Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I pulled up to a Town Pump station in Three Forks MT for a coffee. When I came out my door wouldn't unlock and the clicker would not unlock it. I had to use the manual key. When I got in and tried to start the Bronco it alarmed and stated that the key was not found. After much lock unlock try the manual key in the door etc I got the alarm to shut off, but still no key found. I started it remotely with the app and shut it off as well, still no key found. I finally called my sales guy Michael Folson with Helena Motors. He did some searching and called me back right away with the fix. Place the fob in the small fob indentation in the bottom of the center console. That did the trick. Unsure why it happened, interference?
Sponsored

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I pulled up to a Town Pump station in Three Forks MT for a coffee. When I came out my door wouldn't unlock and the clicker would not unlock it. I had to use the manual key. When I got in and tried to start the Bronco it alarmed and stated that the key was not found. After much lock unlock try the manual key in the door etc I got the alarm to shut off, but still no key found. I started it remotely with the app and shut it off as well, still no key found. I finally called my sales guy Michael Folson with Helena Motors. He did some searching and called me back right away with the fix. Place the fob in the small fob indentation in the bottom of the center console. That did the trick. Unsure why it happened, interference?
Or at least train us on how to get it to work when it happens....
It's covered in the Owner's Manual...

Ford Bronco Key not found error Accessing the PassiveKey Backup Position - Pg 158
Ford Bronco Key not found error Accessing the PassiveKey Backup Position - Pg 156

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our FOBs refused to work one time. Both of them. We got it to work when we took one of them, out of range to the rig. Never happened again since.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would expect some interference. There have been cases where some locations had some interference source and cars reliant on electronic remotes for access to the vehicle and/or starting would not work in those "dead zones". Some were traced to some business or individual that had something interfering.

Most instance would not be that dramatic but may only intermittently cause a problem and may depend on exact model of car/remote and even exact location of the vehicle. Moving a couple feet could make a difference.

I run a great deal of radio gear and notice that the level of interference (especially in gas stations) gets worse and worse. It would not surprise me if at some locations (possibly related to exact position of vehicle), that these wireless keys don't generate enough signal to overcome interference.

The cell phone network thru which the app works is different enough frequency that it still worked. With digital radio and cell phones (which are also digital), many interference sources simply aren't noticed.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's in the owner's manual, which you have to buy separately.

OP
OP
brentallan4421

brentallan4421

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's in the owner's manual, which you have to buy separately.
Right, couldn't access it until I got the fob to be recognized. LOL the hard copy would have saved me. Thankfully the sales guy came through.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a couple places in town where this happens on a fairly regular basis, one is a vacuum cleaner shop. It's some type of interference but unsure what from. We suspect exterior lighting but don't have the equipment to verify it's not from emf or wi-fi.

Another note on the battery. They have to be at least 3.0V+, 2.9 or lower is a no-go. It may work but won't function reliably. If you use the fob to lock/unlock/start frequently, replace once a year. A good DVOM is helpful. We've gotten "fresh" batteries that test bad out of the blister pack so check before replacing. Had numerous people think their fob was bad even after a new battery because it was weak.

Gilligans_off

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2 Dr Bronco Badlands Sas/lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
brentallan4421

brentallan4421

Outer Banks
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYI, there's a copy in the FordPass app ;)
Right, wasnt thinking too clearly at 11:30 at night.. Would have found it evetually, but my awesome sales guy bailed me out.... Michael Folsom Helena Motors Highly recommended.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs