Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ahhhh - you went to Canada for the tune?

Did you have any issues running the JB4 with the Procal? Would you have stayed with that combo it if not for the IDA tune?
Yes I would have. Map 2 in the summer, map 1 for winter gas.

We found out if you get to hot on the tune the truck has safeties that will kick in to prevent damage. Thatā€™s when I put the meth on.
Sponsored

8ronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

We found out if you get to hot on the tune the truck has safeties that will kick in to prevent damage. Thatā€™s when I put the meth on.
Cool - thank you for your patience and taking the time to reply so many times. šŸ™

8ronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

One more question if you don't mind - what kind of boost !re you running up to with the IDA tune?

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One more question if you don't mind - what kind of boost !re you running up to with the IDA tune?
Tickling 24-26 per my 2.5 bar controller.

Sponsored

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like the advantage of the ProCal is transmission plus power, while the JB4 is power only. I have a JB4 on my BMW and love it but it would be tough to choose it over a tune that address transmission shifts.
Iā€™d note that I did forscan to unlock Sport mode on the badlands so that changes shift pattern on its own.

8ronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seems like the advantage of the ProCal is transmission plus power, while the JB4 is power only. I have a JB4 on my BMW and love it but it would be tough to choose it over a tune that address transmission shifts.
Iā€™d note that I did forscan to unlock Sport mode on the badlands so that changes shift pattern on its own.
I'm now running 3 computer related performance enhancements at the same time:

Ford Procal: Helps with a bit of boost and rev matching for the manual transmission.

Pedal commander: Helps majorly with accelaration or conversely, in peddle commander eco mode ok the highway I'm seeing 25mpg average at 75mph...pretty cool.

JB4: There are two very noticeable things about the JB4. It increases boost level and also holds boost for longer.

To be noted: The Procal tune was giving me about 22 psi max boost at kickdown. After installing the JB4 I was getting about 22.3 PSI max boost at kickdown, but then the JB4 would annoyingly deactivate itself...I was annoyed because I could feel that I was no longer running the JB4 map and had to open the app and select the map again, and concerned because I was thinking there was an issue with my engine that was causing the JB4 to activate a safety and deactivate itself. When going through the advanced user setting in the JB4 I realized that the boost safety was set at 22psi (nothing I've read from JB4 mentions this setting) - I changed the boost safety to 25psi since @Ground_zero298 seems to be ok at around that boost level...the JB4 is no longer deactivating and I am seeing the boost hit a little over 24psi boost - Holy cow. Lots of fun.

Running 93 octane fuel, K&N intake and hot / cold pipes (CP-E intercooler on the way), muffler delete.

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ford Procal: Helps with a bit of boost and rev matching for the manual transmission.

Pedal commander: Helps majorly with accelaration or conversely, in peddle commander eco mode ok the highway I'm seeing 25mpg average at 75mph...pretty cool.

JB4: There are two very noticeable things about the JB4. It increases boost level and also holds boost for longer.

To be noted: The Procal tune was giving me about 22 psi max boost at kickdown. After installing the JB4 I was getting about 22.3 PSI max boost at kickdown, but then the JB4 would annoyingly deactivate itself...I was annoyed because I could feel that I was no longer running the JB4 map and had to open the app and select the map again, and concerned because I was thinking there was an issue with my engine that was causing the JB4 to activate a safety and deactivate itself. When going through the advanced user setting in the JB4 I realized that the boost safety was set at 22psi (nothing I've read from JB4 mentions this setting) - I changed the boost safety to 25psi since @Ground_zero298 seems to be ok at around that boost level...the JB4 is no longer deactivating and I am seeing the boost hit a little over 24psi boost - Holy cow. Lots of fun.

Running 93 octane fuel, K&N intake and hot / cold pipes (CP-E intercooler on the way), muffler delete.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Where is the boost safety setting?

I've got a similar setup, just recently installed the AFE intake + CPE intercooler. I've already got the Jb4 and looking to order the Procal 4.

Unfortunately I can't seem to get any clarity on whether the Procal works on my car since I am in the UAE. I've sent an email to ford performance, no response yet. Just want to make sure there are no regional restrictions before I pull the trigger.

