Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I mean, you'll probably be able to get a lift and 37s on the Bronco for the price of Sasquatch too so that's not exactly an advantage.

And SFA is a preference, not an advantage. I personally don't want an SFA vehicle and would never buy a Wrangler/Gladiator because of it.

Finally, there needs to be a moratorium on this "soccer mom" nonsense. It's clearly being used in a derogatory manner and violates the rules of the forum.
Youā€™re right - though I have posted several places to each their own on intended use and supported people whose family requirements were driving their decision.

Weā€™ll go with suburban users ... and the term is meant to describe use without prejudice.
Sponsored

BabyDoc1012

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra, 2019 Ascent
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was talking to a Wrangler-owner friend of mine about the mirrors and he said he bought after-market mirrors. That suggests that even Wrangler owners see the mirrors as a deficiency. It also suggests that the difference between the Wrangler's 300 after-market items and Broncos 200 may be in part items the Bronco doesn't need "fixing". :ROFLMAO:
Actually, if I remember right donā€™t think Jeep actually sells the doors off mirrors. They donā€™t sell the conversion kit that allows you to use the stock mirrors without your doors. LOL. But now they have 50 touch up paint kits though! ?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thatā€™s initial quality in the first 3 months. Not a metric of reliability.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if they'd like to add to their list, "Consumer Reports: 2020 Jeep Wrangler third from bottom of the list for least reliable vehicle."

Sponsored

Undecided

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco, 2002 Tacoma, 2015 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And even if you cant take off the mirrors you can still compare where the mirrors are located to where they would be on the jeep with the doors on and they are basically in the same spot. Its not like the mirrors on the bronco are extended and will smack into the trees on the trail.
accessories-concept-trail-rig-concept-2-door-6-jpg.jpg
The JL Wrangler overall width is 73.8", the wheels/fenders are the widest point.
The new Bronco is 86.2" with mirrors, 75.9" without. With mirrors, the Bronco is 12.4" wider than the Wrangler.

This is a dimension I put into heavy consideration. Many trails in my area recommend against full-size vehicles (85" wide max) and many go as narrow as 80" or 82". Have seen restrictions as narrow as 75" max width.

The wider stance has advantages, but will definitely be tighter in the trails. Might be mandatory to remove the mirrors on some trails - by wrench or by tree.

mackspayne

Base
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is cute. Ford basically won't even say Wrangler and Jeep is over here like "Hey guys we still got some cool stuff" "Don't you want manual windows on a $30K+ vehicle?"

I'm guessing this is probably how the meeting went down before they put together this info sheet.

PapaJoeBRONCO

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The JL Wrangler overall width is 73.8", the wheels/fenders are the widest point.
The new Bronco is 86.2" with mirrors, 75.9" without. With mirrors, the Bronco is 12.4" wider than the Wrangler.

This is a dimension I put into heavy consideration. Many trails in my area recommend against full-size vehicles (85" wide max) and many go as narrow as 80" or 82". Have seen restrictions as narrow as 75" max width.

The wider stance has advantages, but will definitely be tighter in the trails. Might be mandatory to remove the mirrors on some trails - by wrench or by tree.
You ARE aware that the mirrors on the Bronco have the capacity to 'fold in' when needed thus reducing the overall width considerably (probably about 12" would be my guess) ????!!

And on the flip side... can't use a mirror that isn't there. Even when you need one; it still isn't there. But having one to use by simply flipping it out sure seems handy to me.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Annotation 2020-08-20 100013.jpg

I'm not sure I would be bragging that my $6,000 optional turbodiesel only makes 10% more torque than the 2.7 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Built by an Italian company and also locks you into an automatic.

And while the torque is great, diesels have historically terrible sales in the US.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They conveniently neglected to include the biggest Bronco advantage:

NOT A FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILE.

Jeep is failing to account for Bronco buyers like myself: I'd never buy a Jeep because of the build quality, reliability issues, and the Jeep owner stigma. Sure, plenty of the less-than-ideal Jeep owners will buy a Bronco, but Jeep carries the biggest douchebag following of any automotive niche in the world. I'd rather drive a fartcan-equipped Honda over an angry-unibrowed mall crawler Jeep.
They are the ricers from the early 2000's. Think about it. They are older now and can afford more than just Pepboys adhesive parts.

Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Probably right, but like someone else mentioned I will look for jeeps to park next to.lol
No doubt! Iā€™m loving this. I prefer the looks of the Wrangler, but really appreciate what theyā€™ve done with the Bronco. Canā€™t wait to start seeing these machines on the road!

I3RONCO

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyotas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bye bye monopoly. Now maybe that crap reliability rating Jeep Wrangler has had for decades might be an issue if Bronco scores even ā€œmarginalā€. Hard to spend 50K on a vehicle that scores ā€œpoorā€ year after year.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some Jeep propaganda I found.

bronco vs jeep proaganda 1.jpg
bronco vs jeep proaganda 2.jpg
bronco vs jeep proaganda 3.jpg
bronco vs jeep proaganda 4.jpg
I like how FCA brags about Jeeps long history when Chrysler didnā€™t buy jeep until 1987 from AMC and Fiat didnā€™t buy Chrysler until 2014.

uturn

Big Bend
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat Spider124
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Bronco: the sincerest form of flattery. lol. They need to get over themselves. Having previously owned a Land Rover Disco back when they looked good, I can tell that what Ford has done is incorporate a lot of Land Rover characteristics into the Bronco, surely appropriated during the time period that Ford owned Land Rover/Jaguar.

All of these GOAT modes were on Land Rovers. The stadium seating, even the "safari" body style of the Bronco Sport. And of course the off-road capabilities and technology has to be informed by Ford's knowledge of Land Rover.

If anyone should be putting out a "flattery" comparison sheet, it's Land Rover. Wranglers unfortunately are not fun to drive on actual roads. Here's hoping the Bronco will be more like Land Rover for asphalt driving.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, notice they only want to put the Rubicon up against the Black Diamond... even in their literature. Still would go with the BD.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.