Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi fellow Bronco owners and/or manufacturer of fine parts,

Need some help pointing me towards an A-Pillar (ditch light) mount bracket for the classic KC Daylighters. The bolt pattern for the attachment point is a 1/2" stud bolt. I've been in touch with KC directly and the bolt is welded to the light housing, meaning I cannot replace with a smaller bolt. I've been scouring the internet for an aftermarket part that would allow me to mount these things without boring a wider hole. I've seen several posts from other owners who are huge fans over the daylighters who've had to modify other solutions. Please, don't point me to other lighting kits. I love the KCs, the retro look, construction, etc. Just looking for the right bracket.

Ask - Is there anyone who knows and could share a mounting bracket for the A-Pillar that will work without modification (boring a larger hole)? Meaning has a .5 inch stud? Ideally looking for stainless steel or aluminum construction as I do a lot of beach driving and want to mitigate rust.

Link here to light. https://www.kchilites.com/6-dayligh...tml?attr_color=5729&attr_pim_beampattern=5579

Ford Bronco KC Hilite Daylighter 6 inch, A-Pillar / Ditch Light Mount 1698169670321
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used a www.badassmounts.com for my Flex Era 4 A-pillar mounts. Not 100% sure if it'll support a 1/2" stud. The mount with the related bronco bracket is a really slick setup.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/what-did-you-do-to-with-your-bronco-today-👨🏻‍🔧🧰🚿🛠.18089/post-1973780
Yes, I've seen these and love the look of these mounts, but I don't think it'll accept the .5 inch bolt of the KC Daylighters. The Flex Era 4s use an M10 bolt which is much smaller. Love your kit though, looks slick. Was it a tight fit with the M10 bolt or was there room to fit a larger bolt?

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd just order a ditch light mount that elevates the mount above the factory bolts, so you have room to get the nut on the stud. You might have to cut down the stud a bit and drill out the mounts. I have the mountains2metal ditch light brackets, and their holes were just barely too small for the 7/16" factory bolts that came with my baja designs squadrons. Those mounts are stainless though so no worries about corrosion if you drill the holes out larger.

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd just order a ditch light mount that elevates the mount above the factory bolts, so you have room to get the nut on the stud. You might have to cut down the stud a bit and drill out the mounts. I have the mountains2metal ditch light brackets, and their holes were just barely too small for the 7/16" factory bolts that came with my baja designs squadrons. Those mounts are stainless though so no worries about corrosion if you drill the holes out larger.
This mount? https://mountains2metal.com/a-pillar-single-pod-light-brackets-fits-2021-ford-bronco/

This could be an option looking if I'm forced to drill a larger hole, if I can't find one out there that's stock .5 inch. Question, are your baja designs 6 inch pods? Want to be sure lights aren't hitting the antenna.

Sponsored

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This mount? https://mountains2metal.com/a-pillar-single-pod-light-brackets-fits-2021-ford-bronco/

This could be an option looking if I'm forced to drill a larger hole, if I can't find one out there that's stock .5 inch. Question, are your baja designs 6 inch pods? Want to be sure lights aren't hitting the antenna.
I’m running the two light mount with Baja designs squadron sport/pro. I think you might have clearance issues with the antenna depending on how far back or forward you can get the mounting point. You could probably use the inner mount as it is a bit forward of the antenna.
Ford Bronco KC Hilite Daylighter 6 inch, A-Pillar / Ditch Light Mount IMG_2545

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m running the two light mount with Baja designs squadron sport/pro. I think you might have clearance issues with the antenna depending on how far back or forward you can get the mounting point. You could probably use the inner mount as it is a bit forward of the antenna.
IMG_2545.jpeg
Thanks for the response. The dual one won’t work, but will look into their single pod. My lights are ginormous. 🤣 going to be awesome once I can figure out how to make them fit properly.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another option might be to get mounts designed for larger 6"-9" lights on the modular bumper, and mount them there.

Fokker4x4

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4Runner/2023 Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I was looking at the daylighters too and spent a couple hours searching for mounts that would fit without drilling and didn’t find any.

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was looking at the daylighters too and spent a couple hours searching for mounts that would fit without drilling and didn’t find any.
They’re quality lights. All metal construction, and have that classic old school look that goes so well with the bronco. Can’t believe there’s not an a pillar mount for them easily findable.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hi fellow Bronco owners and/or manufacturer of fine parts,

Need some help pointing me towards an A-Pillar (ditch light) mount bracket for the classic KC Daylighters. The bolt pattern for the attachment point is a 1/2" stud bolt. I've been in touch with KC directly and the bolt is welded to the light housing, meaning I cannot replace with a smaller bolt. I've been scouring the internet for an aftermarket part that would allow me to mount these things without boring a wider hole. I've seen several posts from other owners who are huge fans over the daylighters who've had to modify other solutions. Please, don't point me to other lighting kits. I love the KCs, the retro look, construction, etc. Just looking for the right bracket.

Ask - Is there anyone who knows and could share a mounting bracket for the A-Pillar that will work without modification (boring a larger hole)? Meaning has a .5 inch stud? Ideally looking for stainless steel or aluminum construction as I do a lot of beach driving and want to mitigate rust.

Link here to light. https://www.kchilites.com/6-dayligh...tml?attr_color=5729&attr_pim_beampattern=5579

Ford Bronco KC Hilite Daylighter 6 inch, A-Pillar / Ditch Light Mount IMG_2545
Yeahhhhhhh welcome to the wonderful world of KC. I don't know WHY they do this. It makes it difficult to install them. We've installed some KC lights on some vehicles and yup... bolts always attached to it which makes installation very difficult. I wish I had an answer for you but I don't. Just wanted to chime in with my feelings, which are similar to yours, about how annoying that is.

OP
OP
Philly Big Bronco Boy

Philly Big Bronco Boy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco KC Hilite Daylighter 6 inch, A-Pillar / Ditch Light Mount IMG_4817

Ford Bronco KC Hilite Daylighter 6 inch, A-Pillar / Ditch Light Mount IMG_4816

Ford Bronco KC Hilite Daylighter 6 inch, A-Pillar / Ditch Light Mount 72013545154__7580BAEF-18ED-48C8-9BB8-14532F5552C1

Just finished installing the KCs and am absolutely thrilled with how they turned out. Half way through installing the Diode Dynamic fogs but ran out of daylight. Will post the full front after I’ve installed all.
Sponsored