Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man I live in the south in an area where you never hear of car theft we all have guns. This is the last thing I worry about. I leave them in the center console. Yes if someone does cut the top and get in they will be able to crank the ride and leave with it. I'm also a grown man and will do what I want so I don't care if you like my ways or not. Do it don't do it I don't care but many people live in areas like me with no crime and don't really care what the trolls think

Its all perspective.
..."we have guns"... hilarious. Killer mode.
Sponsored

bigblueboing

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
not trolling - but serious - I am thinking of getting the keypad as well. But my points are serious. Keys in a running car - from what I heard may not be covered by insurance as theft. Something to think about.
That being said - if you use the keypad - where can the keys be left, out of sight, that will not be sensed by the car if someone does manage to get in. In other words - where can I leave my keys in the car, and the car will not start because the key is not present.
Stealing a car is stealing a car.
even if you leave it open and it’s running and it has a sign on it that says steal this car.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

BillieB

Outer Banks
First Name
Billie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler & F350
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Many may or may not know so thought I would tell a little trick.

With the Bronco and F150 (Maybe others also) if the truck is running or off if you push the 7-8 9-0 at the same time it will lock your ride. I use the to walk in stores or when I get out to lock the doors. Personally I never take the keys out of my ride. I just use the keypad.

On the F150 if after you unlock your truck you push the 5-6 it will open the tailgate if it is a power tailgate.

I have never had the problem of the back door not opening on my Bronco without me having the key also but I have never used the key only the pad.
Can't you just use the Ford Pass App?

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you. Do you mean it fired right up after you clicked the "unlock" button on the fob inside the vehicle?

What happens if you lock the vehicle with the keypad (with a key inside), but then you try to start the vehicle by just pressing the start button (I.E., someone hides the passive key inside the vehicle so a would-be criminal doesn't know it's there, and they just smashed the glass or something)

I ask because here is that the manual says:

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 12.29.36.png

Which makes it sound like any key left inside when the vehicle is locked via the number pad (or any other fob) will not work to start the vehicle.
I tried it with one key in my pocket and the other away from the Bronco and then tried the other key the same way both times it cranked.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't you just use the Ford Pass App?
Yes, you can with the Fob in it also, But my phone is in my pocket and those 2 buttons are right in front of me. same getting in the buttons are right in front of me and also like many have said my kids don't have Ford pass so they love being able to lock and unlock at the ball games, beach and places like that.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried it with one key in my pocket and the other away from the Bronco and then tried the other key the same way both times it cranked.
I'm not entirely sure I understand what you've been trying and/or it's the situation we're talking about.

The idea is that you leave home with just one key fob. You get to the spot where you want to go swimming, so you leave the fob in your car (maybe locked in the center console), and then you get out, and lock the car with the number pad.

Then, while you're out enjoying a dip, the neerdowell cuts open your soft top, hops in the driver's seat, and hits the Engine Start button.

If everything works as the owner's manual suggest, the engine should not start, and the thief should not be able to drive away.

If any of the following is true:

1. You unlock via the number pad
2. You unlock via a key fob
3. You have a second key fob with you

Then the engine *should* crank, since all of those situations imply the presence of an authorized person.

At least, that's how I've interpreted the owners manual and what has been shared from other Ford owners with experience with the number pad.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not entirely sure I understand what you've been trying and/or it's the situation we're talking about.

The idea is that you leave home with just one key fob. You get to the spot where you want to go swimming, so you leave the fob in your car (maybe locked in the center console), and then you get out, and lock the car with the number pad.

Then, while you're out enjoying a dip, the neerdowell cuts open your soft top, hops in the driver's seat, and hits the Engine Start button.

If everything works as the owner's manual suggest, the engine should not start, and the thief should not be able to drive away.

If any of the following is true:

1. You unlock via the number pad
2. You unlock via a key fob
3. You have a second key fob with you

Then the engine *should* crank, since all of those situations imply the presence of an authorized person.

At least, that's how I've interpreted the owners manual and what has been shared from other Ford owners with experience with the number pad.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yes, and what I'm saying is I locked the Bronco with the keypad and it still let me crank the Bronco so test it before you trust it.

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, where do you live? Do you think a spark plug tip will still break a window? The intruder will now have your keys and your truck. Insurance will give you a pretty hard time for leaving keys in the truck.
I used to always lock my keys in my F-150 when I had the keypad. I put the keys in the console. Yeah there's a chance my truck could have gotten broken into and the thief find the keys. But, I doubt many criminals are like "hey that Ford has a key pad, get the spark plug window breaking tool. The keys might be inside!!!"

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Won’t that drain the car battery by leaving the keys inside the vehicle?

310BroncoTK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX470, Macan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, and what I'm saying is I locked the Bronco with the keypad and it still let me crank the Bronco so test it before you trust it.
I asked the question earlier in this thread, but I'm hoping that putting the fob in a faraday bag (and then hidden in the car) resolves this issue.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man I live in the south in an area where you never hear of car theft we all have guns. This is the last thing I worry about. I leave them in the center console. Yes if someone does cut the top and get in they will be able to crank the ride and leave with it. I'm also a grown man and will do what I want so I don't care if you like my ways or not. Do it don't do it I don't care but many people live in areas like me with no crime and don't really care what the trolls think

Its all perspective.
For the TL;DR B6G Members, Bradley said.........

download (1).jpeg

DarthTod

First Edition
First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition, Mustang GT, F-350 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, where do you live? Do you think a spark plug tip will still break a window? The intruder will now have your keys and your truck. Insurance will give you a pretty hard time for leaving keys in the truck.
I know a guy the lost his truck that way. And it was not a fun conversation with the police or the insurance company. They still covered it, but they didn’t cut him any slack.
Sponsored