Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I purchased the keyless entry keypad from the parts counter, but it doesn't seem to be recognized by the Bronco. I haven't found anything in the manual or online, but perhaps I'm missing it. Does anybody know if it needs something done by the dealer like to have it flashed and if so what it might cost? Or better yet can somebody point me to instructions so I can install it myself? Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, you need to go to the dealer to get it paired properly with the vehicle.

In the description of the item it states:
  • Requires Dealer Service Tool (IDS/FDRS)

OP
OP
RyanP

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Mike. Any idea what they might charge?

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Mike. Any idea what they might charge?
Standard installation cost is $10 if you purchase installation with the accessory itself.

I don't know what it would be separately... probably would vary widely by dealership. I know at my dealership that if I paired it with normal vehicle service (like an oil change) they would just throw it in for free.

It takes less than 5 minutes to actually pair it to the vehicle. The downside is the mechanic has to be familiar with FDRS. And at many dealership only the master service techs know FDRS (for reasons I don't fully understand), and often dealers will have a 30 minute minimum labor charge for their lead techs.

OP
OP
RyanP

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Standard installation cost is $10 if you purchase installation with the accessory itself.

I don't know what it would be separately... probably would vary widely by dealership. I know at my dealership that if I paired it with normal vehicle service (like an oil change) they would just throw it in for free.

It takes less than 5 minutes to actually pair it to the vehicle. The downside is the mechanic has to be familiar with FDRS. And at many dealership only the master service techs know FDRS (for reasons I don't fully understand), and often dealers will have a 30 minute minimum labor charge for their lead techs.
Bryan,

That's very helpful color. I have to bring it back to the local dealer again soon as they weren't able to do everything last time, so hopefully they can just knock it out along with the other work. Thank you!

Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, mine had the same issue. I had to order a few other parts so I’m waiting for those to come in before the service guys knock it all out at once.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

under the kick panel, below steering wheel, there is a keeyless door code on a sticker, that may help you out in programming

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn’t there a card with the vehicle code on the fuse box under the steering wheel or something?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Isn’t there a card with the vehicle code on the fuse box under the steering wheel or something?
There is, but there's also a card that comes with the keypad itself which has three 12-16 digit codes that need to be programmed to the vehicle through the aforementioned FDRS dealer tool.
Sponsored