Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When installing something aftermarket, do they have to take out a bunch of panels to wire things in, and there's a risk of something breaking? Complete beginner at this
It will look like 40 miles of bad road when they start. Panels off, wire hanging all over, but picking the right installer is the key to a good job. Myself I just checked the "LUX' option box. Along with the B&O there were only items in the package I wanted. And like you, I am hesitant to have the interior pulled apart in my new vehicles.

Last edited:
OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, seems like just doing Lux might have been a better option for me, but I think if I upgraded my order now it would jump me to the MY2022.5 price, makong the Lux upgrade technically $3,500 over the High I currently have.

Don't think it's worth it at that price, so I guess I'll try aftermarket and cross my fingers

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Drove a Lux yesterday, was not impressed with the stereo. For a 10 speaker system the placement and depth of sound are not even on par with my xlt F150. My take away is I don't like the dual zone setup or stereo. I am usually the opposite but your really not getting more with either on the bronco.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If you want a decent system at lower volumes, yes. For $50 front dash upgrades, you can make the base system much, much better. There will still be no bass though. I personally have replaced every B&O speaker in my truck. Its low quality and poorly mixed.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The B&O is pretty bad for a “premium” upgrade. If you don’t care about the other lux features definitely skip it. Could have a MUCH better system for the upgrade cost. Or keep the B&O and upgrade all the components. I’m about $1k in on my upgrade (DIY) and it’s now a good system.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you want a decent system at lower volumes, yes. For $50 front dash upgrades, you can make the base system much, much better. There will still be no bass though. I personally have replaced every B&O speaker in my truck. Its low quality and poorly mixed.
I searched your posts (I swear I really did), but do you have a detail of what you used for replacements? I'm looking for a nice plug and play option using existing locations and head unit. I do have the B&O.

Ironically, the loaner 2020 F150 my dealer provided while my motor is replaced, has a base system and it is truly terrible. I was underwhelmed by the B&O until I realized how terrible "stock" is. I'd still like more clarity and sound quality vs. pure volume, and I truly understand the constraints imposed by the vehicle's design.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered High then read some good reviews on B&O so I tried to switch to Lux. Dealer said it wouldn't take. Then I read a lot of threads on audio upgrades. By the time the dealer figured out how to change the package I had changed my mind. Added the builtin Nav and stayed with High. Maybe if I spent less time on bronco6g.com I'd be more more decisive, albeit less informed 🤔

OP
OP

broncoToBe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered High then read some good reviews on B&O so I tried to switch to Lux. Dealer said it wouldn't take. Then I read a lot of threads on audio upgrades. By the time the dealer figured out how to change the package I had changed my mind. Added the builtin Nav and stayed with High. Maybe if I spent less time on bronco6g.com I'd be more more decisive, albeit less informed 🤔
Same, know I'm looking forward to putting a sub in and changing the speakers myself, seems like it will be cheaper than the Lux upgrade just for the B&O

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was wavering on getting the LUX and the B&O. I can definitively say that I would not enjoy this vehicle as much without those features. Especially the sound system. It’s loud and it thumps!

Last edited:

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was wavering on getting the lid and the B&O. I can definitively say that I would not enjoy this vehicle as much without those features. Especially the sound system. It’s loud and it thumps!
Are you saying that you have the B&O and it thumps?

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, I love it!
Great, I look forward to my Bronco when it comes . . . with the B&O system. I consider myself to be an audiophile and know that the system will not be anything remotely close to "high end", but I also know it will be better than any base system and at least it should hold its own in the ranks of most other so-called "premium" OE systems. It might not the best one out there but it will get the job done and serve its purpose with a decent soundstage. I have read many other posts from others who, like you, really like the system, thanks for the review.

Robosurgass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here's the professional build in my 2 door base.

Rockford Fosgate 5 way Amp. T1000X5AD ( fits easily under drivers seat)
Alpine 4 inch speakers S-S40 in dash and rear.
Alpine 6.5 inch speakers S-S65 in driver and passenger panels.
Focal slim enclosure w 8 inch sub PSB200. Fits beautifully on the side of the cargo area not taking up much space.

The audio system IMO is ridiculous! Reminds me of high school when my system was worth more than the vehicle.

If going this route, definitely find a reputable company. I used a company that has been doing this for over 40 years. In fact, they installed the audio system in my first car.

Full build for under $2,500. Cant even tell they were even in the vehicle.

Shout out to Kurtz Car Stereo in Traverse City, MI!

20220319_075608.jpg

20220319_074834.jpg

20220319_074824.jpg

20220319_074623.jpg
Sponsored