Sponsored

Is anyone making a kit to turn the two door into a pickup?

Rockso

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really like the late 60's broncos that had a truck bed and would love to do something to make mine look like that. So far, I haven't found anything; not even a tonneau cover. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really like the late 60's broncos that had a truck bed and would love to do something to make mine look like that. So far, I haven't found anything; not even a tonneau cover. Any help is appreciated.
You gonna cut the roll cage out ?

OP
OP
Rockso

Rockso

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
Rockso

Rockso

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You gonna cut the roll cage out ?
I don't want to. One of the other members posted a very cool looking build of one that did, but I want to be able to convert it back to stock if necessary. I found a floor kit (think they call it a stage) that only requires you remove the back seats, but there is nothing to seal off the cab and no tonneau cover to keep the weather out.

Sponsored

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're not willing to do a lot of fabrication nor cut the roll cage out, I'm not sure what else there is to do.

I'd say look at rear seat delete kits and call it a day.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm assuming a two door, since you didn't say anything about four and the example with cutting roll cage was a two door, but below could be done by either. So here's how I think you can do it AND undo it:

First remove your top and rear seats.
Build build a box where your back seat and cargo area is, might take multiple pieces to fit around roll cage. You can use wood, foam with "Poor man's fiberglass" (my choice), fiberglass, aluminum or whatever.

Take to upholstery shop and get custom rear Bimini, bulkhead/rear window cover that fits around your roll cage and connects like a Bimini cover would. Hell, take them a 2 door Bimini cover that they can attach to the rear bulkhead/window that they can fabricate and add to it.

Make all this work around the roll cage for a cool look.

To convert back: remove Bimini top/rear window & box and reinstall seats and hard top.

OP
OP
Rockso

Rockso

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm assuming a two door, since you didn't say anything about four and the example with cutting roll cage was a two door, but below could be done by either. So here's how I think you can do it AND undo it:

First remove your top and rear seats.
Build build a box where your back seat and cargo area is, might take multiple pieces to fit around roll cage. You can use wood, foam with "Poor man's fiberglass" (my choice), fiberglass, aluminum or whatever.

Take to upholstery shop and get custom rear Bimini, bulkhead/rear window cover that fits around your roll cage and connects like a Bimini cover would. Hell, take them a 2 door Bimini cover that they can attach to the rear bulkhead/window that they can fabricate and add to it.

Make all this work around the roll cage for a cool look.

To convert back: remove Bimini top/rear window & box and reinstall seats and hard top.
This is close to what I'll end up trying.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

There's no kit so it's up to you and to do it right you're going to have to cut the rear bars. Check out the BDS build, plenty of pictures of this one out there but bring your wallet if you're looking to replicate it.

Reactions: Fly

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

it's actually alot easier than I imagined. The time consuming part is building the new half cab, this does take time. If @Ford Motor Company dont catch on to the nitch market and produce these soon, AND as more broncos get miles on them and more people begin to alter them, I may have a mold made of mine next year so they could easily be replicated. Then a real kit could be sold inexpensively, including the new roll bar cross section and the solid divider panel mounted behind the seats.

My new roll bar configuration definitely ADDs strength and bending resistance to the B-pillar. especially in a side impact or side roll-over.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

There's no kit so it's up to you and to do it right you're going to have to cut the rear bars. Check out the BDS build, plenty of pictures of this one out there but bring your wallet if you're looking to replicate it.

Yes BDS did an excellent job, however they are NOT selling kits and have no intention of it in the future. Trust me I've tried to persuade them.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Buy a Ranger and try swapping out the grill, fenders and other Bronco items to make the front end resemble a Bronco. Or maybe take up fishing to occupy ones time.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

it's actually alot easier than I imagined. The time consuming part is building the new half cab, this does take time. If @Ford Motor Company dont catch on to the nitch market and produce these soon, AND as more broncos get miles on them and more people begin to alter them, I may have a mold made of mine next year so they could easily be replicated. Then a real kit could be sold inexpensively, including the new roll bar cross section and the solid divider panel mounted behind the seats.

My new roll bar configuration definitely ADDs strength and bending resistance to the B-pillar. especially in a side impact or side roll-over.
If a company like WeatherTech would make one of their molded mats but include sides walls, a truck bed box that fits in and around the rear seat cargo area, to protect and be the truck bed, but is flexible and light weight, people may buy just to protect the insides of their Bronco, top on or off; while others could go farther and buy a half cab, hard or soft top and have the half cab truck look.

Since I don't have any place to store tops and go back and forth, I probably would just go with no rear seats with the "weathertech type box" to protect the interior; I could remove the hard top and go with a Bimini when I wanted to. A convertible pickup when top is off, a 2 door 2 seat SUV with secure storage when the top is on, like a small truck with a topper on it, just no bulkhead.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Buy a Ranger and try swapping out the grill, fenders and other Bronco items to make the front end resemble a Bronco. Or maybe take up fishing to occupy ones time.
Way easier to do what BDS and I did...the ranger looks like crap.
Sponsored