Sponsored

Is there anything where I can fit my 8 pod Baja design light bar with the oem roof rack ?

Hgaribay87

Base
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is there anything where I can fit my 8 pod Baja design light bar with the oem roof rack ?
Ford Bronco Is there anything where I can fit my 8 pod Baja design light bar with the oem roof rack ? image
Ford Bronco Is there anything where I can fit my 8 pod Baja design light bar with the oem roof rack ? image
Sponsored

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Is there anything where I can fit my 8 pod Baja design light bar with the oem roof rack ? 1694534507628

Attached are the measurements of our XL linkable. Even though the video is very useful we would not recommend modifying the harness. The XL Linkable does not have the dimming feature so you will not need the connect the green wire. We would recommend to simply not connect the green wire.

Best,

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The kit will not work with the OEM roof rack, as the OEM rack is using the mounting points for the XL Kit. The OEM roof rack does not have mounting points for lights. So you won't be able to use it

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

DO NOT do what this person did in the video regarding the wiring. That wire up there is NOT rated for the XL Linkable Kit. The XL Linkable kit uses 16 amps of juice. That wire is FARRRRRRRRRR too small to carry 16 amps of current! DO NOT do that please.

To do it right you need to use the supplier wiring harness from Baja and run it directly to the upfitters in the engine bay. Baja and KC sell a wire hider for this purpose and it's what we use on all of our customer trucks. You COULD drill a hole to route the wire, but I would not do that, as you now have a hole in your roof.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey 4x4TruckLEDs.com,

The harness they are using in the video is a OnX6/S8/XL Upfitter Wiring Harness - Universal. We use 12ga wire on our harness which is safe to use with an 8 linkable that is putting out 16amps. Those harnesses come standard with our Ford XL Linkable Roof Mount Light Kit - Ford 2021-23 Bronco; 2022-23 Bronco. We DO NOT recommend cutting open the harness as seen on the video.
Best,
That's not what we're talking about here... we're talking about the Ford wiring they left us as a pass-through wire. The Ford wire is not thick enough to provide adequate power/amperage for your light bar setup...

Baja Designs

Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's not what we're talking about here... we're talking about the Ford wiring they left us as a pass-through wire. The Ford wire is not thick enough to provide adequate power/amperage for your light bar setup...
You are 100% correct . We DONT RECOMMEND wiring up this bar as shown in the video. Please use the harnesses that are provided with the kit and follow the instructions that you can find here. Ford XL Linkable Roof Mount Light Kit - Ford 2021-23 Bronco; 2022-23 Bronco.

Best,
Sponsored