First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Wrangler was just redesigned for 2018, so I hope they don't do a bunch of R&D. The JL is pretty nice. Jeep is able to go from order to delivery in 8 - 12 weeks, built to your specs, so they're doing pretty good. Jeep offers entry-level top-down vehicles, or top of the line Saharas. The JL Rubicon has all the off road bits to take you anywhere. Jeep is in pretty good position, no pickle.
Sponsored

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ya, basically no one is going to be walking in and "buying" a Bronco off the floor. That's a fantasy.
After todays email, you most certainly will be able to walk in and buy a Bronco off the floor, before reservation holders, as long as you are good with a soft top

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me and you are thinking the same way I think but I don’t think it’s coming through right.
I’m not saying to build up a sport to the rubicon level. I’m saying it would be dumb for Jeep to add all that to a sport from the factory when you can just get the rubicon. And I agree with you it’s dumb to add all that aftermarket as well.
I was responding to this -“From my standpoint, that takes a lot of wind out of its sails. If it were available on the Sport with lockers, then they are getting somewhere.”
why add all that to the sport when you’ll end up having pretty much a rubicon.

As for the sticker…. Me and you both know there are some people who buy the rubicon because it’s the “best” trim, even though it will never see anything other than pavement.
Ok. That post I was responding to did not read like what you just wrote here.

This Xtreme package basically takes what most guys "add" to a Rubicon and puts it in a factory pack that keeps the warranty in tact which is smart, but it also shows that Jeep failed to offer 35s just out of spite. That fact would piss me off.

I'm also sour at Ford for offering only lame ass Goodyear 35s and not the BFGs that Jeep has here which is the best "overall" tire for off road globally.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Wrangler was just redesigned for 2018, so I hope they don't do a bunch of R&D. The JL is pretty nice. Jeep is able to go from order to delivery in 8 - 12 weeks, built to your specs, so they're doing pretty good. Jeep offers entry-level top-down vehicles, or top of the line Saharas. The JL Rubicon has all the off road bits to take you anywhere. Jeep is in pretty good position, no pickle.
They’re certainly highly concerned with losing market share…and it’s a fact they will lose significant share. Heck, it’s so bad that they have hard core supporters trying so hard to convince themselves that Jeeps are better that they live on the Bronco board with 1200 posts…..and they must still not believe it or they wouldn’t be so obsessed with Bronco….

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As stated before, it was all available as dealer-installed-options (DIO) anyway. They don't have to put it on all the trims because it's just for marketing anyway. It's all been available prior to picking up your Jeep from the dealer, they just wanted to best the competition's marketing.

Look through a Mopar/Jeep performance catalog...it's all there.
Yea, but now you have all those take off parts and you're going to pay someone $150 an hour to install them. The package is ~4K. Price out new tires, new gears, new shocks and springs and the labor to do all the work. Maybe you end up about even if you're able to sell all the takeoffs but that's can be a pain.

Jeep was smart to do this. I'm looking at 2023 for a Bronco. I'll buy a 4Cyll turbo Rubicon with 35" tires and 4.88 gears and add some skid plates and have a super capable rig.

It's possible that the Rubicon will keep me happy and I won't even sell it for the Bronco in 2023.

Ford might need to deliver the Raptor with 37s and 35 Spline axles to get me out the Jeep...
Sponsored

Last edited: