Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes you can order it with the MIC top.

I don't think you can order a modular top from the factory with the order of your vehicle. Your dealer may allow you to order separately from their parts department, a modular top, when they become available, but be prepared to pay over $3,700 for the privilege.
I was told for late availability options they will be in the dealer order system and then your build gets put on hold until parts become available - but from the sounds of it - it is likely to run late and right up to 2022 builds. This was the rep I spoke to when I transferred my reservation yesterday.

Additionally - according to the Granger FAQs we can change orders up until build. I'm sure they don't want us changing - but if new items become available....
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reservations don't mean shit. And there was no standard option with a MIC and a soft top together.

Are you going to return the MIC top to Ford? You already said you were going to melt it. They are not giving you a MIC top for free. Your MSRP is priced for a MIC top, not a modular top. And to be real, they are not going to take your used MIC top back. So if you want to purchase a modular top separately from your vehicle, then it will cost you over $3,700. Other wise wait, pay an upcharge of $1,895 above what you are paying now, and then you will get your modular top, and no MIC top.

You may not like the situation, but that's how it is.
Everyone keeps talking around the subject, but nobody can seem to answer if the modular top can be ordered in December on your build and wait until it's available. Nobody wants to pay a big upcharge to get one from the dealer later on. Waiting a couple of months would be no problem for many of us. That's a heck of a lot better than the number of refusals dealers will get when the customer see's for them self how mis matched the MIC top looks.

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone with an FE or WT should wait. Yesssss it will move me up but In all seriousness if you aren’t getting a BL where everything will match I think it’s going to look funky

and you should wait
Just saying

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully they let you order the modular painted in December this year and wait until the top becomes available later.

My understanding is when we order in December modular tops will not be an option we can check... I could easily be wrong

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here's Granger's post about tops:

QUESTION 6 -Will I get the top from Ford for my FE or Wildtrack shipped to me or do I have come back to pick it up from you?
  • Ford will only ship the vehicle when it can be built as ordered
  • In the case of the top fiasco you will get it with the top shipped only
  • No other top will be coming for it as you are being credited for the lack of the original top
So you will not be able to order it as it stands now (MIC top only) and then have Ford send you the Modular top later. You will have to order the modular top separately from the dealer. - - $3790.

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So ordering early MIC and getting a modular later would cost an extra $1800 over waiting a model year to order when painted modulars are available.

Assuming Ford doesn't raise prices for MY22
Assuming painted modulars are available in MY22

Lot of assuming there. I'd rather order a 21 and pay the $3700 for a modular later.
Well the $1895 is giving you a credit against the top it ships with. For the Wildtrak and FE 4-door they're giving you the MIC free, soft tops on the other 4-doors, MIC on the 2-doors. So, you'd have to pay the $1895 plus whatever that difference is plus shipping plus possibly paint when it arrives. $4k-ish to get it to your door after the fact is a reasonable estimate.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The MIC top comes off. No problem. If it looks bad on a white Bronco, I'll take the MIC top off right after delivery, and leave it off until my modular top comes in. Then I put the modular top on. Maybe I put a soft top on to carry me through some bad weather if need be.
Who will sell me their MIC top? I’d love to get the soft top and fork over $1k for a MIC hard top to the first person to offer.

I live in Raleigh and would drive to pick it up.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So ordering early MIC and getting a modular later would cost an extra $1800 over waiting a model year to order when painted modulars are available.

Assuming Ford doesn't raise prices for MY22
Assuming painted modulars are available in MY22

Lot of assuming there. I'd rather order a 21 and pay the $3700 for a modular later.
Another thing about him waiting is I'm guessing there won't be any MY 2022 First Editions. FE implies that they were first and not a year later.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you will not be able to order it as it stands now (MIC top only) and then have Ford send you the Modular top later. You will have to order the modular top separately from the dealer. - - $3790.
That's not how that reads at all. If you choose to wait it won't be built until the modular is available. You can't just get an MIC or soft top now and expect a modular later from the Ford factory. Also, you wouldn't be able to order the dual top option and have it shipped with the soft to get your order quicker and have the modular arrive later. You'd have to order it thru parts.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i’m hoping the MY22s body colors are offered in new colors..... tan or green....i don’t like body color options right now. and spending $60k you should get exactly what you want

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well the $1895 is giving you a credit against the top it ships with. For the Wildtrak and FE 4-door they're giving you the MIC free, soft tops on the other 4-doors, MIC on the 2-doors. So, you'd have to pay the $1895 plus whatever that difference is plus shipping plus possibly paint when it arrives. $4k-ish to get it to your door after the fact is a reasonable estimate.
True. I'm getting a 2 door. Earlier post (#16 by Judge Rufus) said upgrade to modular top is $1895. Same post says cost of mod top is $3790 (close to your $4k estimate).

What I'm saying is that by not doing the upgrade on my my21 order I save $1895 . Then later spend $3790 when the tops are available. So the cost difference between the wait and don't wait scenarios is $1895.

I expect to pay $3790 - $4k down the road when tops are ready.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would expect to pay more if purchasing it separately at a minimum to cover their additional costs like shipping.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

That may apply to their customers only. Most are a long distance away and unlikely will want to go back to pick up their roof.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That may apply to their customers only. Most are a long distance away and unlikely will want to go back to pick up their roof.
Call your dealer and ask.them. Ford isn't giving anything away for free.
Sponsored