Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've settled on a 4 door FE in Lightning Blue and I had myself talked into taking it to the paint shop day 1 and getting the MIC top, b pillar, mirror caps, flares, and grill painted.

Mostly because everytime I see the MIC top i throw up a little in my mouth.

So it looks like I'm going to be ordering my FE with the modular painted top.

Anyone have an idea of how that will go down when its time to order? Its not like the modular top is even an option on B&P...

Can I order it with the MIC top and add the modular on to the order so I can melt the MIC one with a flamethrower when it comes in?

And anyone care to speculate on what "late availability might mean?

I tried to like the MIC top but as the basic white girls say: I cant even
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford is probably the only one with the answer to this and they ain't telling. I'm going to wait also.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can I order it with the MIC top and add the modular on to the order so I can melt the MIC one with a flamethrower when it comes in?
Yes you can order it with the MIC top.

I don't think you can order a modular top from the factory with the order of your vehicle. Your dealer may allow you to order separately from their parts department, a modular top, when they become available, but be prepared to pay over $3,700 for the privilege.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To me, one of the most important issues is the tops, and has been from the start. How can they not have given us videos by now?

Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is a beaten to death topic, but I actually prefer the MIC concept because it’s lighter and more robust. If only it werent that awful shade of gray. I’ll try line-x or some other darker coat but am not sure how that is going to turn out.

At one point I was sold on a soft top now, aftermer hard top later. But that would end up too pricey to justify for me.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford is probably the only one with the answer to this and they ain't telling. I'm going to wait also.
This late in the game It's still a toss up for me also ??‍♂ ... I have a july 27 reservation, with that reservation is ordering MY22 possible? Made another reservation late Oct but havent been able to confirm what needs to be done if I choose to wait ...

OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes you can order it with the MIC top.

I don't think you can order a modular top from the factory with the order of your vehicle. Your dealer may allow you to order separately from their parts department, a modular top, when they become available, but be prepared to pay over $3,700 for the privilege.
Why would I be prepared for that?

I reserved a vehicle that came with a painted modular top AND a soft top.

Ford has discounted the price by $1895 because it does not have said tops.

Why should I pay a penny more than that to correct Ford's fuckup?

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The MIC top comes off. No problem. If it looks bad on a white Bronco, I'll take the MIC top off right after delivery, and leave it off until my modular top comes in. Then I put the modular top on. Maybe I put a soft top on to carry me through some bad weather if need be.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why would I be prepared for that?

I reserved a vehicle that came with a painted modular top.

Ford has discounted the price by $1895 because it does not have said top.

Why should I pay a penny more than that to correct Ford's fuckup?
Reservations don't mean shit. And there was no standard option with a modular top and a soft top together.

Are you going to return the MIC top to Ford? You already said you were going to melt it. They are not giving you a MIC top for free. Your MSRP is priced for a MIC top, not a modular top. And to be real, they are not going to take your used MIC top back. So if you want to purchase a modular top separately from your vehicle, then it will cost you over $3,700. Other wise wait, pay an upcharge of $1,895 above what you are paying now, and then you will get your modular top, and no MIC top.

You may not like the situation, but that's how it is.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you going to return the MIC top to Ford? You already said you were going to melt it. They are not giving you a MIC top for free. Your MSRP is priced for a MIC top, not a modular top. And to be real, they are not going to take your used MIC top back. So if you want to purchase a modular top separately from your vehicle, then it will cost you over . Other wise wait, pay an upcharge of $1,895 above what you are paying now, and then you will get your modular top, and no MIC top.
Where are you pulling the $3700 number out of?

If Ford wants to discount it by $3700 for not delivering what they promised ill be happy to pay $3700.

They placed a value of $1895 on it.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's been mentioned a few times recently that we should be able to check off the late availability options for MY21 (Mansquatch and modular hard tops) in Dec-Jan. Our orders will go in but there's no chance it'll actually get pulled for scheduling and being built until those are available. Now, white and body color tops you're going to have to hope that your build gets kicked back to beyond whatever they decide is the cutoff for MY21 and you get to re-up for a MY22. Who knows if the black top is so far behind schedule that the majority of them won't be filled until '22.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I thought everyone was driving around with the top off anyway?

I'll raptor line mine and drive on. I'll spend far more time on the inside driving than on the outside looking at it. Hopefully it's covered in dirt and mud most of the time.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you going to return the MIC top to Ford? You already said you were going to melt it. They are not giving you a MIC top for free. Your MSRP is priced for a MIC top, not a modular top. And to be real, they are not going to take your used MIC top back. So if you want to purchase a modular top separately from your vehicle, then it will cost you over $3,700. Other wise wait, pay an upcharge of $1,895 above what you are paying now, and then you will get your modular top, and no MIC top.
So ordering early MIC and getting a modular later would cost an extra $1800 over waiting a model year to order when painted modulars are available.

Assuming Ford doesn't raise prices for MY22
Assuming painted modulars are available in MY22

Lot of assuming there. I'd rather order a 21 and pay the $3700 for a modular later.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Where are you pulling the $3700 number out of?

If Ford wants to discount it by $3700 for not delivering what they promised ill be happy to pay $3700.

They placed a value of $1895 on it.
The $1895 is an increased option price. Not the price stand alone. When you could option the modular top for an additional $1895, you didn't get to keep the MIC top.

Cost of soft top - $1200
+ upgrade cost to the MIC top - $695
Value of the MIC top - $1,895

+ Upgrade cost of the Modular top - $1,895
Value of the Modular top - $3790

So when you buy your Bronco with the MIC top standard, and you want the modular top later, be prepared to fork over $3790.
Sponsored