Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For those of us waiting for Mansquatch, the wait could go into spring of 2022! Add another year to early reservation holder wait time. Ive been obsessed with the Bronco since I heard it was coming back so I think I can wait.

While researching Bronco colors, I ended up looking at Mustang GTs and GT350s and now Iā€™m having bad thoughts Lol.
Haha godspeed. Those are two different types of vehicles though. Mustang vs Bronco. Sounds like you want a cool ride while op has a use case deciding between two trucks.
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are lots of cool ass vehicles out there
I did get my oil change two weeks ago at my Toyota dealership on my taco, they had a brand new TRD Pro taco on the lot that was sexy as hell. I went and looked at it. But thatā€™s as far as it went. Iā€™ve had a love affair with the bronco since about 1979. Thatā€™s my lasting memory of riding in my Dads ā€˜73
So ya there are some sharp ass trucks out there but the moment I bought one and then seen a new bronco rollin down the street I wouldnā€™t be able to kick my own ass hard enough...
I just canā€™t do it...
I hear you. I would literally go car less if it wasn't the Bronco as my next ride

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What about buying a beater pickup cheap to carry canoe ? I wouldnt want to miss a summer either and then wait for the bronco to arrive .
You could even swich dd duties between nova and truck to keep it interesting.

aternie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am in the same boat. I sold my truck a couple of weeks ago because someone offered me a lot more money than I paid for it last year. Now my wife and I are sharing one car hoping we can hold out until the bronco comes out. I have an early reservation (July 14). I can wait until summer, but another COVID shutdown and it might be a new TRD off-road for me.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am in the same boat. I sold my truck a couple of weeks ago because someone offered me a lot more money than I paid for it last year. Now my wife and I are sharing one car hoping we can hold out until the bronco comes out. I have an early reservation (July 14). I can wait until summer, but another COVID shutdown and it might be a new TRD off-road for me.
Selling my car today in fact. It's 10 years old and the longer I wait, the less pennies it'll be worth. I currently live in the city, work from home,, and take public transportation or share my fiances car to get around. Should be fine til summer/fall

Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about buying a beater pickup cheap to carry canoe ? I wouldnt want to miss a summer either and then wait for the bronco to arrive .
You could even swich dd duties between nova and truck to keep it interesting.
I might do something like this also. I've been thinking seriously about getting back into wood working and building projects, possibly a side business doing it. I sold all my stuff a few years back when I was forced into an apartment by circumstances. Either way, the Bronco isn't suited for hauling wood. So I've been thinking the last few days about getting a nice truck now or a beater truck for hauling.

OP
OP
trivletrav

trivletrav

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you all for your responses, it was interesting to me to see some thoughts on this from differing perspectives. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one wavering or finding other vehicles that interest me as well.

I don't think I'm going to get the ram. It's far too big, and unnecessarily thirsty, even if it is cool.

I think it's worth mentioning that there are a LOT of cool vehicles out there right now. I'm 32 years old and I don't remember a time in my life where there has been such a variety of genuinely good cars on the market at the same time. I work at a Hyundai dealer and we just got the new '21 Elantra in and before you say anything, I think it's a damn good looking car. It doesn't photograph well I'll say that, but in person it looks incredible and if they come out with a Elantra Sport (or N) version, it would definitely give the civic si a good run for it's money. The Taco looks good, the teaser photos for the new Frontier are promising, the ram like I mentioned is cool, and I'll admit to a casual interest in the gladiator. I like the concept, I just wish there was a 2 door version. I hear fca is bringing back the 'Cuda which will be very interesting to see how they screw that up lol.

Bottom line is that there are a lot of cars, a lot more than I mentioned here, that are very cool and available today now. I know the Bronco will be worth the wait, but damn if I hate waiting!

jboes13

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold my 2017 Shelby GT350 in anticipation of this ride being revealed. I am with you on the wait, I have plans to go overlanding next summer. Although when it does arrive. I know it's gonna be a great ride! I'm still very excited ?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As a back up plan, I am thinking about a 6M transmission 2021 tacoma pro.

Sponsored

Mr Big

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™ve had a lot of different thoughts running through my head....

-spend close to 60k on a loaded badlands That Iā€™ve never even seen?

-wait for the new Nissan Z & spend maybe 40k?

-buy an older powerstroke for around 30k, then buy an atv for 10k?

-buy a new Toyota Supra for 55k?

Theres a lot of nice alternatives that money could go towards. I go back and forth weekly. Mainly between the bronco or the older powerstroke & quad.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The other great thing about first world problems is other people's issues are not relevant to the individual. I like most of the country never stopped working this year. There is no reason to put your life on hold.
Did you really just say that a great thing about living in a wealthy (for now) country is that you dont have to give a rip about anyone except your self? I hope for your sake that your job, home, family, or even the ground beneath your feet never disappears over night. Because a whole heck of alot of people at home and around the world have had a rough year, decade, century, and millenia. Sure live life, enjoy what you can and what you got, even if its a Dodge or Bowtie. But keep a lil heart, our species is hanging on by a thread and all we got is each other.

Sorry to be off topic but we need to remember how lucky we are to not have been born literally in the dirt somewhere that the likely hood of living to be old enough to reach the pedals is one in four.

If yall got money, spend it! Save the economy!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I broke the door handle off my truck today. I loathe to spend any more money on it. A door handle isn't much but the truck will be going to the crusher when the Bronco arrives.

It might be a long year of either climbing in the passenger side or leaving the window down all winter to open from the inside. Especially since the heater doesn't work.

Going to be a long wait until I can send that truck off to the farm.

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Haha. First world problems. Sorry, but this isn't that hard. Hundreds of thousands are outta work, can't make a mortgage payment, and are struggling to make ends meet. Waiting another year for your ride isn't the end of the world if it comes to that.
And I feel for them, I really do. But those of us lucky enough to be able to decide between giving up another summer without a truck or grabbing different vehicle and catching a later Bronco come here to the forums to talk it out.

Next time you're torn between what to have for dessert remember there are starving kids in Africa without jobs or food or medicine, so how dare you.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keeping my '12 Sierra. Last year of non onstar truck availability, so it's mine for life. The Bronco is the first vehicle I have wanted for a long time, been waiting for a few years since they announced it. Now the end is in sight. I can wait a little longer...
Sponsored