Sponsored

Is the BRONCO magic real and lasting or will Ford destroy it?

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed. Instead of 7 trim levels there should be 2, and option the rest. 7 is too many for one vehicle. It's the same vehicle...

i-feel-like-im-taking-crazy-pills.jpg
Less is more!

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
they already destroyed it with those crazy prices for the upgrades ?
You know, I have a feeling that the enthusiasts at Ford pushed away the bean counters when designing and developing the Bronco's basic goodness but the bean counters took their revenge with the options availability at different trim levels and the pricing.
They gotta make the Bronco a success financially.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

they already destroyed it with those crazy prices for the upgrades ?
Looking at B/P for f150 the upgrades don't match bronco pricing,hope they get they collective arses together and be consistant across vehicle lines.

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does the Sasquatch package on the F150 cost less?
was more meaning the 2.7 /auto upgrade and mid/lux packs,as for squatchin you F150 I do lots of them at work,you can bring yours in to lol

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They'll have an uphill battle to not kill the bronco in one generation

It's not a Jeep, and jeep owns a large portion of the off road market

It's an off road vehicle, so when people compare it to a highlander or pilot or explorer they'll wonder why it's so expensive/loud/small/inefficient

Bronco is an emotional purchase because really it's inferior as a day to day car. It's a sacrifice of usability for style.

It's almost like a little 2seat convertible, fun and cool but it's better as a 3rd family car than a daily driver.

I like the bronco, it's cool. But with a realistic thought process the bronco really doesn't do anything better than a CR-V would do in my usage case and it's actually worse in quite a few metrics.

The people who don't off road, and never plan to off road will be who make or kill the bronco.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
was more meaning the 2.7 /auto upgrade and mid/lux packs,as for squatchin you F150 I do lots of them at work,you can bring yours in to lol
It was a jesting illustration of the apples to oranges comparison.

The F150 starts with a V6 and automatic transmission not a 2.3L and a manual. The 10 speed AT on the 2.3L Mustang is...wait for it...$1595

The 2.7L on an F150 is $995...but it starts with a different engine entirely. Is there $900 difference between the 2.3L and the 3.3L? No concrete data?

F150 Supercrew Lariat mid package is only $1300, but the XLT Mid is $2150 with $4345 Luxury (which is $6765 for the Lariat). Your Big Bend would be more comparable to an XLT and you want to pay $2150 for the mid package? I think they were fair marketing numbers in the survey.

*Thanks for the offer, but I can wrench my own. I'll probably wear out the 33s on the Badlands before I upgrade to 37s unless I end up at a stoplight next to a 'Squatch'ed Bronco before then, haha

Todkavonic

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ducati, Guzzi, and the Jeep.
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Do you think Ford knows and understands what they have created?

Do you think the new sixth generation 2021 Bronco is the best it will ever be only to deteriorate into mediocrity just like the original Miata, the original NSX and the first generation Z?

What do you think?

To question #1, I think that they're trying to sell cars, no more, no less. If you somehow drop a soul into the thing that rolled off the assembly line in Wayne, hey that's cake.

To question #2, No. It'll evolve just like the Wrangler. Whether that means into mediocrity 5 or 10 years down the line will be subjective. Some, I'm sure, will say it lost its magic. Others, no doubt, will say that they can't imagine buying a vehicle without a 26 inch touchscreen, humane spider traps, and autonomous driving capabilities.

Nate

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For me, the Bronco is completely an emotional purchase. I could have bought a new SUV years ago. From the moment Ford announced a new Bronco, I decided to wait. No vehicle I had as a rental or test drove did anything for me. I want to feel passionate about the truck I drive. I think Ford hit a grand slam with how the G6 looks. Yeah, it's not the most practical vehicle, but will be a huge upgrade over my beloved Escape.

Sponsored

FastM400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Navigator L, Wrangler JKU, Noble M400
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

However, even for manufacturers it is not always easy to know what they may have created. The original 90’s HONDA/Acura NSX, the Toyota Supra TT of the same era were very special but both manufacturers stopped production instead of continuing their development and refinement.
When they finally realized their folly and tried to recapture the magic with the new NSX and more recently the new Supra they failed. The magic was gone.
Im not really on topic but I would own a new NSX in a heartbeat if I was in the market...If one dropped to a reasonable price....I get the Honda/Acura messed up but its a great car and the fact that you never see them makes it even more desirable to me...so good for me if it failed because I would get one and I think most people will double take when it goes cruising by....

We have alot of Ford lovers who own jeeps that are excited about Bronco...thats pretty encouraging to me that the Bronco brand will stay and wont fall flat...but even if it does I plan on owning a Bronco, as long as theres no death wobble...I can even deal with a leaky top, but I hope it doesnt have one, guess we will find out.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is the Bronco magic real and will it last?

