Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm installing the following speakers and amp to my non - B&O sounds system:
-Fronts: JL Audio C3 2 way components
-Rear Pods: JL Audio C2-400
-Sub: Installing the B&O factory inclosure with a JL Audio 8w1 sub
-Amp: JL Audio XD700/5v2

There is a lot of information on here that about ways to provide un-equalized clear signals to the amp. Sounds like ther two options are either install the JL Audio Fix 86 or use Forscan.

Is there an easy explanation to why one vs the other?
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They aren't the same and while Forscan can change certain, limited, aspects of the output from the stock head unit IMO that's about where the similarities end. The FIXxx does a LOT more for audio processing than Forscan but, of course, you pay for that (and Forscan does lots of *other* things a FIX will never do); some people can and do decide they don't need all of that If you are considering adding a FIX to that JLA XD amp config you might want to look at the VX instead which effectively marries both into a single compact unit for not all that much more $$.

Silence

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They aren't the same and while Forscan can change certain, limited, aspects of the output from the stock head unit IMO that's about where the similarities end. The FIXxx does a LOT more for audio processing than Forscan but, of course, you pay for that (and Forscan does lots of *other* things a FIX will never do); some people can and do decide they don't need all of that If you are considering adding a FIX to that JLA XD amp config you might want to look at the VX instead which effectively marries both into a single compact unit for not all that much more $$.
Exactly - go with a xv700.

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly what other folks said. Forscan can lock and unlock lots of things, but if you are looking for audio optimization a DSP is the way to go. I looked really hard at the available options from Audio Control and JL as those ended up being my top 2 choices for a DSP/amp integrated unit. Ultimately the Audio Control software interface seemed to be more understandable for me, but the JL software looks really nice.
Sponsored