Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R Nine T, R1200RS, Outback, Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I've been wrenching on aircraft for 38 years and have come to the conclusion that aerospace engineers and designers are the most evil bastards on the face of the earth. Especially the guys at Grumman.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look, I eat meat, but the vegan carbon footprint is low so they are literally saving the rainforests.
Engineers are the ones who came up with wind turbines, nuclear stations, solar panels, etc. My statement still stands.

;)

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Denny Swift

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
718 Spyder, 992 GTS, Citroen 2CV, Husky FE350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Every car, airplane, highway, bridge, airport, train, subway, etc, etc, was designed by an engineer. This would be a forum about the 4-legged, one-horse-power, single seat bronco if we didn't have engineers. And the streets would be 12' deep in horse poo because engineers design the sewer systems too.

sasbend2

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Fox body, 2014 Mustang GT, 2006 F150 SC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Being a machinist and welder for the last 35 plus years I have my own opinion on engineers lol.

sasbend2

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Fox body, 2014 Mustang GT, 2006 F150 SC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
But it worked perfect on their computer. ?
If I had $5.00 for each time I was told that I would have one heck of a down payment ?

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Saying 'I am an Engineer' is not the new 'I am a Vegan'.

As an Engineer, trust me, we don't just go around telling everyone.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, they are eating the Rainforest.
By not eating meat, they do not require clearcutting rainforests to have massive plots of land for cattle. Plus producing pound of beef requires 36 times the carbon footprint as a pound of asparagus. This contributes to regulating global temps, which if everybody did it, would also save the rainforests.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In my first career as a drafter, I was working primarily with engineers: mechanical, electrical, optical, and even a couple of biotech engineers. I could never do what they do and admire the ones who can.

As I often tell my students who are thinking about pursuing engineering... It is job uses a crazy amount of both your left and right brain. A lot of creative people struggle with math and a lot of people who find math easy struggle with being creative. But a good engineer has to be good at both.?

I don't necessarily think the comment about "the new vegan" should be limited to engineers. I found that a lot a people with careers that take over your life and start to affect who you are as a human being, are the people who often tell others what they do because it is part of who they are: nurses, lawyers, musicians, teachers, artists, etc.

I rarely told anyone what I did for a living during the nineteen years I did drafting, unless they asked. But everyone knows what I do for a living now (including all y'all) because it is part of who I am.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Engineers must be able to laugh at themselves. Wait, the ones I've had rarely had a personality! lol

Accountants can laugh at ourselves, especially when we're glad we're not engineers.

Is there where I can add that at least engineers have a purpose!? Thank you, God, for them so we don't die.
Sponsored