Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I was thinking about the 2 door Rubicon 20th anniversary edition. Waiting to see what new colors come out. I like the Earl or High Velocity. Wanted Nacho but they don’t make that at this time.
Jeep swaps colors too fast and Ford is WAY too slow (or they are behind a pay wall). Wish they would find a happy medium.
Sponsored

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sasquatch is upgrade. When comparing the base bronco with base jeep then sasquatch doesn't apply.

You'd have to compare it to an upgraded jeep. Not even the jeep willys is what the sasquatch has.
Once you Sas you really can't compare to anything but the Rubicon. If Jeep would offer some lockers on other models, that would be something.

AJKitebrder40

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Badlands 2D SAS, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, ordering a Jeep is incredibly easy, e-mail one of the large volume dealers with your exact build, get a Tread Lightly account for the discount and put down a deposit. I got 8% off invoice in September 2021, showed up within 5 weeks of order confirmation (I got my VIN like 4 days after I put in the order).

It's so easy I'm thinking about ordering another one and trading my JLUR in (it's a manual by the way, and yeah there's definitely a significant upcharge to the automatic for the Jeep).

OP
OP
telenerd

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m about ready to say F it and get my Jeep order in after seeing these comments.

I’m leaning towards if I don’t have a Bronco build date by January, off to order a Jeep so I have it for next summer.

DasStug

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After a year of waiting I canceled my bronco and grabbed a gobi gladiator rubicon off the lot for 7% under msrp and chucked some 35s on it, done, very happy, shout out to heritage in logan utah

Sponsored

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once you Sas you really can't compare to anything but the Rubicon. If Jeep would offer some lockers on other models, that would be something.
Agree!

I actually like the Willys package, a lot! I think the 2 door white looks pretty sweet!

If I wasn't so close to getting my bronco I probably consider it, especially after looking it up for this topic! If they offered a locking rear axle for $595 it would be pretty easy choice!

Ford Bronco Jeep wait time vs Bronco 1661366316573

Mud Dawg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Agree!

I actually like the Willys package, a lot! I think the 2 door white looks pretty sweet!

If I wasn't so close to getting my bronco I probably consider it, especially after looking it up for this topic! If they offered a locking rear axle for $595 it would be pretty easy choice!

Ford Bronco Jeep wait time vs Bronco 1661366316573
Yeah, if they offered a rear locker on the Willys, that would be an awesome setup...

OP
OP
telenerd

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Question for you Theorists.

Why is Ford taking so long besides the chip and hard top problems?

Is their plant too small, are most parts coming from China and not actually made in US, labor problems? Or combination of things we just can’t understand? While Jeep is just cranking out wranglers out of their ass.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Question for you Theorists.

Why is Ford taking so long besides the chip and hard top problems?

Is their plant too small, are most parts coming from China and not actually made in US, labor problems? Or combination of things we just can’t understand? While Jeep is just cranking out wranglers out of their ass.
Here is your answer. Ford is building a brand new vehicle type that hasn’t been in their lineup for over 40 years.

Jeep on the other hand has been turning out basically the same vehicle in the same location for 60 plus years. If you want to get really technical they opened a brand new plant (same location) in 2007 so even if you started from that date you are talking about a 15 year head start on manufacturing proficiency, supplier relationship building and labor.

but hey I mean why not expect ford to start cranking out as many vehicles as Jeep.

OP
OP
telenerd

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Checkout all the new Jeeps at one of my local dealers. Drive to a Ford lot and nothing but used.

A969C3E0-0855-4177-BED6-2A8354F4D43E.jpeg
Sponsored