Sponsored

It’s been a year… how long will this go on?

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Since you gave up, just curious why you’re still lurking here?
Well, not that it’s your business what I do, but I still have a Bronco order.

It appears that you didn’t read the whole thread where I said I ended up 99ing my order. I never stopped liking the vehicle, I’m just not someone that has brand loyalty, and pick and choose my purchases.

I have a limited number of summers with my daughters, and since it was obvious I wasn’t going to get a MY21, which is what I wanted,I decided that I would give Ford a year to pull their head out of there butt and look at a 23.

I am a member with a first day order that now has a jeep. If that makes me a lurker that shouldn’t be here then you essentially nailed how Ford has made me feel.

What’s your excuse for lurking here?

Last edited:

4everbored

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nada
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who knows how much longer this mess will continue. I'm in for the long wait due to ordering a 2 door and the dealer allocation only being 21. On the plus side. That gives aftermarket time to get to market before I get my bronco

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well, not that it’s your business what I do, but I still have a Bronco order.

It appears that you didn’t read the whole thread where I said I ended up 99ing my order. I never stopped liking the vehicle, I’m just not someone that has brand loyalty, and pick and choose my purchases.

I have a limited number of summers with my daughters, and since it was obvious I wasn’t going to get a MY21, which is what I wanted,I decided that I would give Ford a year to pull their head out of there butt and look at a 23.

I am a member with a first day order that now has a jeep. If that makes me a lurker that shouldn’t be here then you essentially nailed how Ford has made me feel.

What’s your excuse for lurking here?
Haha. Fair enough and sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought 99 was canceling order. I’m waiting on mine as well. Got a vin# on 7/1 and hope to have it by the end of next month. Again, apologies for the misunderstanding and not knowing what 99 meant

Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Haha. Fair enough and sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought 99 was canceling order. I’m waiting on mine as well. Got a vin# on 7/1 and hope to have it by the end of next month. Again, apologies for the misunderstanding and not knowing what 99 meant
No worries, I can understand the misconception. 🙃

HanleyCreative

Black Diamond
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This may seem like a very dumb question. I've seen a couple of videos saying if you place an order and then test drive it but don't like it you are NOT obligated to accept delivery. Is this true?

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This may seem like a very dumb question. I've seen a couple of videos saying if you place an order and then test drive it but don't like it you are NOT obligated to accept delivery. Is this true?
Sure, unless your dealer made you give them a non-refundable deposit, which some did. Otherwise, you have no obligation and will get your $100.00 back.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty sure Ford advised a year ago that deliveries wouldn’t start until the following summer. Which they are. You put in a reservation knowing full well it would be a year, not sure what your point is here. Last I checked summer wasn’t over.
Well, delivery != build date/estiamte notification. Most/all of us realize that deliveries would be at least a year off, what we didn't realize (largely because Ford promised to give us approximate ETAs by the end of May) is that such a large percentage of us would literally have not the slightest clue when our trucks would be built a year later. Like not even know what calendar year it is most likely to be built in.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sure, unless your dealer made you give them a non-refundable deposit, which some did. Otherwise, you have no obligation and will get your $100.00 back.
I bet even if your dealer did pull some shady shit like this, it wouldnt take much to get most to cough it up. The dealer wins big if we don't accept delivery, they turn around, mark it up 5-10k+ and sell it within days.

Hell if they refuse to refund you and you have some spare time, I bet a person could finance 100% of the purchase and sell it privately for more than MSRP + sales tax right now.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got reservation confirmation 1 year ago today. I placed my reservation on 7/13/20 and got my confirmation email the following day. I have a basesquatch on order with aux switches, mod bumper, floor mats, door & roof bags, 10 spd auto 2.3 with mic top. I am not posting this to complain, i am posting this out of nostalgia, since i reserved this thing a year ago. I feel like a year ago i would have thought i was crazy if i still didnt have a build date in sight a year from then. Would i have even preordered knowing that? I cant be sure i would have. I am still as excited as i was a year ago and each little drop of aftermarket gear and accessories gets me even more excited, but really how long can this go on? I have dreams of modding my bronco with cool parts & accessories, but it seems so wrong to buy these things without even knowing if i am going to get a 2021 model year bronco. This is killing me😵💫🤕😂
Didn’t read the whole thread, but I’m fully prepared to wait until I’m comfortable with the production issues and hang tight with 99 status. If that’s 2023 and beyond, that’s what I’m prepared to do. It’s a personal choice, but I have control over it and being comfortable with the quality Ford is delivering. We’ll see how this evolves.
Sponsored