Sponsored

Just picked up a 2D - what should I do with it?

What do I do with this bronco?

• Total voters

timstrong20

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota Venza and 2020 Honda Civic Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you pay for it full before it arrived?
I paid for it before I arrived, yes.

Understanding that you don't have a need for it, but also have some charities in mind, I would auction it. Knowing that you are a Granger buyer and an original reservation holder means that Ford gave you no choice but to buy the Bronco with all the promotions/private offers. Even if you end up selling it at sticker, you will easily cover your costs and provide funds for the charities.

Let it go to another buyer and benefit those charities without costing yourself a dime.

I have looked into this option. They quotes I have for a 3rd party to handle the legal end and picking the winner - the only way to go on something of this value - more than covers the difference between todays msrp and price paid.

Not saying that’s a deal breaker, just putting that into the equation.
also in most jurisdictions a “raffle” is not legal. One would need to give it away via selling hats, t-shirts, stickers, etc. so you have to buy and ship all the merch, absorb all the credit card fees and put a ton of time into it. Break even is something like 160% of the new value of the bronco without accounting for time spent.

OP
OP

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For that kind of money I’m probably building at ultra4 car

Assuming they can do it to a 2dr, take it to APG for their ProRunner package

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I paid for it before I arrived, yes.

I have looked into this option. They quotes I have for a 3rd party to handle the legal end and picking the winner - the only way to go on something of this value - more than covers the difference between todays msrp and price paid.

also in most jurisdictions a “raffle” is not legal. One would need to give it away via selling hats, t-shirts, stickers, etc. so you have to buy and ship all the merch, absorb all the credit card fees and put a ton of time into it. Break even is something like 160% of the new value of the bronco without accounting for time spent.

I wouldn't even consider a raffle. List in on BaT or eBay Motors. Clear upfront description. With eBay, you can set a charity and percent of the sale. Or if you don't want make anything, then you know your break even price and start it at that level and let the market determine the value. You can state clearly that any amount over your starting bid will go to charity.

I was a Grange-tober order holder, also. My sticker was $50,500. I paid $37,900. Even after taxes and tags, I'm well under the current market value. I can sell it for sticker tomorrow and the buyer would be happy at buying a Bronco with no markup and no wait.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep it, drive it when you want for fun. That's what I do with my 2022 Basesquatch. I daily drive a GTI and save the Bronco for weekends. The GTI was meant to save me gas but even driving it light footed in gets only 5 more MPG than the Bronco. Love the Bronco, one of my favorite vehicles of all time.

Jimbob007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1996 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’ve had the thought - as one of the poll options - to raffle it off/diesel bros style give away in which case I’d donate $$ to a couple Of my favorite charities. Jessie combs foundation as I’m getting into ultra4, humane society and some veterans charities.

69A65072-C932-4BBB-BAC3-EC945E91B256.jpeg
I dont know about that, the dog looks pretty happy in the bronco

Jimbob007

Outer Banks
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 1996 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That dogs favorite front seat is a Nissan leaf - which he’s waaaaay too big for.
Clearly 😆 that would be like fitting him in my camaro. If my dog gets to be 70lbs the front seat won't be a very viable option

whiteox

Base
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve had an old, early reservation and order for a 2 door sitting out there at granger for a long time. Wasn’t really expecting to see it come on and then ford decided to dump a bunch of orders on them, so now I have it. 2-door, badlands, sas. 3 years ago I had a lot of thoughts, ideas and plans for what would be but now everything is different.

At this pointy off roading is now, generally, beyond what I’d use a brand new vehicle for. It’s likely to get body damage and the fragility of the bronco IFS and steering rack is generally not something I’m interested in worrying about. I just don’t do much rec wheeling that you can use a shiny weekend warrior.

I think the only way I put the requisite money into the steering would be if I built an ultra4 racer out of it.

I don’t really need a daily, I have a super duty and a little fuel economy car.

so what do I do with it?

49CC08D0-10CD-400B-AA88-CEFDF3162C4A.jpeg
Break that Bronc till your saddle sore. You won't riding that horse, maybe she will. Tommy Bronc

Sponsored

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make it a Turo rental.

This .^^^

I used Turo before i got my bronco, and rented a 2 door bronco. paid $400 and some change for like 400 miles over 2 days. it was a ton of fun and totally worth it.

You can make $$ renting that, especially being the 2D, and summer is here.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Mac11

First Edition
First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3g Taco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This .^^^

I used Toro before i got my bronco, and rented a 2 door bronco. paid $400 and some change for like 400 miles over 2 days. it was a ton of fun and totally worth it.

You can make $$ renting that, especially being the 2D, and summer is here.
I replied to that guy and he never responded. Does that work if I’m not close to a major airport?

Combustion_King

Badlands
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it matters. i wasnt near the airport when i picked up my rental. Everything was done through the app, i showed up, the people there showed me the car, i drove off. when i returned it, i dropped the keys in a box and left.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Make it yours.... Tires, bumpers, lights, graphics, etc... Have Fun and Welcome!

You have a great color and part of the few, the proud of the 2 dr team. ENJOY IT!!!!

Team 2 Door = Purpose Built and Bad Ass... 🤞:cool:🤞

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs