First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And I feel for them, I really do. But those of us lucky enough to be able to decide between giving up another summer without a truck or grabbing different vehicle and catching a later Bronco come here to the forums to talk it out.

Next time you're torn between what to have for dessert remember there are starving kids in Africa without jobs or food or medicine, so how dare you.
Get bent. Waiting isn't hard but reading your post sure was. If you don't like the comment, move along.
Sponsored

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm actually enjoying the wait. I've learned that having patience for anything in life is the key to a happy life. It's hard to "wait" for anything in our current culture and you can see how unhappy people are. Embrace patience and enjoy life to the fullest. Make waiting for your Bronco fun!

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get bent. Waiting isn't hard but reading your post sure was. If you don't like the comment, move along.
lol says the dude who created an account to disagree with posts ? Ford must be double-duty hiring white knights on these boards

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
lol says the dude who created an account to disagree with posts ? Ford must be double-duty hiring white knights on these boards
So we're supposed to agree with EVERYTHING on this forum? Go back to dealing cards or whatever it is you do for 'work'. ?

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So we're supposed to agree with EVERYTHING on this forum? Go back to dealing cards or whatever it is you do for 'work'. ?
If you're going to be a douche on the internet at least have the forethought not to use the same username across all of the message boards :sneaky:

Sponsored

cbarg14

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F•150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you're going to be a douche on the internet at least have the forethought not to use the same username across all of the message boards :sneaky:
Ahh..name calling. VERY third grade of you. Nothing to hide on my end. I see no need to hide behind a username.

OP
OP
trivletrav

trivletrav

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ahh..name calling. VERY third grade of you. Nothing to hide on my end. I see no need to hide behind a username.
Both y'all can fuck off.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as to the OP topic, I've always wondered how anyone could get by without a truck. If I did not have a truck, it would certainly be a priority over the Bronco. I will keep my Tacoma, as there are things I'll do with it that I won't with the Bronco. I fully understand the need to buy a truck instead of the Bronco.

OP
OP
trivletrav

trivletrav

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Challenger SXT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Actually went to a local dodge dealer this afternoon to check out what caught my eye and a couple things happened which could be construed as a "sign"

First on my way there I passed the intersection where the Ford dealer is and what do I spy? A Bronco Sport driving across! Probably there doing training or something. It has MI plates.

Second, after I got to the dodge place I saw the very truck I was lusting after in the middle of the showroom. I've never had that happen. When I go to look at a car, typically it's burried out behind several other cars and I have to wait for forever to take it for a spin. I just kind of laughed that there it was sitting so pretty and gleaming in full view. I took a similarly equipped one out for a spin instead and was surprised by a couple things:

1. It was faster than I thought it would be.
2. It was a hell of a lot higher up than I was expecting.
3. I was impressed by the quality

I don't think I could live with that stupid knob shifter it has, and I definitely don't need a truck that big just for a canoe, but it is a very nice plan B if Ford or my dealer tries to screw me out of Plan A.

I hereby resume my watch with the rest of you. I am comforted by my decision that it would make a great Plan B vehicle.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you really just say that a great thing about living in a wealthy (for now) country is that you dont have to give a rip about anyone except your self? I hope for your sake that your job, home, family, or even the ground beneath your feet never disappears over night. Because a whole heck of alot of people at home and around the world have had a rough year, decade, century, and millenia. Sure live life, enjoy what you can and what you got, even if its a Dodge or Bowtie. But keep a lil heart, our species is hanging on by a thread and all we got is each other.

Sorry to be off topic but we need to remember how lucky we are to not have been born literally in the dirt somewhere that the likely hood of living to be old enough to reach the pedals is one in four.

If yall got money, spend it! Save the economy!
I guess you could certainly take it that way. My point was that my finances have only gotten better this year so I have no need to stop what I'm doing just because other people are out of work. Not necessarily that I don't care.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I broke the door handle off my truck today. I loathe to spend any more money on it. A door handle isn't much but the truck will be going to the crusher when the Bronco arrives.

It might be a long year of either climbing in the passenger side or leaving the window down all winter to open from the inside. Especially since the heater doesn't work.

Going to be a long wait until I can send that truck off to the farm.
Go on ebay first the easiest ,then try junkyard they are pretty easy to change out.
Dont fret the little stuff sure its going to be a hard wait im hoping that my base man squach doesnt take 2 years to build,for the first time im thinking 2.7 auto just to get it sooner?oh boy.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Go on ebay first the easiest ,then try junkyard they are pretty easy to change out.
Dont fret the little stuff sure its going to be a hard wait im hoping that my base man squach doesnt take 2 years to build,for the first time im thinking 2.7 auto just to get it sooner?oh boy.
Mostly a bit of hyperbole. Though the truck is a mess. I found a door handle on amazon for $12. Good enough.

The holes in the floor and the broken motor mount are the real issue. :ROFLMAO:

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As far as to the OP topic, I've always wondered how anyone could get by without a truck. If I did not have a truck, it would certainly be a priority over the Bronco. I will keep my Tacoma, as there are things I'll do with it that I won't with the Bronco. I fully understand the need to buy a truck instead of the Bronco.
For sure. Getting a new Bronco will in no way deter me from keeping my 2200lb payload Comanche, or even my 96 Bronco DD, or my AMC Eagle i want to put either the 5 speed from my rusty CJ or the V8 Magnum from my Grand Cherokee in. Nor will I be parting with the chassis from my 4x4 Econoline that i want to build a custom body for. These are all vehicles I either need and will continue to use or are my specialized dream makers. But any Bronco past or future will not be likely to do what my truck does in all it beat to crap glory.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm actually enjoying the wait. I've learned that having patience for anything in life is the key to a happy life. It's hard to "wait" for anything in our current culture and you can see how unhappy people are. Embrace patience and enjoy life to the fullest. Make waiting for your Bronco fun!
Now snatch pebble from my hand 80% have no idea what that meant.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mostly a bit of hyperbole. Though the truck is a mess. I found a door handle on amazon for $12. Good enough.

The holes in the floor and the broken motor mount are the real issue. :ROFLMAO:
A couple links of chain for the motor and some 2x4s between the frame and body with some self tappers holding it through the good part of the floor should do the tricks. If the body mounts are still decent you could just find some road sign and the self tappers should be good for a year or so. If you wanna save the 12 bucks you could always just take the doors off!
Sponsored