Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You probably don't pay attention to Jeep media and events.

Take off your Ford-blinders and look around.

Do you think Jeep Wrangler fits 35" tires without a lift as a coincidence? Just random that Jeep engineers designed the Wrangler to fit 35" tires without a lift and then offers 35" tires? Wow, what are the chances? What are the chances it was discussed last year, over and over, and at one of the Jamborees, and then it actually happened? Discussed before the Bronco, and happened. Incredible.
Amazing it's happening in the JL's fifth MY, right after the Bronco comes out
Sponsored

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is exactly what Jeep needed and one of the reasons I'm so glad someone, Ford, finally stepped up to the plate. Competition drives innovation which is something Jeeps been lacking on for a few decades. Jeep got too comfortable being the only show in town and now that's about to change. It's why I'm here instead of at the Jeep dealer buying a JL to replace my JK.

The next handful of years should be exciting in this vehicle segment.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
But only for Rubicon?
That statement right there drives home how huge the Sasquatch package is being available on ALL trim levels. Of all the build issues and weird item lockouts the Sasquatch is the one thing they really did right.

Sponsored

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be willing to bet the Wrangler will have rear seat removable roof panel and body mounted mirrors in a few years.
If they did that I'd order one right now. As mentioned earlier their 8 speed ZF is NICE!!! People don't seem to be to impressed by Fords 10 speed.....Before someone says it I know....Get a manual....Can't, bad knees 😖

Plus they need to redesign their stupid fender flares that are concave on top and catch rocks :mad:

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending on how they price this it could significantly close the gap between the two. The Bronco still has advantages, but the Sasquatch package was the biggest difference IMO.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First couple of sentences..

For 2022, the Jeep brand will offer a new 35-inch tire option for the Wrangler. The addition of a 35-inch tire on the Trail-Rated Rubicon model

Sponsored

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While it is only available on the “rubicon” model, there is a large spread of options on the rubicon. You can get one with the small screen, no heated seats, plastic bumpers, cloth, only soft top, etc.
Basically, you can get a rubicon optioned like a sport (very basic), or a Sahara (all the options).

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of competition, now if only Toyota would step up to the plate with a serious off road offering, that I would jump ship for but I would be completely surprised if the next 4runner has anything bigger than 32" tires.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Happy to see Jeep is continuing to push forward with advancing their product... half doors, V8, white tops, 35 inch tires from factory... you'd be silly to say Ford didn't push them to make these moves. I understand Jeep has offered some of these in the past but low and behold the Bronco gets announced and all of a sudden Jeep has more updates than they've had in years.

The 35" tires appear to be only available on the Rubicon as of now. If this changes and Jeep offers it in a package across all trim levels I'd be anxious to see how it goes. I agree that many people will still favor the look of the Jeep and getting 35" tires from the factory will be amazing. However, to the casual consumer who will lightly be using their rig to off-road (if at all) I expect the Bronco to win out due to IFS comfort. SFA is rough enough on the highway to the average consumer... couple that with 35s and it amplifies everything. The true diehard off-roaders will still pick whichever fits their means because ride comfort comes second but what percentage of those are going to keep the stock suspension/tires anyways?