good. Rear lockers will be plenty off-road capable, but,,, I want Badlands optional rims and like looks of 33s. Nice to have the best BL machine, but that's my ego talking. On the fence, it may come down to whether or not LED tail lights are also available on BB. Crazy if Ford offers fronts & NO rears, crazy we don't know!

4Dr vs 2Dr:
I have two little girls and there's no fuc*&%$ing way in hell I'd get a 2Dr with family! I owned two 2Dr Wranglers before owning two 4Dr Wranglers, all when I was single. Once you've had 4 doors, you can't go back! Putting people and stuff in the 2Dr back seat is a colossal pain in the ass! 2Dr cargo area is pathetic! 4Dr gives a better road ride. I know, the 2Dr looks cool and I feel the pull, but damn,, you have to live with it every day!
Yep. Only two of us, don't need 4 doors. If I had a family, 4 doors would be the starting point...
Sponsored

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
From the time I decided to purchase a Bronco, I was dead set on buying a Big Bend. I knew I would never need a Sasquatch or any of the other higher trim models because I never planned on doing any serious off-roading. I was pretty confident that the Big Bend would handle anything I threw at it. If I was able to order my Bronco about three weeks ago, I would've likely settled on the Big Bend and called it a day.

But..the more time that passes, the more I keep thinking about how major of a purchase this is and if I'm going to spend all of this money, do I really want to look back and wish I would've added an accessory here or a package there? So...I started thinking about the Black Diamond. But, the lack of signature LED lighting and High/Lux package availability soon led me to the Outer Banks. While the Outer Banks allows me to get all of the gadgets I'd like along with the signature lighting, I don't like the way the interior, fenders, and stock tires look. Getting a Wildtrack is out of the question because I know for a fact that I will never need a Sasquatch...no matter how badass it looks. All of this leads me to the Badlands.

I've configured a Badlands on B&P that ticks off every single thing on my wishlist. I have my Lux package features, 2.7 engine, 4A, MGV, washout floors...and it looks dope as hell. I'm even leaning heavily on getting a 2-door even though I still have my family to think about. But, I can't shake the feeling that if I pull the trigger, I might be wasting money on things I may never need (ex: front locker, sway bar disconnect, bash plate, etc.), or I may regret not getting a 4-door for the space. I know that I need to ignore being sensible and just buy what I want. I just wanna know if anyone else is in a similar boat. I'd be interested in hearing how you're justifying your purchase...no matter the reason.
I live in South Florida. No hills, no mountains, roads don't curve, no mud, etc. I justify maxing out the Bronco, because I'm going to be dead soon...maybe only 19 years to live...and I don't want to be on my death bed, leaving all the money I saved to my wife and kids, and thinking I shoulda
coulda spent 5 lousy grand on Sasquatch, and now it's too late. Last breath. GONE.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry but it won't be a Garage Queen because with my SAS package it won't fit ???
Mine won’t fit either?. Just a few inches, but I’m still getting Squatch!

someone said to air down to get into the garage lol. Would work but kind of inconvenient

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife's 4 door BD will have Sasquatch and will probably never have 4wd engaged much less a use for Sasquatch. What can I do though? I spent months trying to get her in an RDX A-Spec but the country girl shines through.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I explained my dilemma to my wife, she gave me the following piece of advice: "Why bother buying a brand new truck if you're not going to get exactly what you want?" It's amazing how much buy-in from the wife makes everything easier. ?

All of you who contributed to this post helped solidify my decision to stick with the Badlands. The last thing I need to figure out is if I want the 4.46 rear axle or the 4.7. I have no idea which one is best for the stock tires and mostly on-road usage.
Haha and that’s what I kept telling my wife. She was fine with the BD but I told her, “forget the cost, buy what you WANT because you’re not getting a new one for a long time.”

There was even a, “I don’t want bitch ass painted fender flares,” in our conversations as well. ??

OP
OP
Y2Dre

Y2Dre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
4Dr vs 2Dr:
I have two little girls and there's no fuc*&%$ing way in hell I'd get a 2Dr with family!
I have two daughters myself so I am familiar with the struggle. Luckily, my oldest will be 23 in a month and my youngest is 17. Each daughter has their own car. You are spot on when you talk about the space and convenience advantages the 4-door has over the 2-door. But man...the 2-door is so damn sexy. My budget is flexible enough to accommodate a 4-door BL. But, I don't know if I can pass up on that 2-door stance.

If the BB could get signature tail lights and at least the High package, I'd probably get one. If the BD could get signature lights, I probably would get one. If the OBX had a better interior and tires, I probably would get one (I probably would even get over the body-colored flares). But, none of the above is true and everything that I'd miss in those models is important to me.

