Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford had Jeep by the short hairs and managed to blow it. Walking papers should be in order.
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It will take years for jeep to catch up. Do you think the bronco was developed over night?

It will take a minimum of 3 years a several hundred million if not a billion for jeep to match the soon to be released bronco.

And the bronco does not come with anything now. No one is getting broncos yet. With all the delays to the bronco, Jeep has plenty of time to match it or beat it and they will.

I am going to wait for a bronco, and jeep adding 35's or 37's will not change my mind, but this will keep jeep sales up when the bronco is here.

I would love for Ford to have a 7.3 v8 bronco but even the 4 cylinder has all the power I need. (your needs may be different).

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Jeep will never go IFS

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A Rubicon already cost 50k to 60k in Vegas so I am sure Jeep well add 5k more to it now this is why I have not bought a Jeep because they want to much for one

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeep will never go IFS
Yes.
Solid axles are what defines the Wrangler.
Jeep already makes plenty of other vehicles with IFS.
IFS would take away a lot from what the wrangler is .

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
It will take years for jeep to catch up. Do you think the bronco was developed over night?

It will take a minimum of 3 years a several hundred million if not a billion for jeep to match the soon to be released bronco.
It will take years for the Bronco to catch up with the Jeep. V8 and plug in hybrid are a lot time away for the Bronco.
Jeep will have 35" tires by this time next year. Not many years from now.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jeep already makes bigger vehicles , unless you think they need something bigger than the full size Grand wagoneer.
By the wrangler being smaller there are more trails it can fit on. Really the market is open for something even smaller than the Wrangler nothing is being made in that segment right now.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
V8 and big tires are easy. A whole new vehicle like the bronco is a different story. A story that will take a minimum of 3 years to become reality.

It will take years for the Bronco to catch up with the Jeep. V8 and plug in hybrid are a lot time away for the Bronco.
Jeep will have 35" tires by this time next year. Not many years from now.

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
V8 and big tires are easy. A whole new vehicle like the bronco is a different story. A story that will take a minimum of 3 years to become reality.
Jeep updated the Wrangler to a totally new vehicle just a few years ago. It does not need anything. The current Jeep Wrangler platform will be good for years.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford really found a nice hole in the Jeep segment, Jeep really doesn't have anything that is going to match the versatility of the Bronco (and won't for some time).

The 2 door Bronco is going to excel on-road (blowing the jeep away) while achieving 90+ percent of Jeeps off-road prowess in the rocks. Depending on the specific configuration. The 4 door Bronco is also likely to be better as a desert/dirt runner than anything Jeep is currently selling.

To top it all off, Ford is doing all this at a very competitive price. The Bronco Warthog/Raptor needs to be something really far more extreme than the 392 Rubicon - hopefully Ford doesn't screw it up.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You said it, the jeep does not need anything yet they are offering 35s. So why offer 35s if it does not need anything?

Jeep updated the Wrangler to a totally new vehicle just a few years ago. It does not need anything. The current Jeep Wrangler platform will be good for years.

Last edited:

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked at this the other day. Direct comparison to the badlands I have on order. Salesperson said it could come with 35's. But it was a 2.0l turbo... I can't remember the numbers he said on power and TQ... As he wasn't sure. But he thought it was around 270hp 300tq... That feels waaay under power for the 33's let alone 35's?! The 22 year old salesman was shocked about the power/TQ difference in the bronco... Anyways, the interior was decent. Leather was nice... But underwhelmed by the tech and the tiny info screens and analog dash with a little 4" basic info screen in the cluster considering the tech on the Dodge trucks. Interior space wasn't bad. Expecting the same in the bronco. Sticker price was 70k and they weren't offering incentives. The white shiny backing on the hardtop didn't look bad... Haven't been in the bronco yet so I don't know how much that big crossbar on the roof would bug. It didn't look bad but it looked like every other jeep out there.
Now. To sit in and play with a bronco.
Ford Bronco Jeep is responding to the Sasquatch package 20210529_124501
Ford Bronco Jeep is responding to the Sasquatch package 20210529_124513

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the link to the wrangler forum - now looking at Jeep... checking dealer inventory - yup there's my model :)
I'll trade you my cactus gray BD 2.3 auto with soft top for your MIC. ;)

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It depends on what you mean by “good”. Good as in selling like it has been pre-Bronco? No chance. Good as in a viable competitor to Bronco but losing market share? Yes.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked at this the other day. Direct comparison to the badlands I have on order. Salesperson said it could come with 35's. But it was a 2.0l turbo... I can't remember the numbers he said on power and TQ... As he wasn't sure. But he thought it was around 270hp 300tq... That feels waaay under power for the 33's let alone 35's?! The 22 year old salesman was shocked about the power/TQ difference in the bronco... Anyways, the interior was decent. Leather was nice... But underwhelmed by the tech and the tiny info screens and analog dash with a little 4" basic info screen in the cluster considering the tech on the Dodge trucks. Interior space wasn't bad. Expecting the same in the bronco. Sticker price was 70k and they weren't offering incentives. The white shiny backing on the hardtop didn't look bad... Haven't been in the bronco yet so I don't know how much that big crossbar on the roof would bug. It didn't look bad but it looked like every other jeep out there.
Now. To sit in and play with a bronco.
70k is raptor money. GTFO!!!
Sponsored