Sponsored

Is buying the offrodeo damage waiver good idea?

Gypsy

Badlands
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The lead guy in Nevada basically told everyone that they didn't need it without actually saying it. Some had already prepaid for it and kept it.

Then later in the day this happened....

12295.jpeg
Wow that was hard to watch. Did he just go over to far to the right? We just picked up our Bronco a little over a week ago so we are newbies. We haven't made our reservation have to wait to 2024.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ā€˜94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Great info here. We have zero interest in going fast over whoops or crawling over rocks or anything that would ever ā€œbreakā€ a Bronco. Iā€™m going with a friend who got a Black Diamond bronco and she has never been on anything more than a very well maintained dirt road. Sales guy dropped the keys in her hand without explaining one single feature about the bronco or the SAS features. She is a pure novice to off-roading just wanting to learn what her truck can do.

Itā€™s not the $75 that concerns me if it would be warranted, but sounds like if she follows instructions we will be fine so Iā€™m leaning on skipping the waiver.

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

When I was there in 22, they said that a guy sent it on the fast course extra hard on the 2nd jump and destroyed the suspension, blew air bags etc. They took the 2nd jump out and smoothed out the course a bit after that event apparently. My group had "Lucky Luke", so take that for what you will. He did say they have only used the winch once because they were worried about a guy going too far over, and of course Goodyear Hill was so named because it was the first time they got a flat on the trail and it claimed a "Goodyear tire".
I heard the dude intentionally disobeyed the trail guide and wanted to "get air." Because of the damage to the frame the vehicle was totaled. And no, he did not buy the supplemental coverage.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I heard the dude intentionally disobeyed the trail guide and wanted to "get air." Because of the damage to the frame the vehicle was totaled. And no, he did not buy the supplemental coverage.
Pretty much yep. But he was the reason they smoothed the course and took out the 2nd jump. The course was ā€œmore funā€ before hand. They lowered the speed limit after that too.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My daddy used to say, you can't account for stupid.

I mean, we are talking about Texas, altho whoever that was, was probably from the territory north of the Red River. 49/51% chance? :whistle: :LOL:

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My daddy used to say, you can't account for stupid.

I mean, we are talking about Texas, altho whoever that was, was probably from the territory north of the Red River. 49/51% chance? :whistle: :LOL:
You can always tell a Yankee -- but not much.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great info here. We have zero interest in going fast over whoops or crawling over rocks or anything that would ever ā€œbreakā€ a Bronco. Iā€™m going with a friend who got a Black Diamond bronco and she has never been on anything more than a very well maintained dirt road. Sales guy dropped the keys in her hand without explaining one single feature about the bronco or the SAS features. She is a pure novice to off-roading just wanting to learn what her truck can do.

Itā€™s not the $75 that concerns me if it would be warranted, but sounds like if she follows instructions we will be fine so Iā€™m leaning on skipping the waiver.
I think you'll be fine. The three guides I've interacted with, two over a whole day and one for a "tough" obstacle, they weren't getting you to rock crawl or whatever. The speed course part I let my brother drive; I didn't really care about that. At least with Ace and Cory, the whole day guides, they were interested in teaching you more than pushing you.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Went to NH and didn't get it. No issues...

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I signed up for the extra coverage for next week in Moab. Compared to what it costs just to stay in Moab this time of year, it was a small percentage of the total cost for me.

I'll be driving my own Bronco on the White Rim trail the day before. I know that they say to not go in there alone, but I'm doing it anyway. Worked out fine last year.

Sponsored

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The lead guy in Nevada basically told everyone that they didn't need it without actually saying it. Some had already prepaid for it and kept it.

Then later in the day this happened....

Ford Bronco Is buying the offrodeo damage waiver good idea? 1694109757247
Don't recall that rock when I went. Did you guys just press on and drive around this guy?

NHPoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I went to the NH offroadeo and got the insurance. Some parts of the trails are very narrow, with trees very close to the trail. I would have ripped off the rear passenger side fender flare if the instructor (who was riding with me) hadnā€™t stopped me. A few trucks later, someone did rip off the fender flare. There was also scratches and a dent on the door.
Ha. I remember that John.
That "scary rock" that you (and the person who steered slowly slowly into the tree) tried to get around has been excavated and removed from that turn. If you aren't paying attention to things you can still mess up and hit the tree on the passenger side, but at least the rock is gone.

NHPoke

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm not going to say whether you should or should not pay for the damage waiver, but would like to clarify a bit about how it works.
It's doesn't pay for $3500, it limits your liability to $3500 if the vehicle is damaged.
I do recommend that people check with their vehicle insurance company and their credit card company before purchasing the damage waiver, as they may already have some coverage from those before spending the money on the waiver.
If you wait until the day of the event it's probably too late to check.

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just did Moab off-Roadeo on Monday. We didnā€™t do the $75. At Moab you end up with about 50 to 60 miles driven including 20 to 25 off-road. A lot of winding and undulating BLM roads.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow.

Hm. I don't remember there being a freaking Weighted Companion Cube in the middle of the trail at the Nevada Off-Roadeo. šŸ˜„
I musta missed that cube too, but I did tryout the skid plates a couple times šŸ˜‰
Sponsored