Sponsored

Island Ford in Duncan, British Columbia selling a Badlands for $30k over MSRP.

notbuildingrockets

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond, 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I haven't seen this yet in Canada, certainly not in Ontario (I'm not sure dealerships here are allowed to)... They have 9 new Bronco's on their website selling for $15-30k over MSRP. That is insane.

Ford Bronco Island Ford in Duncan, British Columbia selling a Badlands for $30k over MSRP. Badlands

Here are the rest of their Broncos.

It's so gross to see, but I'm not sure what can be done. They can ask whatever they want for the vehicles and in theory, if the price is actually absurd, no one will buy them and they'll be forced to lower their prices or lose business. Obviously, someone is buying them at these prices, right? Or, maybe it's a negotiating tactic. They know they're not going to sell at that price, so I'll tell you what, if you buy this thing today, I'm going to knock $10k off the asking price, how's that?
Sponsored

ShyBronco

Raptor
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I haven't seen this yet in Canada, certainly not in Ontario (I'm not sure dealerships here are allowed to)... They have 9 new Bronco's on their website selling for $15-30k over MSRP. That is insane.

Badlands.png

Here are the rest of their Broncos.

It's so gross to see, but I'm not sure what can be done. They can ask whatever they want for the vehicles and in theory, if the price is actually absurd, no one will buy them and they'll be forced to lower their prices or lose business. Obviously, someone is buying them at these prices, right? Or, maybe it's a negotiating tactic. They know they're not going to sell at that price, so I'll tell you what, if you buy this thing today, I'm going to knock $10k off the asking price, how's that?
Nothing can be done they had basically the badlands I built and ordered but they listed it over 100k Iā€™m glad they didnā€™t come down for me because I held out and now my order is for a Raptorā€¦ but who knows how long that will take šŸ˜¢ canā€™t wait to get out on the trails once I get it though šŸ˜‰ and Iā€™ve called dealers all over Canada there were some Raptors on lots in Alberta and I was willing to make that drive to pick one up but sadly theyā€™re all marked up.. not willing to pay 150k for it

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Then don't buy it. Pretty simple. If the dealership is able to find someone dumb enough to pay a markup good for the dealer.

Sponsored

andersman02

Big Bend
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend 2.7l SaS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Then don't buy it. Pretty simple. If the dealership is able to find someone dumb enough to pay a markup good for the dealer.
This.

The dealers own the vehicles, they can ask for whatever they want. If someone wants to pay it ok.

No different then selling something on Facebook marketplace, you can ask for what ever, doesn't mean you'll get it....or maybe you will., or maybe someone who is selling the same thing will sell 10x for every 1 you sell Supply and demand, simple concept that so many on these sites fail to understand.

Unfortunately it's the way dealers are set up, hopefully that changes

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have only ever bought one vehicle that had an additional dealer profit markup on the window sticker. That was my 2005 Mustang. When I went into negotiations the first thing I told them was they could cross out that number immediately, because I would be happy to buy a plane ticket to get to a dealer 1000 miles away to get the right price if I had to. They came up with something like "well, because you're local we'll adjust the price". But I was serious about not paying extra, but also serious about buying it right then.

Fortunately, since I ordered my Bronco, the local dealer honored the MSRP and didn't even try to get any additional money in any of the usual ways.
Sponsored