Sponsored

Just another reason for additional driving lights... headlights covered in snow / ice

Tacoman

Raptor
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Code Orange Braptor, 2022 Black Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah. This was wet snow, but still not that much.
This is how much we got, but enough to cut out almost all the dim light.
IMG_4037.jpeg
Hey Neighbor! This was us this AM in Fayetteville

Snow Day 1~5~24.jpg
Sponsored

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The BEST headlights out there... at least out of everything I have ever seen or experienced....
Hands down easy win for Mercedes new "intelligent" headlight option. The amount of lumens ramps up and ramps down (No High or Low). the projectors change where the beam is pointed automatically. On coming cars it slowly (or very quickly) moves the beam down and to the right. No cars on coming, the beam moves up, more centered on the road ahead. they turn to follow the steering.

And for added effect, when you first start up the car they do this cyborg robotic movement back and forth (seen on walls in front of you) as they auto align themselves.

I can see these being required in a decade or so... But you will pay for them and they will be very expensive to fix.

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My car has headlight washers. They trigger with the windshield washers. I don't drive it in the snow if I can avoid it, but they have worked well with dirt / mud when the need arose.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

until you put on aftermarket lights you won't realize how crappy your headlights are. So you are either exaggerating how well your lights are, have no experience with anything else, or leaving your high beams on so that they are bright enough to see 5 feet in front of your bronco
I was off-roading with the off-road lights on and then switched to the regular headlights on the road. I was shocked at the difference. It doesn't mean the regular headlights are bad, just that off-road lights are so much more powerful.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yep, been there before. This is from last year. Having my pocket lights saved me on the mountain passes during a blizzard. This isn't just dirt covering the lights - It's ice.

Ford Bronco Just another reason for additional driving lights... headlights covered in snow / ice Snow Day 1~5~24

I'm surprised in today's day and age headlights aren't required to have similar "defrosting" capabilities, like side mirrors or rear windows have.
I'll pass on more tech and gadgets, but this has not been much of a problem for me. As far as I know side mirrors aren't required to have defrosting. Lower model Broncos without upgrade packages don't have heated mirrors listed as an option, but my Base does have heated mirrors. Comes on with the rear window defroster control.

Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
My car has headlight washers. They trigger with the windshield washers. I don't drive it in the snow if I can avoid it, but they have worked well with dirt / mud when the need arose.
I know some older Mercedes used to have headlight wipers and washers. Seems like a gimmick to me -- not something I would want.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I use my off roads a lot as I live in the hills, but I actively make sure to turn them off with any oncoming or in front traffic.

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wouldn't know anything about this condition.

Ford Bronco Just another reason for additional driving lights... headlights covered in snow / ice IMG_7231.PNG

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll pass on more tech and gadgets, but this has not been much of a problem for me. As far as I know side mirrors aren't required to have defrosting. Lower model Broncos without upgrade packages don't have heated mirrors listed as an option, but my Base does have heated mirrors. Comes on with the rear window defroster control.
You're right - Sorry, my comment wasn't clear. It's not required for the mirrors, however many vehicles nowadays has this feature. Headlights should have this feature as well, IMO.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
You do realize that the word "aftermarket" does not mean off-road use only or illegal. DOT compliant headlights are not illegal nor for off-road use only
I agree, but the pics on this thread are mostly off road lights. I have no issue with aftermarket headlights if they are done properly and DOT compliant. But I will say in recent years night driving has gotten more fatiguing and dangerous because of brighter lights, and I'm sure many are not compliant.

Sponsored

Michael541

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M2; 2015 Accord -goes when Bronco arrives
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep a can of this and a roll of blue shop towels in my winter LED headlight vehicles. First was my Accord that the Bronco replaced. Worst storm I ever encountered I stopped about every 10 miles to de-ice. This lasted about 30-40 minutes until I got into lighter/less wet snow conditions.

Screenshot_20240105_100501_Samsung Internet.jpg

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Had this issue last year in a snowstorm. Snow/ice also caked on my DD pocket lights.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
The BEST headlights out there... at least out of everything I have ever seen or experienced....
Hands down easy win for Mercedes new "intelligent" headlight option. The amount of lumens ramps up and ramps down (No High or Low). the projectors change where the beam is pointed automatically. On coming cars it slowly (or very quickly) moves the beam down and to the right. No cars on coming, the beam moves up, more centered on the road ahead. they turn to follow the steering.

And for added effect, when you first start up the car they do this cyborg robotic movement back and forth (seen on walls in front of you) as they auto align themselves.

I can see these being required in a decade or so... But you will pay for them and they will be very expensive to fix.
I don't want it.

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I don't want it.
Okay.....

Not suggesting you should want it or not.... I assume you "don't want it" because of the additional technology potential for failure/repair costs. I am trying to say I have never experienced a better way to see the road at night while simultaneously protecting other drivers vision.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay.....

Not suggesting you should want it or not.... I assume you "don't want it" because of the additional technology potential for failure/repair costs. I am trying to say I have never experienced a better way to see the road at night while simultaneously protecting other drivers vision.
Well, you're still wrong. Somehow. I guess.
Sponsored