So...I'm gonna rock my 2-door Badlands with pride. If it ever bothers me that I'm under utilizing my Bronco, I'll either hit a trail or plow over whoever is in front of me in the McDonald's drive-thru line. ?

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Chalk it up as better resale value!!!!
True! I am awaiting to see if residual values are similar to the F-150 lineup. I get the feeling it will be with how high demand is

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the time I decided to purchase a Bronco, I was dead set on buying a Big Bend. I knew I would never need a Sasquatch or any of the other higher trim models because I never planned on doing any serious off-roading. I was pretty confident that the Big Bend would handle anything I threw at it. If I was able to order my Bronco about three weeks ago, I would've likely settled on the Big Bend and called it a day.

But..the more time that passes, the more I keep thinking about how major of a purchase this is and if I'm going to spend all of this money, do I really want to look back and wish I would've added an accessory here or a package there? So...I started thinking about the Black Diamond. But, the lack of signature LED lighting and High/Lux package availability soon led me to the Outer Banks. While the Outer Banks allows me to get all of the gadgets I'd like along with the signature lighting, I don't like the way the interior, fenders, and stock tires look. Getting a Wildtrack is out of the question because I know for a fact that I will never need a Sasquatch...no matter how badass it looks. All of this leads me to the Badlands.

I've configured a Badlands on B&P that ticks off every single thing on my wishlist. I have my Lux package features, 2.7 engine, 4A, MGV, washout floors...and it looks dope as hell. I'm even leaning heavily on getting a 2-door even though I still have my family to think about. But, I can't shake the feeling that if I pull the trigger, I might be wasting money on things I may never need (ex: front locker, sway bar disconnect, bash plate, etc.), or I may regret not getting a 4-door for the space. I know that I need to ignore being sensible and just buy what I want. I just wanna know if anyone else is in a similar boat. I'd be interested in hearing how you're justifying your purchase...no matter the reason.
This is exactly me. I'm usually very practical and frugal and logical. I keep my cars and electronics until they break down. I price compare and research for months before major purchases. I struggle with paying for things I don't need, even if I know they'll bring me immense enjoyment.

But this time is different. 2020 has been a shitty year, very little to look forward to, no vacations, no visiting family, etc. The Bronco for me is a bright spot (hmmm, maybe that's why I'm so in love with Cyber Orange). I don't NEED a Bronco, but I do need something more capable than my Escape for dispersed camping, mountain roads, etc. (had a few close calls pushing the Escape too hard). A Big Bend would do just fine but I WANT A BADLANDS. Heart over head this time.

That said, I can rationalize the extra spend on the BL with the cost savings of no vacations, rarely eating out, etc. this year and probably next year too. And this past year has catalyzed an excitement in me to exercise my freedoms and explore our great country by land. And my new Bronco will be my trusty steed, ready for any terrain I'm brave enough to endeavor. I can't wait for my 2 door Badlands Cyber Orange, 2.7/auto with lux!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is exactly me. I'm usually very practical and frugal and logical. I keep my cars and electronics until they break down. I price compare and research for months before major purchases. I struggle with paying for things I don't need, even if I know they'll bring me immense enjoyment.

But this time is different. 2020 has been a shitty year, very little to look forward to, no vacations, no visiting family, etc. The Bronco for me is a bright spot (hmmm, maybe that's why I'm so in love with Cyber Orange). I don't NEED a Bronco, but I do need something more capable than my Escape for dispersed camping, mountain roads, etc. (had a few close calls pushing the Escape too hard). A Big Bend would do just fine but I WANT A BADLANDS. Heart over head this time.

That said, I can rationalize the extra spend on the BL with the cost savings of no vacations, rarely eating out, etc. this year and probably next year too. And this past year has catalyzed an excitement in me to exercise my freedoms and explore our great country by land. And my new Bronco will be my trusty steed, ready for any terrain I'm brave enough to endeavor. I can't wait for my 2 door Badlands Cyber Orange, 2.7/auto with lux!
I couldn't have written this any better, really.
THE SAME!

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in South Florida. No hills, no mountains, roads don't curve, no mud, etc. I justify maxing out the Bronco, because I'm going to be dead soon...maybe only 19 years to live...and I don't want to be on my death bed, leaving all the money I saved to my wife and kids, and thinking I shoulda
coulda spent 5 lousy grand on Sasquatch, and now it's too late. Last breath. GONE.
I'm not sure if this is sad, or inspirational ?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will disagree with your point just on principle. I am buying my Bronco to use and it will hit the dirt on delivery day. Yes, the BD I am buying is way more than my current 1970 has, but that is the difference of 50 years in technology. Buy it, Drive it and Enjoy it. You never see U-Hauls behind hearses. :cool:
Sponsored

Attachments