Sponsored

Is anyone going Badlands with the option 33 Mudders?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
It's an expensive option in Canada... $1600! I'm sure I could get an EXTRA set of those tires for the same price... It's like Ford isn't taking into consideration you're giving back a set of 5 KO2'S
That and the option BL capable wheels and you're just $2200 away from (again, over priced) Squatch option...
Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's an expensive option in Canada... $1600! I'm sure I could get an EXTRA set of those tires for the same price... It's like Ford isn't taking into consideration you're giving back a set of 5 KO2'S
That and the option BL capable wheels and you're just $2200 away from (again, over priced) Squatch option...
I’m getting squatch on a badlands in the states. For 4.7 gearing it would cost 800 for ring / pinions , 200 for install kits if I was doing it. I wouldn’t be installing myself so I would go with deeper gearing but that doesn’t affect price. Long / short it would be 1500-2000 to do gearing. At that point I’m paying 500-1000 for bigger tires and forged wheels. My two cents. The 33s don’t appeal to me. As once they are worn out I’ll go 37s lift and maybe gearing depending on drivability. It is overpriced in the states for the 33s. Honestly I wish the badlands stock wheels were wider. I prefer them to the squatch wheels. Sorry for the off topic. My two cents.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I’m getting squatch on a badlands in the states. For 4.7 gearing it would cost 800 for ring / pinions , 200 for install kits if I was doing it. I wouldn’t be installing myself so I would go with deeper gearing but that doesn’t affect price. Long / short it would be 1500-2000 to do gearing. At that point I’m paying 500-1000 for bigger tires and forged wheels. My two cents. The 33s don’t appeal to me. As once they are worn out I’ll go 37s lift and maybe gearing depending on drivability. It is overpriced in the states for the 33s. Honestly I wish the badlands stock wheels were wider. I prefer them to the squatch wheels. Sorry for the off topic. My two cents.
The Badlands doesn't need Squatch to get 4.7 gearing. It's a selectable option.
Edit: standard with 4.7 gearing

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was heavily suggested the optional MT Goodyears....

Not paying $1k for a different tread pattern. Planning on getting summer wheels with the mudders of my choosing.

Sponsored

smrpilot

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Silverado 3500HD, '68 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the optional wheels and KO2's on my BL order. The Mudders look good and all, but not worth the extra $$ for a special tire with the Wrangler deleted on the sidewall. The Territory's are going to be real close to the KO2's in price from a retailer, but they are new and not much for reviews on them yet. I've read that the new Territory tire may be replacing the aging Duratrac (hope not) from Goodyear. But if they come on my optional rim I won't complain. If not, I'll run the proven BFG's and either get some STT Pros when it's time for new shoes ;)

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Most of my specs are in my sig, but as far as tires, I'm going SSR TSL SXII in 35x10.5, boyz!

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think if you get the 4.7 gearing you get the manual transmission as standard.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the Badlands; 4.70 gears are the standard gears. The default ratio. You do not 'get them' with a manual. The manual and the 4.70 gears are what every Badlands comes with unless you pay to change it. If you get the optional automatic transmission, without the Sasquatch package, with either engine, you are downgraded to a 4.46 gearset, otherwise you keep the standard 4.7 ratio.
Sponsored