Eventually, plan is to get the blade runner charge pipes and then get some catless downpipes fabricated locally. Hopefully we have some proper tuning options by then :)

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm running both the Procal and JB4 on my 2023 2.7. Highest boost I'm seeing on the factory gauge is just under 15 psi on map 2. I've been running boost for about 30 years and while you may be able to run boost over 18 psi on pump gas, you're fighting the octane and gutting the ignition timing to get there.

JerryG

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Pedal commander on my 2.3 manual now with an EB4 on order.

Had to drop the ford tune for the Ida tune.
Can you link to or explain the Canadian Ida tune? I had no luck finding it. Thanks.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Pedal commander on my 2.3 manual now with an EB4 on order.

Can you link to or explain the Canadian Ida tune? I had no luck finding it. Thanks.
Hereā€™s the link for the website.

https://internationaldynoauthority.com/

Call and they can explain what they do. They donā€™t want us who know how itā€™s done talking about it. I paid $1000 for 201 extra hose at my wheels and 509 torque. That I can say.

8ronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Where is the boost safety setting?

I'm using the Android version of the JB4 app - the boost failsafe is located in: Settings tab / Adanced - View tuning&App configs / User Adjustment / scroll down towards the bottom and you'll see Boost Failsafe PSI

I've got a similar setup, just recently installed the AFE intake + CPE intercooler. I've already got the Jb4 and looking to order the Procal 4.

Have the K&N intake with K&N hot & cold side pipes + CPE intercooler - seems to help a bit with airflow...

Unfortunately I can't seem to get any clarity on whether the Procal works on my car since I am in the UAE. I've sent an email to ford performance, no response yet. Just want to make sure there are no regional restrictions before I pull the trigger.

To my knowledge California is the only location based restriction and aside from the mass emissions testing of the air in UAE, there are no specific emissions standards being enforced on UAE vehicles until 2050 - so you may have some time :)

Eventually, plan is to get the blade runner charge pipes and then get some catless downpipes fabricated locally. Hopefully we have some proper tuning options by then :)

The charge pipes will make a difference - the downpipes will be game changing - can't wait until someone makes set...there was some talk about the ranger DPs possibly working with the Bronco 2.3 but I'm not sure if any has ever tried it...

8ronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm running both the Procal and JB4 on my 2023 2.7. Highest boost I'm seeing on the factory gauge is just under 15 psi on map 2. I've been running boost for about 30 years and while you may be able to run boost over 18 psi on pump gas, you're fighting the octane and gutting the ignition timing to get there.
[on my 2.3 MT] With the Procal and downpipes alone I was seeing seeing 22.1 max PSI in 3rd gear on the factory boost gauge. With the JB4 I am seeing about the same on the factory gauge but close to 25 PSI on the JB4 app gauge. It is my understanding the the factory gauge doesn't see the additional boost made by the JB4...I have been wondering if this is why there is a discrepancy between the two readouts that I am seeing.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is exa
[on my 2.3 MT] With the Procal and downpipes alone I was seeing seeing 22.1 max PSI in 3rd gear on the factory boost gauge. With the JB4 I am seeing about the same on the factory gauge but close to 25 PSI on the JB4 app gauge. It is my understanding the the factory gauge doesn't see the additional boost made by the JB4...I have been wondering if this is why there is a discrepancy between the two readouts that I am seeing.
That's exactly how JB4 works. It gives the PCM a lower than actual boost value. Best to install a dedicated boost gauge to see what is really happening. My meth controller displays boost based on its own standalone sensor, and it varies from the JB4 app as well. Sometimes 3 psi higher (which could be due to lag in the app and Bluetooth connection). Even w/out the app running i can see the difference between the factory boost gauge and the meth gauge, and know the JB4 is doing its thing

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey buddy, thanks for the reply.

So just an update for those Bronco owners who are not living in the US or Canada.

I spoke with the Techs at Ford Performance regarding the Procal 4. Unfortunately it is not supported for Export cars as it is VIN locked. So each VIN has a tune setup for it. apparently export cars don't have a tune on their system :(

Guess I'm just gonna have to wait till SCT comes out with their tuning module.
Sponsored