Sponsored

Is buying the offrodeo damage waiver good idea?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We just did Moab off-Roadeo on Monday. We didn’t do the $75. At Moab you end up with about 50 to 60 miles driven including 20 to 25 off-road. A lot of winding and undulating BLM roads.
Since I'm headed to Moab next week:
Do they try to match you up with a Bronco similar to what you own? What percentage of them are 2-doors? And do they all have Sasquatch?

I have a 2-Door Sasquatch and don't want to be in a 4-door or non-Sasquatch. The only hints I have so far is to talk to the people running things as early as possible to request the vehicle to be used.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tock13

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do they try to match you up with a Bronco similar to what you own? What percentage of them are 2-doors? And do they all have Sasquatch?

I have a 2-Door Sasquatch and don't want to be in a 4-door or non-Sasquatch. The only hints I have so far is to talk to the people running things as early as possible to request the vehicle to be used.
I am wondering the same thing. I want to be in a black diamond Sasquatch but not sure if they have that. From the videos I’ve seen there are a lot of badlands.

SkiSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The guide we had in NH does texas, moab, and Vegas during the winter when nh is closed. He said most of the recoveries happen in NH, more than the other 3 combined. I think it's because the conditions there can be really variable day to day. I was there a day after some rain and there was alot of side slipping wet roots and rocks. Thought we were going to slide into a tree on more than one occasion. Glad I paid the $75 during those times, and very happy I didn't need it.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am wondering the same thing. I want to be in a black diamond Sasquatch but not sure if they have that. From the videos I’ve seen there are a lot of badlands.
I don't see how Black Diamond or Badlands or Outer Banks makes much difference if you have the same number of doors and the Sasquatch package.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went to Texas and they had two 2drs and they both went out in the first group (I was in the second, they had 66 drivers that day). You might call them at the location and ask/see if you can get in any early group (if there is one) and show up early if they have them.

I ended up getting a 4dr BL Sas, which was cool. I don't know it made that much of a difference.

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Heading to offrodeo in Moab in a few weeks and I’m wondering if I should buy the $75 damage waiver. From what I’m reading it only covers up to $3500.

The entire reason for offrodeo to even exist is to take their Broncos through pretty rough terrain…supervised.

Is the waiver to cover the weak steering gear?
yep better safe then sorry

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

They don’t try and match up anything. They have a fleet of 32 Broncos and only two are 2-doors. Everything is Sasquatch except a few non SAS Badlands. Everything is 2.7 liter automatics.

They have groups starting at 8am and groups starting at 9. We had a total of 7 Bronco drivers in our 9 am slot. One group of 3 with an instructor and a group of 4 with an instructor. They already had the Broncos staged (all 4 doors).

They wanted an inexperienced solo driver in the lead Bronco so that left 3 to chose from.

There was one descent where the instructor said he would have a 2 door take a slightly different line than the 4 doors took. Other than that the lines would be the same.

Last edited:

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The instructors at Moab made the comment that they only had 32 Broncos and couldn’t match up with all 5000 combinations of available Broncos. I think everything at Moab was a 2021 model. We drove a Antimatter Blue 4 door Mid package Wildtrak.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The lead guy in Nevada basically told everyone that they didn't need it without actually saying it. Some had already prepaid for it and kept it.

Then later in the day this happened....

12295.jpeg
Not an expert. But someone wasn’t listening to instructions in the morning. Wheels were turned up hill. They went over this in orientation.

70Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco; 11 Jetta TDI; 03 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My kids and I did Moab last Friday. I didn't pay the $75. If you listen to the instructor/guides, you'll be fine. The biggest issue I saw was driving on the pavement at the end of the day and possibly taking a rock to the windshield from the vehicle in front of you.

They do not match you up to a similiar Bronco. What happens is, at the end of the orientation/classroom portion, they tell you, "the Broncos are outside. Go get one." You just wander outside and find one you like that doesn't have someone already sitting in it. My recommendation is to look for one you want prior to the start of the orientation, then when it's time to go outside, be one of the first ones out the door.

I was in the 0900 session and there was only one 2-door Bronco. Also, not all of them have Sasquatch. There were mostly Badlands versions in our group but we did have a couple Outerbanks, Wildtraks and a Big Bend.

My daughter and I did NH back in June and didn't get the added insurance there either. I admit there is a greater possibility of damage at the NH location than at Moab but if you listen to the guide and follow their directions, you'll be fine.

Sponsored

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like they say, it's 'peace of mind'. It's not just trail damage that you need to worry about. The Wildtrak we got started throwing all kinds of error codes after driving in slow motion & 4L all day. Wouldn't go into any GOAT mode after that. They told me not to worry about it because I'd gotten the insurance. Just know that these things are very complicated and all kinds of things could happen given the unusual things that you put it through on that day.

n8dogg2000g

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Jeep CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Heading to offrodeo in Moab in a few weeks and I’m wondering if I should buy the $75 damage waiver. From what I’m reading it only covers up to $3500.

The entire reason for offrodeo to even exist is to take their Broncos through pretty rough terrain…supervised.

Is the waiver to cover the weak steering gear?
I did the NH Offrodeo and was impressed with what they had us do. I got the insurance as a piece of mind. I did snag the rear bumper on a tree. Our guide was directing me and I was going slow. There was definitely damage and he brushed it off….not sure that it was because I had the insurance….I think it was more that they understand that things happen as long as you are being respectful and listening to directions.

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did the off roadeo last april in Nevada, there was no need to purchase the waiver, besides you are following other broncos and travelling very slow and the instructor is in the lead and letting you know what's coming next.
Sponsored