We enthusiasts have a different perspective of the Bronco. It is an SUV but the thing is we know it’s not just another SUV; there is more.
The proportions, the stance, the way you feel when you look at it....it is almost as if the darn thing looks right back at you and knows that it is special and alive and quite capable of reminding more than a few of us of a different place and time.

No inanimate object has a soul but some, especially cars, in rare cases, at least seem to. The new Bronco is one such rare vehicle.

So when we finally get to bring one of these beauties home, it will be a special day, a special occasion.

However, even for manufacturers it is not always easy to know what they may have created. The original 90’s HONDA/Acura NSX, the Toyota Supra TT of the same era were very special but both manufacturers stopped production instead of continuing their development and refinement.
When they finally realized their folly and tried to recapture the magic with the new NSX and more recently the new Supra they failed. The magic was gone.

Porsche on the other hand ignored some naysayers who felt the 911 would never succeed as a sports car, what with the engine hanging behind the rear axle! The 911 magic survived while many other sports cars came and went.

What Ford has been able to do is truly very rare in bringing an icon back with all the magic and the soul of the original intact and if it is possible, perhaps even more pure at least in its form and function. It is no wonder the Bronco has charmed the automotive world as it has.

Is it possible that Ford may try too hard to “improve” upon the Bronco in the coming years and so ruin it? It’s possible. It happened to the original lovely Datsun 240z. At least Ford was able to resurrect the Mustang in the last generation after mutilating the superb original design. So perhaps Ford knows a thing or two about resurrecting greatness and so will refrain from destroying the lovely and lovable Bronco.

Do you think the new sixth generation 2021 Bronco is the best it will ever be only to deteriorate into mediocrity just like the original Miata, the original NSX and the first generation Z?

What do you think?
Very well written, this is good.

Although those of us who are enthusiasts and wheelers are in the minority, we set the tone for the prism through which all others will view a vehicle. Most Wrangler owners aren't crawlers, but many purchased in order to look like one they saw and thought looked cool. Some may decide to give it a shot themselves.

Ford know's they have a winner here, they have experience doing the retro resurrection thing with what they did with Mustang in the 90's and continue to this day.

With the factory mods the bronco has, it will easily become whatever buyers envision it to be. It'll look good as a street machine, as a crawler, trail rig, or desert or beach bomber.

Bronco is a true Swiss Army Knife vehicle and is a generational release. The image is set from the classics that we all drool over now, yet its bigger and more versatile; it's gonna be great to see Bronco out in the wild (get it? Ha! ?) and see the vision of what owners create.

Although expensive, Americans have demonstrated that we have money and will burn it for what we want.

quattroa4m

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is the Bronco magic real and will it last?

We enthusiasts have a different perspective of the Bronco. It is an SUV but the thing is we know it’s not just another SUV; there is more.
The proportions, the stance, the way you feel when you look at it....it is almost as if the darn thing looks right back at you and knows that it is special and alive and quite capable of reminding more than a few of us of a different place and time.

No inanimate object has a soul but some, especially cars, in rare cases, at least seem to. The new Bronco is one such rare vehicle.

So when we finally get to bring one of these beauties home, it will be a special day, a special occasion.

Porsche on the other hand ignored some naysayers who felt the 911 would never succeed as a sports car, what with the engine hanging behind the rear axle! The 911 magic survived while many other sports cars came and went.

What Ford has been able to do is truly very rare in bringing an icon back with all the magic and the soul of the original intact and if it is possible, perhaps even more pure at least in its form and function. It is no wonder the Bronco has charmed the automotive world as it has.

Is it possible that Ford may try too hard to “improve” upon the Bronco in the coming years and so ruin it? It’s possible. It happened to the original lovely Datsun 240z. At least Ford was able to resurrect the Mustang in the last generation after mutilating the superb original design. So perhaps Ford knows a thing or two about resurrecting greatness and so will refrain from destroying the lovely and lovable Bronco.

What do you think?
Ford has done well with the F150, but managed to screw the pooch with the latest Explorer.

Apparently Ford management gets that the F Series is what keeps Ford afloat as hundreds of thousands of F Series are sold every year.

Ford tanked the Explorer with a bad redesign and the subsequent sales show the result.

For the Bronco, it depends if it can attain cult status like the F150 within Ford. If not, they're liable to let the Explorer design group get their hands on it and it will die a long slow tortured death.

OP
OP
zaki

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If the Bronco is better than the Wrangler then it maybe the wrangler that goes away.
Or even better, if the Wrangler is forced to improve and in turn forces the Bronco to stay on its toes. ;)
Sponsored