Sponsored

Is anyone making a kit to turn the two door into a pickup?

l88m22vette

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please sir may I have locking diffs?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fire truck build is sweet, and if you look carefully Ford chopped off the back of the rear hardtop ;) It'd be a lot easier to hack off the back window and hardtop structure as the back of the cab, it'd ape the factory look, keep the heater (and apparently the wiper with creativity), and you'd be able to open the window wide!

Follow-up: does anyone think that wiper placement update is something that could be in an update, or more likely just the one-off for the build?

Ford Bronco Is anyone making a kit to turn the two door into a pickup? 1691516424921
Sponsored

Last edited:

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

it's actually alot easier than I imagined. The time consuming part is building the new half cab, this does take time. If @Ford Motor Company dont catch on to the nitch market and produce these soon, AND as more broncos get miles on them and more people begin to alter them, I may have a mold made of mine next year so they could easily be replicated. Then a real kit could be sold inexpensively, including the new roll bar cross section and the solid divider panel mounted behind the seats.

My new roll bar configuration definitely ADDs strength and bending resistance to the B-pillar. especially in a side impact or side roll-over.
I like what you have done. I think it is freaking awesome! I just do not think you will see Ford attempt this for reasons I have stated... They already have production problems getting these out in a timely manner and any attempt to offer this would significantly impede what hey are doing already. I also think the lawyers would get involved....

I do not doubt that your creation is not significantly improving roll over protection. you probably are. I just think it will be relegated to aftermarket to provide the option. If you wanted to get into that you could probably make a few dimes. You have done a nice job and I think there would be a clientele that would pay for it.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The fire truck build is sweet, and if you look carefully Ford chopped off the back of the rear hardtop and installed a wiper above ;) It'd be a lot easier to hack off the back window and hardtop structure as the back of the cab, it'd ape the factory look, keep the heater (and apparently the wiper with creativity), and you'd be able to open the window wide!

Follow-up: does anyone think that wiper placement update is something that could be in an update, or more likely just the one-off for the build?

1691516424921.jpeg
yep BDS and I did exactly this. NOT Ford.

the back window is the same back window as the normal cab, same wiper too.

20230428_184328.jpg

20230428_184328.jpg

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like what you have done. I think it is freaking awesome! I just do not think you will see Ford attempt this for reasons I have stated... They already have production problems getting these out in a timely manner and any attempt to offer this would significantly impede what hey are doing already. I also think the lawyers would get involved....

I do not doubt that your creation is not significantly improving roll over protection. you probably are. I just think it will be relegated to aftermarket to provide the option. If you wanted to get into that you could probably make a few dimes. You have done a nice job and I think there would be a clientele that would pay for it.
if Ford engineers it, and offers this option on future broncos, no lawyers will need to be involved.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can buy a half cab starter kit at Home Depot.

good-morning.gif

ad927b60664a777a710a7233275e7e38279c9e9f_hq.gif

All kidding aside, I appreciate the ingenuity and the lack of fooks needed to cut up a brand new Bronco and build something different.

Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

if Ford engineers it, and offers this option on future broncos, no lawyers will need to be involved.
They should not... but they do.... They have to earn that money Ford pays them. Lawyers ruin everything that is fun.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

yep BDS and I did exactly this. NOT Ford.

the back window is the same back window as the normal cab, same wiper too.

Ford Bronco Is anyone making a kit to turn the two door into a pickup? ad927b60664a777a710a7233275e7e38279c9e9f_hq

Ford Bronco Is anyone making a kit to turn the two door into a pickup? ad927b60664a777a710a7233275e7e38279c9e9f_hq
That is really a damn nice job you know... Actually I bet you do.... Well now you know I think it is as well! and I really do.

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FORD:

Start with a Bronco 4 door chassis, for the wheelbase.

Use the front clip (hood, grill, fenders) and the doors of a 2 door Bronco (they're longer than a 4 doors' front doors), extend the cab rearward about 18 inches or so, build a back wall and incorporate a rear window (basically an extended cab).

Build a truck bed with the same fender sheetmetal shape as the rear 1/4 panels of a normal Bronco, with the rear wheelwells centered in the bedsides.

Use a Bronco tailgate as the tailgate, but make it a REAL tailgate - that hinges at the bottom, as tailgates are supposed to do.

Offer bedcovers/camper shells in various shapes and sizes - full camper shell, halfcab, bedcover, etc.

Offer it with a V8/manual trans.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These guys did it with a 4dr, be interesting if someone could do it like a Scrambler with a 2dr. Reminiscent of the old Jeep J10/20.

Sponsored