First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope. Badlands is 4.7 gearing. No need for SAS. SAS is suspension, badge, tires.
Nope, Badlands with automatic transmission is 4.46. It's only 4.7 with manual transmission. Squatching an auto Badlands changes gearing from 4.46 to 4.7.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One thing I haven’t seen touched on here is the aftermarket tires available in 33 vs 35 sizes. 35s will get you the looks but if you think you’d prefer a slightly cushier ride then the load ratings in the 33” range are much more favorable.
Cc: @imnewtothis
The stock 35” tires are C rated to begin with...very few people would want to run less than that...C is already marginal at best for an aggressive A/T or M/T and they provide a plenty soft ride. You have to look hard to find anything less than C for a reason...they’re not appropriate for the application.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The stock 35” tires are C rated to begin with...very few people would want to run less than that...C is already marginal at best for an aggressive A/T or M/T and they provide a plenty soft ride. You have to look hard to find anything less than C for a reason...they’re not appropriate for the application.
I would think it depends on the type of driving or ground you plan to cover, would that be correct?

Looking at tiresize.com for the Badlands 33" tires in the 285/70R17 size, I filter on Load Rating SL. Doing this there are 13 tires to select from, in some popular brands and models.

https://tiresize.com/tiresizes/285-70R17.htm

Last edited:

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tell him that. He never said anything about a manual or auto. You know for a fact it’s made in China? No you don’t. headquartered in Germany with 24 locations worldwide. Funny you say that though. Take your feet out of your mouth Mr. All American responding from a CHINESE made product talking about a vehicle that has many parts made in China. Specifically anything to do with an ECU...have fun driving your Chinese made Bronco as well 🤣
Actually, Ford's ECU's come from Mexico.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Actually, Ford's ECU's come from Mexico.
So Mexican sweat shop vs China makes it better right? 🤣So there’s no parts made in China? And just ccayse it comes from Mehico doesn’t mean no Chinese parts

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Mexican sweat shop vs China makes it better right? 🤣So there’s no parts made in China? And just ccayse it comes from Mehico doesn’t mean no Chinese parts
Dude, you made a blatantly false statement intended to incite, and he corrected you...settle down Beavis.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Considering I work for the company that supplies them to Ford, I can tell you the $120 million facility is a high tech and far from a sweat shop. You apparently don't have the slightest clue what goes into manufacturing electronics. Here is a hint, they are not soccer balls or t-shirts.

Ford Bronco Badlands with 33 or Sasquatch ecu

Last edited:

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering I work for the company that supplies them to Ford, I can tell you the $120 million facility is a high tech and far from a sweat shop. You apparently don't have the slightest clue what goes into manufacturing electronics. Here is a hint, they are not soccer balls or t-shirts.

ecu.png
Get off your high horse. Sorry you can’t read sarcasm 🤷🏻‍♂️

Some of those parts ARE made in China. Reason they produce things in other countries. It’s cheaper.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

sarcasm: "The use of strategies which, on the surface appear to be appropriate to the situation, but are meant to be taken as meaning the opposite in terms of face management. That is, the utterance which appears, on the surface, to maintain or enhance the face of the recipient actually attacks and damages the face of the recipient. ... sarcasm is an insincere form of politeness which is used to offend one's interlocutor."
-Derek Bousfield

Offroadrob

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 TRD PRO, 10 Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To sas or not to sas ...

I currently run dedicated winter tires, and plan on doing the same with my bronco. In fact, this is the most important thing for my bronco to kick ass at ... a handful of times every winter I get in some gnarly highway conditions and I try to put as many things in my favor as possible.

Ofc summer rolls around and my needs shift to wants. I want all of Offroad capability I can get.

Currently my order is nonsquatch badlands:

285/70 is no joke off-roading and I think I can do a 265/70 or even 255/75 winter tire with a minimal difference in rpms (2-4%)

but the Sasquatch beckons:
315/70 seems like a lot of fun
255/75 and 265/70 seem out of reach at 7 -9% change in rpm for a given speed, not to mention how strange the stance would be
285/70 seems potentially reasonable at a 5.2%, but that’s still an 11 inch wide tire

anyone have experience or thoughts to add to clarify or further muddle my thinking?

Sponsored

BadSquatch21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover and Porsches; '22 Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford made the decision for me by delaying Mansquatch. Ordered manual Badlands, will put on wheels/315's upon delivery. I'm now thinking the smaller flares will look better than the larger Sasq flares. The amount of lift needed will be determined but they've had base Badlands test mules running on 35's so I'm suspecting they'll be ok. Aftermarket will fix soon enough it not.

LagoVistaBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GL350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$2500 is about what five new tires and rims would cost sftermarket
$2500 if you go the cheap route. I’d estimate $600 per wheel for decent quality beadlock rims and tires . Times 5 (spare) add in 4.7 gears and $2500 is a steal.

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To sas or not to sas ...

I currently run dedicated winter tires, and plan on doing the same with my bronco. In fact, this is the most important thing for my bronco to kick ass at ... a handful of times every winter I get in some gnarly highway conditions and I try to put as many things in my favor as possible.

Ofc summer rolls around and my needs shift to wants. I want all of Offroad capability I can get.

Currently my order is nonsquatch badlands:

285/70 is no joke off-roading and I think I can do a 265/70 or even 255/75 winter tire with a minimal difference in rpms (2-4%)

but the Sasquatch beckons:
315/70 seems like a lot of fun
255/75 and 265/70 seem out of reach at 7 -9% change in rpm for a given speed, not to mention how strange the stance would be
285/70 seems potentially reasonable at a 5.2%, but that’s still an 11 inch wide tire

anyone have experience or thoughts to add to clarify or further muddle my thinking?
BFG AT KO2 is a fantastic winter tire. I would have zero concern with it for 4-season use. Of course, it isn’t a Blizzak-style true winter tire but those have limitations for most other applications. You could always have some additional siping added to the AT’s

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nope. Badlands is 4.7 gearing. No need for SAS. SAS is suspension, badge, tires.
The 4.46 is what you get with a Non-Sasquatched Badlands that has an automatic transmission.

Sasquatch only comes with an auto right now but when a manual Sasquatch becomes available it will have different gearing 5.13 or 5.38
Sponsored

Last edited: